Lenola Cream Tastes Awful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

berlunt

Oct 6, 2015
Hi there,

I ordered a 30ml bottle of Lenola Cream the other day and after letting it steep for a week i tried it but was met with a really unpleasant burnt popcorn taste with little else. I'm currently using a eleaf istick at 13w with an Aspire Nautilus tank with 1.8ohm coil. I've tried replacing the coils to no avail and I'm starting to wonder if I've had a bad batch or whether I'm just using the wrong sort of setup (I've never used a juice with this high VG% before) I'm relatively new to this so any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance for any help.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
13w may be too high for that flavor, or, the vg% may be too high to wick well in that particular delivery device, or, you might have burnt / singed the wicking material, or, you may have a funky/bad head, or, there might be a previous flavor lingering in the delivery device that causes a funky taste when mixed, or, you may not have primed the head thoroughly enough, or, you may not like the flavor, or, it may need to steep longer, or it could be a goopy turd juice with fake reviews.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
As @Topwater Elvis said it could be many different reasons.

Did you prime the coil?

The Nautilus Mini uses cotton as a wick. All cotton coils have to be "primed" well with juice. If they are not primed well the cotton will singe/burn. Unfortunately, once the cotton is burned the burned taste doesn't go away.

To prime the coil, drop 5-8 drops (sometimes less/more depending on the size of the coil head) of juice right inside the coil, another drop of juice in all the holes on the side of the coil. Put the coil in the base, fill the tank and screw the base back onto the tank. Once you put the tank on the battery give it several unpowered primer puffs. This will make sure the wick is fully saturated.

Turn you voltage/wattage down, tank a few hits, bump it up, couple more hits. Repeat until you find your "sweet spot". If your vape starts to taste burnt, dial it back down.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
I've read good things, but it has been confirmed by the maker to contain AP (bad for you). If that's not the kind of thing that bothers you, continue vaping it.

In regards to your actual problem, I've never been able to get max VG to wick properly in the Nautilus Mini. It's not really meant for a max VG juice. I mean, even the SubTank has a bit of trouble keeping up unless you do some tweaking to the heads.

Turning down the wattage might help, but my guess is the juice is too thick to adequately soak the wick. Dry wick is no good.

Reactions: Moaufan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread