Let's see those WOOD mods!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

polarbare

Oct 10, 2014
Texas
Damn, that thing is gorgeous. You made this yourself? I would love to try and copy this.

Mine is a homebrew - I'm not a woodworker, but I have a milling machine :D Unfortunately, this means I usually think in terms of drilling and tapping things in order to secure them together, which limits me on the choices of wood - I don't know how well the really pretty stabilized burls will do with drilling .055 holes and subsequent tapping to utilize 0-80 screws (which are what I used to hold the aluminum endcaps on). I Also used 2-56 screws to hold the battery sleds in place.

I guess I could try to find a hunk the appropriate size and see what happens (googling didn't turn up anything useful). If anyone here has input regarding tapping small holes in stabilized burl, feel free to chime in!

Whiplash205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Cleveland, Ga, USA
Mine is a homebrew - I'm not a woodworker, but I have a milling machine :D Unfortunately, this means I usually think in terms of drilling and tapping things in order to secure them together, which limits me on the choices of wood - I don't know how well the really pretty stabilized burls will do with drilling .055 holes and subsequent tapping to utilize 0-80 screws (which are what I used to hold the aluminum endcaps on). I Also used 2-56 screws to hold the battery sleds in place.

I guess I could try to find a hunk the appropriate size and see what happens (googling didn't turn up anything useful). If anyone here has input regarding tapping small holes in stabilized burl, feel free to chime in!
You might pm pdib on here. He's worked with just about most types of wood you can think of, especially the stabilized Burls. He's a great guy and makes some damn sexy mods.
Here's a link to his thread on ecf.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587492
I'm thinkin' maybe we should try this again? . . . . and you kids should behave yourselves

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

You might want to take a look through this thread also. There have been some gems that have been spawned to life in it... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rs-place-everything-modified-custom-made.html

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
My latest Woodvil

reowoodvilpeko.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread