Leaving e-liquid in an eroll-c cartridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush Threepwood

Apr 22, 2015
Does leaving e-liquid in an eroll tank produce some foul-sweet taste overnight for everyone?
Do eroll tanks corrode from storing e-liquids in them?

If I leave some liquid in an unconnected tank,sometimes for a night,sometimes a bit longer,liquid starts tasting awkward - most of the time with some foul sweetness. Liquids I've left were either NETs or some joyetech's "original" fruit flavors. Is it normal? And how am I supposed to carry spare liquid when I'm not at home then,in bottles?...

If I let liquid pour into the atomizer and leave it for a night inside,first few blows taste like asphalt after the rain,is it same for everyone?

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
What exact juices are you using? I know fruity citrus and cinnamon flavours are known to strip and crack polycarbonate tanks. Not sure what kind of plastic the eRoll tanks are made of, or whether they are suscepticble to this happening. My recommendation is that you check with the vendor or Joyetech before continuing to vape these juices in your eRoll.

Guybrush Threepwood

Apr 22, 2015
What exact juices are you using? I know fruity citrus and cinnamon flavours are known to strip and crack polycarbonate tanks. Not sure what kind of plastic the eRoll tanks are made of, or whether they are suscepticble to this happening. My recommendation is that you check with the vendor or Joyetech before continuing to vape these juices in your eRoll.
The first time I noticed this effect actually was with citrus flavor - organic orange de sangre(highbrow). However,I also checked(with a different eroll) tanks where I stored original joyetech liquids - apple and kiwi,and the taste had similar effects(though not as much).

The "rainy asphalt" happens with NET liquids(goodejuice,Net.com)...
Is there any way to visibly check eroll-c tank for cracking?

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
The first time I noticed this effect actually was with citrus flavor - organic orange de sangre(highbrow). However,I also checked(with a different eroll) tanks where I stored original joyetech liquids - apple and kiwi,and the taste had similar effects(though not as much).

I tried a while back to find out what type of plastic the eroll and ego tanks are made of, but I just couldn't find any info. It doesn't at all look or feel like what polycarbonate supposedly does, and one of the first flavors I bought was a tank cracker that cracked a polycarbonate tank I had, but not the eroll tanks (I didn't have an ego yet at the time).

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California

You could check the tank looking thru strong light. I have an e-cab so I think the same tanks as you? I've left type A tanks to sit with Joyetech cola and a (DIY-Lorann) pineapple for two weeks - just for giggles - but I didn't see cracking or etching. Tobaccos seem to be fine in them too. Probably the bottom refill cap will wear out before the tank.

If the tank is left un-connected to the atomizer part, then air can get in there, and flavor molecules can escape, so flavor will fade and you will taste more of the PG/VG. You know, there is such little capacity of the type A tanks, that you're not going to save much in eliquid costs by keeping it in tanks unused. Dump it out, rinse the tanks and treat yourself with fresh eliquid every time. If you haven't used an atomizer in a while, try two quick and short un-inhaled 'primer puffs' to force some fresh liquid into the atomizer and get things kickstarted. Might help with that 'rainy' taste.

Guybrush Threepwood

Apr 22, 2015
I tried a while back to find out what type of plastic the eroll and ego tanks are made of, but I just couldn't find any info. It doesn't at all look or feel like what polycarbonate supposedly does, and one of the first flavors I bought was a tank cracker that cracked a polycarbonate tank I had, but not the eroll tanks (I didn't have an ego yet at the time).
Thanks for the info! From what's been said,I take it isn't the tanks themselves the issue...
You could check the tank looking thru strong light. I have an e-cab so I think the same tanks as you? I've left type A tanks to sit with Joyetech cola and a (DIY-Lorann) pineapple for two weeks - just for giggles - but I didn't see cracking or etching. Tobaccos seem to be fine in them too. Probably the bottom refill cap will wear out before the tank.

If the tank is left un-connected to the atomizer part, then air can get in there, and flavor molecules can escape, so flavor will fade and you will taste more of the PG/VG. You know, there is such little capacity of the type A tanks, that you're not going to save much in eliquid costs by keeping it in tanks unused. Dump it out, rinse the tanks and treat yourself with fresh eliquid every time. If you haven't used an atomizer in a while, try two quick and short un-inhaled 'primer puffs' to force some fresh liquid into the atomizer and get things kickstarted. Might help with that 'rainy' taste.
I'm afraid eroll-C tanks arent wholly transparent,there's a transparent e-liquid window and upper part is,but the other part is covered by some opaque parts. I'm almost sure it's because of the unconnected part you mentioned - I've covered the tanks with caps they came with,but the stuff these caps made from is soft,and I might have not placed them tightly enough. Thanks for the idea,I'm almost sure this will solve the problem. I think I'll follow your advice and keep liquid in bottles when not used for some time; also,the "priming" worked,though not as fast as 2 puffs - had prime-puff a bit longer,but that solved the issue - thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread