Learning curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamBandPhan

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
OR
Hey there fellow vapors, I have recently joined the ranks of e cig users, and over the last 2 months, have been acquiring all kinds of supplies and models. It all started when my boyfriend ordered a blu kit. Then I got a Volcano, and quickly moved up to a 510. I have been buying stuff left and right. Aside from the flavored juices, I ordered several extra batteries and atty's for the Volcano and the 510 and decided to try out a 801 kit that is still on order because of the chinese new year holiday slowing things down. I managed to get PCC's and usb chargers for the L88b models, and the 510, to go along with the many spare batteries I thought I was going to need for later on, and I liked the many color choices of LEDs, so I got a variety of those too. I now have a pretty good surplus of parts, and have started to move into the world of mods. At first I wanted an e cig that was as close looking to the regular cig as possible, to blend in while in public, and to keep the e cig small, but have found the constant changing/charging of batteries a bit tedious, and the thought of them eventually failing and having to replace them by ordering on line, paying all those shipping charges, is starting to seem like a hassle. I started to think I should be focusing my money and time on mods that will hold up longer, have longer battery life, easily replaceable batteries that don't cost as much as the ones that are made for the e cigs I already have, and fewer parts to break or have to replace. Every time I uncovered another layer of information, I move up a step, make a purchase, and then uncover more information. I decided to buy a Janty ego because of it's long battery life and it works with 510 parts, which I got today and have been testing. It looks great, works well, but again it's got expensive batteries that I will have to order when these die. While I was waiting for the ego to arrive, I found the GG slim, so I went ahead and ordered that thinking about how long it would last compared to the others I bought, and liked the fact that I could replace the inside battery locally, for less money. Then just as I was thinking I found the right one for me after buying the GG, I found the chuck, with customizable graphics, and that sent me over the edge. I love making graphic art, it's one of my passions, so I decided to get 2 made with psychedelic art images that I created (one for me, one for my boyfriend). So several hundred dollars later, I have amassed quite a collection of e cig stuff, and can't decide what to do with it all. I have only tested the GG slim and the ego lightly, since they arrived today, so if I decide not to keep them, I can sell a barely used item in the classifieds. I just don't know yet what to do with it all. I am still on the chuck waiting list, so it will probably be a few weeks before I can get those and test them out. Since they are custom with my art work on them, I have the feeling I will want to keep them over some of the other models I just got. What I was hoping to avoid, but failed to do, is not to spend too much money getting into all of this. Then there is the lingering fear that e cig parts/juice could soon become either harder to get or just go up in price if the government tries to over regulate things, so I keep going back and forth about keeping my supply, so I can vape for a long time to come. We are in a situation where we will be packing up our stuff in a POD in 2 months, hitting the road with our little Scamp camper trailer for the summer, and then settling back down somewhere in the OR/WA area. When that happens, I will not be able to throw my money around as loosely as I have been doing these last few months, so part of me wants to hang on to all this stuff so I don't have to go seeking out parts again for a long while, and I will have options of which ones to use depending on where we are, and what we are doing. The hang up is, I might end up just wanting to use the chuck, and maybe the 510, and the rest of it will just sit there collecting dust. At this point it is all speculation, because I don't even have the chuck yet, and I won't know what my money situation will be when we move, until we get settled in our new location, but I know I will have to be frugal for a while. I know this is personal to my situation, but what would you do with all the extra parts, would you keep them, or try to move them along to somebody else? The way I see it, the money is spent, and I might just find I am glad to have this stuff later down the line, but the frugal side of me thinks I have gone a bit over board and should get rid of some of it while it is still in fairly new condition. :confused: I like having the option to take out a small e cig or a bulky e cig, depending on the situation, but I keep thinking of how frivolous I have been. It's enough to make my head spin :shock: I guess I will need to take more time to think this out before I start getting rid of stuff... I love all this e cig stuff, but how much is too much?

Last edited:

laurieok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
Yea..I am right there with ya!! :) I have amassed a huge amount of stuff!! And I still can't stop! I try everything, and then if I know I will not ever use it, I will sell it in the classifieds. I finally realized that I do not like 5v vaping, so I sold off my SB, Prodigy V1, and Xhaler. Just see what you like and if there is something you really don't care for, you can sell it in the classifieds. Just don't sell it if there is a chance you will like it later. :)

JamBandPhan

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
OR
Yeah, I feel like a glutton right now, buying so many different products all at once. I guess if I had been satisfied with the Volcano, I wouldn't have moved on to the 510 etc... and it has taken time to find the other products, as soon as I find one and think, this will be the one, another pops up. I guess this is the nature of this "hobby" as I spend a lot of my time reading, researching, experimenting, modding, and vaping. I am also in a bit of a limbo right now, waiting for the big move to come closer. The same thing happened when I got into those cute egg shaped fiberglass camper/trailers. I was obsessed with them, got one that was a fixer, and now she is a beautiful, functional trailer that we will be staying out of this summer while we travel. This also places a bit of urgency for me to get this figured out (to a point) before we move, I will be camping most of the way to OR, hitting up some summer music festivals, and don't want to have to jack around too much with my e cigs once we are on the road. So, I have been cramming my head full of as much info as possible, and feel a bit saturated. I do love it though, or I would not be as deep in as I am, so it's not a bad thing, I just hope to get a handle on buying stuff after I get these chucks, so I can stop burning up my extra funds, and finally feel satisfied with what I have aquired. Figureing out how to revive my clogged up atty's was a huge step, now I will just keep my new ones put away for future use, and get more life out of the ones I thought were dead. :thumb:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I agree with most everything you said, but I was at least lucky enough to find three things which currently put me in a position to not want or need anything else for now...

1) The 510
2) The Chuck
3) KR808D-1 adapter and cartomizers

I use the Chuck at home for dripping.
I use the 510 with cartridges for on the go.
I use the 510 with cartomizers for when I will be out all day and night.

But, to further identify with you, I stocked up due to concerns of a ban.

I now have the following...
--30 510 atomizers
--30 510 batteries
--two years supply of juice

I have considered selling off some of this stuff, but I'm going to wait until things shake out.
I would rather be stuck with things I don't need and can't even sell than be sent back to analogs.

However, where we part ways is that I have at least stopped buying more stuff now.
:)

Last edited:

JamBandPhan

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
OR
Besides the sheer thrill of buying and trying new products, I think it is the potential "ban" or even the threat of just having to pay way more that is motivating me to stock up on extras right now. I just got another 10pk of 510 atty's in the mail, and am now shopping for a few good 801 atty's as I am starting to test that out now, and love the stronger flavor I get from it, over the 510. I guess I should not feel so bad, if it keeps me stocked up for a long while. Once we leave, and get on the road, I won't be sitting behind my computer scrolling through endless e cig websites. I'm just glad there are others who can identify with me, and this new obsession I find myself partaking in. I should also mention that I will be sharing ecig parts with my boyfriend as well, so there are 2 of us to keep in supply. I've been trying to figure out how to get the best price on high concentrated bulk nic juice, so we can have a good supply for a long time, just in case. Right now the best I have found is 60ml bottle of 60mg unflavored from americaneliquidstore.com for about $44 shipped. If anyone knows of a better deal, I would love to know about it. Worse case, we have to extract it ourselves, which I know how to do properly, but that will have to be last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread