Leaking problem with eGo AIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renaud

Sep 22, 2017
Hi everyone,
I bought an eGo AIO around 1 month ago, it was working fine, until I change the first resistance. Then I started getting more and more often some liquid after dragging on the vape.
When I remove the mouthpiece, there is usually some liquid on the cone that goes to the resistance. Also the mouthpiece itself is often full of it.
First of all, regardless of the fact that it is very annoying, is it dangerous if I often get the liquid in my mouth ?
Then, is there an easy way to fix this ?

Thanks a lot,
Cheers.

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Did you remove the battery from the base when you changed your resistance coil?

If not, do so now and put in a new coil.

Second. Did you prime the new coil prior to trying to vape? Just letting it sit for a half hour or so will do that, after filling your tank with juice.

Third. Are you sure your resistance coil was tight enough? Make double sure you have it screwed on there well.

No, juice in your mouth won't hurt you, it's just nasty and annoying.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's not supremely dangerous to get a spitback into your mouth here and there, but it sounds like something is definitely off with your vaping equipment. I'd say try the suggestions above, and if things still aren't working, maybe take your setup to a Brick and Mortar vape shop to see if they can help you isolate what is happening when you try to change your coil. It sounds like some sort of user error, and watching some YouTube videos on how to change your coil might be helpful as well, in case you are missing a step, or not screwing in your coil completely, etc.

Anna

Renaud

Sep 22, 2017
Thanks for your replies!
Well I don't think I can remove the battery of this one...
I didn't do that, but the vendor told me to drag on it 10 times without powering it on.
And also, the first time I had the coil changed, the vendor did it. I changed it 3 times since that, and I always make sure that it is very tight.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks for your replies!
Well I don't think I can remove the battery of this one...
I didn't do that, but the vendor told me to drag on it 10 times without powering it on.
And also, the first time I had the coil changed, the vendor did it. I changed it 3 times since that, and I always make sure that it is very tight.

I'm sorry, I had a different style ego in my head when I wrote that.. Your fine then, it might just be a bad coil if your sure you have it on tight..

Try an other coil and see if the same thing happens, if so, do as stols said and go back to the vape shop with it and have them trouble shoot the problem.

Reactions: stols001

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
I was never impressed with my ego aio when I first got mine (well over a year and a half ago). It only works half decent with the .6 coil so if the op wants to continue with this mod make sure you're not using the .5 coil because then there will be a lot of spitback. Overall this mod can seem simple at first but it can give you issues. If you are new to vaping I recommend asking the pros here for recommendations on a new starter kit and I think you'd be happier and more successful than going with the ego aio. Good luck :)

Reactions: stols001

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
The Ego AIO is basically a Cubis tank. I have both the Ego AIO and the Evic AIO and several Cubis tanks. All of them get gurgly and flood after filling which is annoying to say the least. I almost always have to remove the mouthpiece and shove a long rolled-up piece of paper towel down the airtube to sop up the excess liquid. After that, it usually works fine until the next refill.

I prefer the 0.6 ohm coil, but the 1.0 or the 1.5 work OK and get longer battery life. The 0,5 ohm sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread