Lemo 2 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesem

Jul 1, 2014
Ohio
I ment large as tall or not mini like the kayfun v5 if someone has both.
I used lemo 2s for a couple years... even back then I ended up enlarging the juice and air flow holes. IMO, though I would still use them in a pinch they really are a grade below what's currently available. On the plus side, they have a good size build deck And are overall a nice height.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I used lemo 2s for a couple years... even back then I ended up enlarging the juice and air flow holes. IMO, though I would still use them in a pinch they really are a grade below what's currently available. On the plus side, they have a good size build deck And are overall a nice height.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
You almost had to enlarge the juice channels to get that thing to keep up. That was my problem with the lemo 2, it had the huge diameter chimney, large build deck, but if you tried DTL sub ohm builds the juice couldn't keep up because the space been the glass and barrel/deck wasn't adequate. I do remember kind of liking the drip tip.

Reactions: ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
You almost had to enlarge the juice channels to get that thing to keep up. That was my problem with the lemo 2, it had the huge diameter chimney, large build deck, but if you tried DTL sub ohm builds the juice couldn't keep up because the space been the glass and barrel/deck wasn't adequate. I do remember kind of liking the drip tip.

Every one says that about the Lemo 2's but I've never had to open up the juice flow. I could do it but I'm afraid the juice will flow too fast. Never had a dry hit yet from my Lemo 2's.

Reactions: Beamslider

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I have new and old tanks, biggest difference are the build decks and airflow IMO. Rest seems about the same to me. Older tanks from a couple years ago I use full open where newer tanks I need to close them off half way or more to get my style of vape... between MTL and restricted DTL I'd say. I decided to pass on it, someone local had a UD EZ I got for like $7 USD and $2 ceramic tweezers I don't use. Interesting design, like a Goblin V2 with Goliath height and JFC/AFC and a screwless deck which is really much nicer then I thought it would be.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I use my Lemo 2's for DTL - way too much airflow for MTL. If you closed the a/f most of the way you could use them for MTL though.

I love mine - I have 4 of them now and use 'em all every day.

How much is cheap? Did you get one?
It's about $12.80 USD after tax. For a B&M it's quite a deal though... still considering it.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
It's about $12.80 USD after tax. For a B&M it's quite a deal though... still considering it.

Yup that's pretty good. I bought my first one from Vapesourcing on eBay for $12 USD (including shipping) then I bought 3 more from their website for $8 each plus $8 to ship them all at once.

Eleaf Lemo2 atomizer

They still have some there - I keep eyeballing them thinking I should order another 3 or 4.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I use my Lemo 2's for DTL - way too much airflow for MTL. If you closed the a/f most of the way you could use them for MTL though.

I love mine - I have 4 of them now and use 'em all every day.

How much is cheap? Did you get one?
Thought $12 USD was cheap and passed on it but another shop had them here for $5 CDN, like $3.75 lol. Couldn't pass that up. I just built it with 32 awg for MTL while I wait for my EVOD tank to show up but I'll build it with 26 awg tomorrow night for DTL and let you know what I think.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Thought $12 USD was cheap and passed on it but another shop had them here for $5 CDN, like $3.75 lol. Couldn't pass that up. I just built it with 32 awg for MTL while I wait for my EVOD tank to show up but I'll build it with 26 awg tomorrow night for DTL and let you know what I think.

lol! I know right!!!

Vapeandbeyond

I ordered 4 more last weekend. They shipped yesterday and I'll have them by the end of the week. :w00t:

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
lol! I know right!!!

Vapeandbeyond

I ordered 4 more last weekend. They shipped yesterday and I'll have them by the end of the week. :w00t:
Whats the best way to wick it for sub ohm DTL? See a bunch of videos of people stuffing a ton of cotton down it and complaining of dry hits... I'd think buy looking at just fluffed out and laying against the build deck like a Kayfun would work alot better.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Whats the best way to wick it for sub ohm DTL? See a bunch of videos of people stuffing a ton of cotton down it and complaining of dry hits... I'd think buy looking at just fluffed out and laying against the build deck like a Kayfun would work alot better.

Yeah, I've seen those videos too. I imagine the best way to get a dry hit is to use cotton in a Lemo 2.

I've only ever used rayon and I've never had a dry hit (I use Cellucotton 100% Rayon version). I wind up enough rayon to fit very snugly through the coil then thin the tails out to about a third of what's stuffed through the middle. Then back curl the tails and stuff them in the channels. Works a charm every time.

Reactions: stols001

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Yeah, I've seen those videos too. I imagine the best way to get a dry hit is to use cotton in a Lemo 2.

I've only ever used rayon and I've never had a dry hit (I use Cellucotton 100% Rayon version). I wind up enough rayon to fit very snugly through the coil then thin the tails out to about a third of what's stuffed through the middle. Then back curl the tails and stuff them in the channels. Works a charm every time.
I can't bring myself to try Rayon, heard to much nasty stuff about it on TV. Safe for us but deadly to those who make it... something used in the process drives people so crazy the factories have bars on the windows because workers were jumping out of them lol.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
I used to have alot of problems with dry-hits on various RTAs, untill I discovered that against general recommendation, then making the cotton much more snug in the coil than usual. You would think that it wouldn't work, since cotton expands when wet, though however the high heat from the coil will also have a shrinking effect already, so I now always wick pretty tight and then fluff the tails with pointy tweezers from both sides(up/down), both to make the tails less compact but also to thin them out some, and then I use as short of a tail as I can get away with also. This method lets me get away with running much higher wattage/temp than before, and longer drags, if wanted/needed.

I would wick the lemo 2 like this video, except keeping the tightness of the wick double as tight and fluffing(loosening/thinning) tails:

I have a feeling the tightness of the wick makes a difference between which viscosity/type of liquid you use. I don't use PG and only VG with some water to thin it, about 10%, and tight wicking atleast for this liquid type and wattage(50/60-ish watts semi long drags) is working best for me without a doubt...

Lastly, use spaced coils always too, if having dry-hit issues, as not giving as highly centered heat-development.

Rayon is probably best I agree, because it both is very tight in coil, and the strands are less-compact/loose with superior capillary action, but there's not much difference to me, when wicking like I explained above i.e. cotton wicked tight +.loosing/thinning strands. It also lasts much longer too, like rayon.

Last edited:

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I used to have alot of problems with dry-hits on various RTAs, untill I discovered that against general recommendation, then making the cotton much more snug in the coil than usual. You would think that it wouldn't work, since cotton expands when wet, though however the high heat from the coil will also have a shrinking effect already, so I now always wick pretty tight and then fluff the tails with pointy tweezers from both sides(up/down), both to make the tails less compact but also to thin them out some, and then I use as short of a tail as I can get away with also. This method lets me get away with running much higher wattage/temp than before, and longer drags, if wanted/needed.

I would wick the lemo 2 like this video, except keeping the tightness of the wick double as tight and fluffing(loosening/thinning) tails:

I have a feeling the tightness of the wick makes a difference between which viscosity/type of liquid you use. I don't use PG and only VG with some water to thin it, about 10%, and tight wicking atleast for this liquid type and wattage(50/60-ish watts semi long drags) is working best for me without a doubt...

Lastly, use spaced coils always too, if having dry-hit issues, as not giving as highly centered heat-development.

Rayon is probably best I agree, because it both is very tight in coil, and the strands are less-compact/loose with superior capillary action, but there's not much difference to me, when wicking like I explained above i.e. cotton wicked tight +.loosing/thinning strands. It also lasts much longer too, like rayon.

I can't see video on here but sounds like what I do. I actually comb the cotton with a needle so it all runs the same direction to the coil as well. I vape low watts on single coil so I dont need to do all of it usually but the Lemo wicks like a kayfun so may need to scottish wick, pancake and cut the top off then comb out whats left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread