Lemo II and Snow Wolf help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack H

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2014
Kunming, China
I'm trying to get my TC coil working correct on my SW. I tried 4, 6, & 9 wraps 3.5mm and temps from 375~460F at diff watt settings with no joy. (Ni200 28ga)

What I find is I lose any sort of throat hit now. It is so smooth I can't even tell I'm vapeing until I exhale. Also I'm not a cloud chaser, but I get very little in the way of clouds. My eleaf 50w did much better with kanthol setup.

My SW is working but it does show that whatever coil build I do, it seems to always read 0.15 ohms. I know a 5 wrap coil should read .08. If I do a 9 wrap, it still reads .15. Even after I select Yes- new atomizer nothing seems to change.

What can I do to set up a good hitting coil on my Lemo II with this SW?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
If different coils all give the same resistance reading, there's either something wrong in the topper or in the mod itself.

Look over the topper first. Look for anything out of alignment, shifted contact block, carbonized crud, and so on.

If that's all the way it should be, try getting a reading with NO topper. If it's anything other than infinite resistance it suggests a fault in the mod. If it's infinite (some will say "check atomizer", some "no atomizer", it varies...), put on toppers that you've checked with other means, either different mod or stand alone meter. If they don't come in close to the same (as there is variance in meter calibration), again it points to the mod being flakey.

UNLESS you're putting the topper on so tightly that it compresses the contacts in the mod, causing the short. If that's the case, and not knowing how SW does the connection, remedies can vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread