let juice open to the air for 24 hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
i tried to breathe my juice for ~10 hrs as written and i forgot it and fell asleep and after 24 hrs i closed the bottles, so does anyone know what happens when you put the juice open to the air for a long time? what happens exactly

As Eskie said, the main reason people expose juice to air is to let any alcohol in the flavorings evaporate. Not all flavorings contain alcohol. The quick and dirty test for alcohol in a juice flavoring is to put a tiny drop on your finger and touch it to your tongue. If there's alcohol you'll feel a burn.

The definition of steeping is a period in which you allow the components in the juice mix thoroughly at the molecular level. Shake it a couple of times a day. It's good for mixing of the components as it steeps.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
This issue should not affect your juice much at all. Like Eskie said, you're going to have air in your juice bottles anyway, and it's just a process for steeping to let it air out, it doesn't need to be crazy accurate or anything. If you are worrying about nic getting weaker or something, an extra 14 hours isn't going to make much difference. I have juices where the level is halfway down or less, and they're at least 3 months old, but they're perfectly fine to use and if the nic has degraded slightly, it is certainly not enough to notice.

Anna

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
The definition of steeping is a period in which you allow the components in the juice mix thoroughly at the molecular level. Shake it a couple of times a day. It's good for mixing of the components as it steeps.
This exactly ^^
I barely ever use my juice whenever i just got em,always let em open for about 1-2hours and them i let em sit in a dark drawer (i still vape it while it's steeping though) after even a single day steeping i can always taste the difference and imo most juices i've tried became much tastier after at least a couple days steeping!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
This exactly ^^
I barely ever use my juice whenever i just got em,always let em open for about 1-2hours and them i let em sit in a dark drawer (i still vape it while it's steeping though) after even a single day steeping i can always taste the difference and imo most juices i've tried became much tastier after at least a couple days steeping!

Steeping is almost a necessity for tobaccos, desserts, and other complex flavors.

I'm vaping juices I mixed several months ago. The first month they were weak. I also have some DIY juices that I mixed at recommended percentages that require diluting with unflavored after an extended steep to be just right.

I'm beginning to get a little low on steeped juice. A DIY session is in my immediate future.

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
This exactly ^^
I used to put my opened bottles of juice in a drawer, until that time the drawer was a little sticky from the humidity, and I gave it a mighty yank. The bottom of that drawer is still a bit... moist. :facepalm:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I mixed up three 100ml bottles of unflavored yesterday and five 50ml bottles of various Hangsen tobaccos. I was getting low on my "good" flavor stock.

I also cleaned up a couple of brand new EHPro Kayfun LPV2 in the UC with water and alcohol. That works wonders for getting the machine oil out of a new atomizer.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread