Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks. I ordered it and am waiting for it to come in the mail :) Hopefully it will arrive within a week. This sounds like good advice. I will look up some youtube videos describing what you mentioned. Thanks again and to everyone else for helping me pick out something and for your encouragement. You guys are awesome :)
Are you in the US? Most packages arrived with a week if you order within the US. Its funny because I went to look for a video for you and this was the first one on the list. Not a video, but its from the place I think you ordered from. LOL

How to Properly Prime Your Atomizer Coil

Tjgoa

Feb 25, 2017
Just got it. Primed it. Read all the manuals. I Filled the ejuice and am vaping at 5.9W with no difficulties whatsoever. The buzz is definitely there too. I think I would have been fine at 3mg. The buzz is strong. All in all this is a good experience. Everything is very easy to operate and learn. I am E X T R E M E L Y confident this will allow me to quit smoking. Thanks so much goes for your help!

Tjgoa

Feb 25, 2017
After about 3 days, I've smoked less than 10 cigarettes :) This is going much smoother than anticipated. I'm also vaping up to 12V, but most often around 8V. I'm also thinking maybe 9 mg of nicotine would be doable.

It's also a bit hard to refill the nautilus mini. It says do not get any liquid in the center consol but the dropper is big and drips come off from the side of it. If the dropper itself touches the center, a drop will build up and go in, so I have to be a bit careful. Other than that, it's a great experience and I'm enjoying it.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
First...way to go on only having 10 cigarettes since you got your set-up! That's a very good start and is an encouraging sign that vaping may just work for you afterall. :banana:

It's also a bit hard to refill the nautilus mini. It says do not get any liquid in the center consol but the dropper is big and drips come off from the side of it. If the dropper itself touches the center, a drop will build up and go in, so I have to be a bit careful. Other than that, it's a great experience and I'm enjoying it.

I've found that's a common problem for many people when refilling tanks like the Nautilus Mini and similar ones. From my own experience with mine... it's much easier if I use a bottle with either one of the fine tip plastic tips, or one with a metal blunt needle tip cap on it. Either of those allow me to easily keep eliquid out of the air tube when refilling. You may want to get a few of those to try. They're much easier, IMO.

EDIT: Those bottles I referred to are these types:
FineTipDropperBottles.jpg
NeedleTipBottles.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie

Tjgoa

Feb 25, 2017
Thanks so much. After I got used to it, I'm not having any more issues. I can actually do it really fast now and everything is clean :)

I just wanted to update the thread to share how things are coming along. First, I love vaping! I'm so glad I took the time to research and acted on it. Thanks so much for your guys help. Things wouldn't have been so easy and clear without your guys help. Most importantly, thanks so much for your encouragement. I was not expecting that when I created this thread.

One, I very, very much prefer vaping over cigarettes. It is no contest. It's smoother, taste better, and way, way less harsh on the lungs, not to mention a great deal healthier overall. Two, I have effectively quite smoking! I haven't had a cigarette in days and the last time it was intolerable. The smell, the harshness, is horrendous. With that impression and feeling I get with cigarettes, it's safe to say I have QUIT smoking, for good! I can't ever see myself smoking again :)

On the mechanical side, I think I've gotten the hand of everything, at least the basics, of vaping. I already replaced the coil after it started tasting unpleasant -- it was a synch :) I have run out of ejuice though. It's not so bad though since it has lasted about two weeks. In comparison, on average, I would be spending 1.40 cents a day to vape. This includes ejuice and replacement coils. This is much better than 7 dollars a day, economically, while the benefits to health are incalculable. I love it :) Thanks again guys!

Last edited:

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
reading a bit through this thread....i know you are excited about starting to vape but it is a learning curve,before you go spending money on something, please read and study and learn first....as much as many hate to suggest, but starting with a cig-a-like just to see if you might like vaping is a better option and then going to an ego type mode with a good old fashioned protank with replaceable atomizers is a great start for learning how vaping works....while isticks are great battery life and small sized they aren't really for a very first begining vaper unless you have someone around you who vapes that can help you figure things out....if you want to go the route of the istick stick to a 30w or even a 40w but not TC! and get a simply type tank that is easy to fill and easy to pop atomizers in and out of like a protank....again vaping is a learning curve and while no one want so to seem like they are wasting money and we all always want the latest and greatest thing, we first must learn ;) baby steps....find what works for you and what doesn't but don't throw a lot of money at your first mods and tanks because what works for one person might not work for you and now you've spent more money then you'd like to admit on something that just doesn't work due to lack of knowledge or just isn't for you! As far as juice goes, i suggest higher nic levels for new vapers at least for the first month or so after switching for cigs, you're body needs to adjust to get rid of all the additives and whatnots that cigs have to just getting the nic that vaping has.....find a juice that's 70 to 80% vg and around 24 mg.....

Reactions: Eskie

Tjgoa

Feb 25, 2017
Hey guys, things are still going smoothly, though, I'm noticing I have to change my coils more frequently. The ones that came with the nautilus itself lasted two and a half weeks each, while the replacement ones typically last a week, sometimes less. Is this normal? Should I get higher quality replacement coils? Also, how long will the nautilus itself last? Will that ever need to get replaced? Thanks.

I usually vape around 12 watts, with either 6 or 12 mg nicotine at 70 percent VG.

One last question, or concern really, is there anything I should or shouldn't be doing to insure vaping is safe and doesn't break or blow up!?

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    If you get 2 Nautiluses and use them equally, the coils in each one will last twice as long ;) ... actually it might help more than that. Also then have a possibility of flavor change and the all important backup. Of course your backup can also be something else, and sometimes different kinds work better with certain flavors.

As to safety, mainly respect the battery, in the unlikely case something malfunctions you need to remember it's not an ordinary object. About the only ways I can see you could have an issue is accidentally maxing out the power or if you carry the battery unit by itself in your pocket and something metal gets in the connector and it gets turned on (this won't blow up but could burn you).

Tjgoa

Feb 25, 2017
    I would say about 4-5 refills a day, and the naitulus mini is kinda small. I'm trying to understand why the coils that came with it lasted so much longer when nothing too much changed in habits or flavorings. Some of the coils give a bad taste after 4-5 days, versus nearly 20 at the beginning. With a fresh coil it taste very smooth, sweet, and just plain good, but afterwards I start to not even taste it then it turns bad. Im thinking I need to buy more expensive replacement coils, or maybe the nautilus tank itself is acting up?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I would say about 4-5 refills a day, and the naitulus mini is kinda small. I'm trying to understand why the coils that came with it lasted so much longer when nothing too much changed in habits or flavorings. Some of the coils give a bad taste after 4-5 days, versus nearly 20 at the beginning. With a fresh coil it taste very smooth, sweet, and just plain good, but afterwards I start to not even taste it then it turns bad. Im thinking I need to buy more expensive replacement coils, or maybe the nautilus tank itself is acting up?

sounds like you just got a bad batch of coils. I would try one more batch of coils from a different vendor. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread