Status
Not open for further replies.

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
I was just on the white house petitions site

Petition the White House on the Issues that Matter to You | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government

Theres only one petition currently that is vape related, repealing the PA vape tax.
How about we put in 1 petition and get our 100000 signatures in?
we have to all collaborate so that our 1 petition is signed by all of us and it states our cause clearly and effectively. Having multiple petitions won't guarantee we would all sign them all and it could show divisions in our cause.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I was just on the white house petitions site

Petition the White House on the Issues that Matter to You | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government

Theres only one petition currently that is vape related, repealing the PA vape tax.
How about we put in 1 petition and get our 100000 signatures in?
we have to all collaborate so that our 1 petition is signed by all of us and it states our cause clearly and effectively. Having multiple petitions won't guarantee we would all sign them all and it could show divisions in our cause.
I believe there have been two we the people petitions regarding the FDA regs that have reached 100,000 signatures. Unfortunately, both of those resulted in an answer of "the FDA is not banning electronic cigarettes, they are regulating them to further protect public health."

I'm not saying I won't sign it, but I don't know how much good it will do at this point.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I don't think 2 is enough. I think we need to keep submitting petitions saying the FDA does not have the right to restrict free trade without evidence the product is harmful to the public.
I didn't mean to discourage you, just thought you should know a bit about the background.

Reactions: DC2

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
No problem, totally understandable. We're all emailing politicians and supporting advocacies right now, but I don't think we've done enough in the petition category yet. I don't think 1 or 2 petitions ever got anything done in the government. But if we show that we're not going away that easily, that a few statements of denial won't resolve our issues, maybe we can cause change.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I, and a few other very dedicated supporters, have had a petition going for over a year now. We're at just under 60,000 signatures. Most of the benefit from the petition is that I can use it to send out pieces of information that are good for vapers to know through the update system.

I support hitting them from every angle, as much as possible.

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
I, and a few other very dedicated supporters, have had a petition going for over a year now. We're at just under 60,000 signatures. Most of the benefit from the petition is that I can use it to send out pieces of information that are good for vapers to know through the update system.

I support hitting them from every angle, as much as possible.
Any chance I can get a link to that petition?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Well... let's do it again!
well theres another new one you can sign at
Form a congressional Committee to review the FDA's Deeming of Vapor products as Tobacco Products. | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government

please be mindful that its not the first, theres been major efforts before, and through CASAA and
such groups as change.org,
U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, President of the United States: Reject the FDA's Deeming of Vapor Products as Tobacco Products

HOWEVER....each petition requires no fewer than 100,000 signatures in 30 days?? (I think) as of toDay 1 Aug 2016
none of them have reached that!! upsetting I know.
perhaps we're all going too many different places..and/or not everyone is hitting them all.
please write your state/district/ representatives house and leg.
please write every place you can.
thank you very much

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
I hate to be the debbie downer, but alas I noted Sen Ron Johnson's Petition has a paltry 360 signatures?
can that be correct? Is it possible when some click (dont share on the web)the ticker isnt catching?
Stand With Ron Johnson -Sign the Petition | Electronic Vaping Coalition of America

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
I hate to be the debbie downer, but alas I noted Sen Ron Johnson's Petition has a paltry 360 signatures?
can that be correct? Is it possible when some click (dont share on the web)the ticker isnt catching?
Stand With Ron Johnson -Sign the Petition | Electronic Vaping Coalition of America
the problem is that the petitions are not properly advertized. Can we get admin to sticky these petitions? maybe send link to our favorite reviewers. We can hit 100000 signatures in a week if we get the word out.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I could never get a response from anyone about what this petition was actually supposed to do and who was collecting the information asked for, and what they would be doing with it. So, I signed it, but never shared it.

Reactions: Ipster

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
I could never get a response from anyone about what this petition was actually supposed to do and who was collecting the information asked for, and what they would be doing with it. So, I signed it, but never shared it.
That's why I like to go straight to the source Whitehouse.gov petitions. Then I know exactly where they go.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
the problem is that the petitions are not properly advertized. Can we get admin to sticky these petitions? maybe send link to our favorite reviewers. We can hit 100000 signatures in a week if we get the word out.
The advocacy groups, and then by extension pretty much everyone else known in the vape world, have decided that petitions don't do any good. Some believe they even hurt the cause, I don't believe this at all, because it promotes slacktivism. So, don't expect any help there. Again, just giving you background, as I've been through this before.

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
The advocacy groups, and then by extension pretty much everyone else known in the vape world, have decided that petitions don't do any good. Some believe they even hurt the cause, I don't believe this at all, because it promotes slacktivism. So, don't expect any help there. Again, just giving you background, as I've been through this before.
It's tough to get people to sign petitions, but that's what the FDA is counting on. No resistance.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
That's why I like to go straight to the source Whitehouse.gov petitions. Then I know exactly where they go.
There are a few problems with the whitehouse petitions, the way I see it, and this is just my opinion. First is the time limit. Second is the required signatures. Third is that the petition is really just to get a response. Fourth is that the whitehouse has clearly already responded on this issue. Two petitions have already had enough signatures to get a response, and the OMB approved the regulations as they are.

This is where I somewhat agree with the advocacy groups. The petitions themselves are unlikely to change the minds of those in power, unless we had a LOT more signatures(millions). What the petitions can do, is spread awareness. The ice bucket challenge just contributed to a breakthrough in research. The biggest problem facing vaping is that not enough people know what's really going on.

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
There are a few problems with the whitehouse petitions, the way I see it, and this is just my opinion. First is the time limit. Second is the required signatures. Third is that the petition is really just to get a response. Fourth is that the whitehouse has clearly already responded on this issue. Two petitions have already had enough signatures to get a response, and the OMB approved the regulations as they are.

This is where I somewhat agree with the advocacy groups. The petitions themselves are unlikely to change the minds of those in power, unless we had a LOT more signatures(millions). What the petitions can do, is spread awareness. The ice bucket challenge just contributed to a breakthrough in research. The biggest problem facing vaping is that not enough people know what's really going on.
I like the andy duphrame approach. When they say stop sending them, we send 2. Plus I believe it gives ammunition to advocacy groups, politicians, and and even the ones perusing legal action against the FDA. Plus advocacy groups have no way of showing the public and government directly the number of people who support a policy change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread