Let's see your tanks on the Holy Grail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Ah, okay, thanks for the answers. I thought people were modding fill holes to eliminate the need for syringes.

I can make it through the day with my 3ml tanks, but I carry spare juice anyway in a 6ml bottle, and can fill it if need be. I definitely don't want to carry a syringe with me, and the long-spout or syringe-spout bottles are unwieldy.

I also found that with the 1/4" screw I had to shave it down a bit, and now it locks the carto in place as well. The J-tank is tight, but now it's locked onto the carto and won't budge. I think I'm going to mod the tanks I got in the co-op the same way.

AmnNate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
Charleston, SC
Thanks Donnah!

So, does any one have a rebuildable atty on there provari? I'm in line for the z-atty & can't wait. After seeing all these tanks I've been having to use a LOT of self control. I really love tanks!

Oh yeah....I ordered some of the 45mm boge's from healthcabin on the 6th(March). So far they've made it into NY & just waiting to clear customs. Looks like they'll be hear sooner then I expected.

Yep, I got lucky enough to pick up Dan's latest G-Tank-US! I've got one of his Scubagen V3 tanks coming too!

Here's some crappy phone pics, lol. I friggin love this thing! Stainless steel like the Provari, exact diameter as the beveled top. And a rebuildable genesis, with either a 5ml, 3ml, or ego-t type b tank. Also a dripper top for extreme flavor on a genesis atty! Amazing! Looks friggin sweet too! Thank you Dan for such an incredible machine!
GTUS 1.jpg GTUS 2.jpg

Forgot to say: the pics are of the 5ml tank with a CherryVape SS ming drip tip! All steel all the way baby! :2cool:

Ghostc4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Oregon
Yep, I got lucky enough to pick up Dan's latest G-Tank-US! I've got one of his Scubagen V3 tanks coming too!

Here's some crappy phone pics, lol. I friggin love this thing! Stainless steel like the Provari, exact diameter as the beveled top. And a rebuildable genesis, with either a 5ml, 3ml, or ego-t type b tank. Also a dripper top for extreme flavor on a genesis atty! Amazing! Looks friggin sweet too! Thank you Dan for such an incredible machine!
View attachment 84472 View attachment 84473

Forgot to say: the pics are of the 5ml tank with a CherryVape SS ming drip tip! All steel all the way baby! :2cool:
How does a rebuildable compare to a standard tank?

AmnNate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
Charleston, SC
How does a rebuildable compare to a standard tank?

Well, there really is not much of a comparison. The rebuildables don't have any filler whatsoever. The steel wick has absolutely no effect on the flavor of your liquid so it tastes as it should. It's ridiculously cheap to rebuild. The GTUS is pretty heavy being solid steel, but it's even more rugged than the Provari. It takes a little fidgeting to get running perfect, but once you master the coil and wick making, you have an infinite atomizer. You can adjust the resistance by how many wraps you make the coil. You can adjust the juice flow by how tight you roll the wick.
I guess it's a little similar in that you stick a carto in a regular tank and vape till it's nasty/not performing as well, then you pull it out and put in a new one. With the rebuildable, you make a coil, fill the tank, vape till it's nasty/not performing as well, then take off the coil and make another with about 3" of wire. That's about the gist of it. Except the carto costs $1-2, and the 3" of wire costs $0.02!! The flavor is much better on a genesis setup though, because there is NOTHING to cause a difference in flavor. You taste exactly what you bought/made. I've actually not liked juice anymore that I loved in a carto. It's all the joys of direct dripping, without the dripping part, lol. Does that answer your question at all? I think it's really just something everyone should have the pleasure of trying if they get a chance.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Well, there really is not much of a comparison. The rebuildables don't have any filler whatsoever. The steel wick has absolutely no effect on the flavor of your liquid so it tastes as it should. It's ridiculously cheap to rebuild. The GTUS is pretty heavy being solid steel, but it's even more rugged than the Provari. It takes a little fidgeting to get running perfect, but once you master the coil and wick making, you have an infinite atomizer. You can adjust the resistance by how many wraps you make the coil. You can adjust the juice flow by how tight you roll the wick.
I guess it's a little similar in that you stick a carto in a regular tank and vape till it's nasty/not performing as well, then you pull it out and put in a new one. With the rebuildable, you make a coil, fill the tank, vape till it's nasty/not performing as well, then take off the coil and make another with about 3" of wire. That's about the gist of it. Except the carto costs $1-2, and the 3" of wire costs $0.02!! The flavor is much better on a genesis setup though, because there is NOTHING to cause a difference in flavor. You taste exactly what you bought/made. I've actually not liked juice anymore that I loved in a carto. It's all the joys of direct dripping, without the dripping part, lol. Does that answer your question at all? I think it's really just something everyone should have the pleasure of trying if they get a chance.

Oh wow! Is there a video that shows how to do this? And where do you get the materials?

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
Mark-T Atomizer - Tank Mode

NYSlw.jpg

3 ml Liquinator with VPX Charcoal Grey tube from Nhaler

5gGXY.jpg

Comparison

(Left to right: Apex Alpha Ultramax, Kicked Precise Plus 18650 with Beveled Satin End-caps with Satin SS 3ml tube, Black Satin Provari V2 with Extension Cap with 3 ml Liquinator+VPX Charcoal Grey tube, Notcigs Infinity Pro with IKV Vision, Bottom Darwin with Mark-T Atomizer - Tank Mode)

6OSrV.jpg

Don't have the chrome provari anymore, but it looks great with a SS MAP DCT-

au2Yg.jpg

Last edited:

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
Just a quick update on that coop for the tanks last week, I got mine today and they are great (pic below). I cut one down to fit my Boge 3.0 carto and it vapes perfectly. Just for giggles I determined how much juice I could put in each tank, one uncut and the other cut down for my Boges. Minus the carto, I can put 4.0 ml's in one and 2.8 ml's in the other.

CutTank1.jpg

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Just a quick update on that coop for the tanks last week, I got mine today and they are great (pic below). I cut one down to fit my Boge 3.0 carto and it vapes perfectly. Just for giggles I determined how much juice I could put in each tank, one uncut and the other cut down for my Boges. Minus the carto, I can put 4.0 ml's in one and 2.8 ml's in the other.

View attachment 84641

I got mine today, too. Fastest co-op ever. :)

I had it cut down to Boge size, full and vaping Halo Tribeca within 10 minutes of opening the package. They work great, and tighten up pretty nicely after sitting for a bit. I was worried they wouldn't, but with a bigger drip tip, it's not going anywhere. What a great deal when people are paying $14+ for a single tank.

Just arrived 2 hrs ago. My latest tank.

Phiniac's The Feather

envithyx-albums-my-phiniac-tanks-picture84673-phiniac-feather.jpg

Regular on a 3.0 Ohm Boge.

That is a seriously nice tank. I wish I could see the process by which he makes these. He must have access to a vinyl plotter, to make a sticky stencil to wrap the glass in before sandblasting. Looks like it was worth what they charge.

Envithyx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
NorCal
Lovin the Phiniac's!!

How tight are they? Also, where did the stainless ming come from? I likey..

Sorry it took me a bit to get back and respond. SS Ming came from BombayVaping BRUSHED STEEL MING. Ordered it with some more juice.

As for how tight they are. Very secure. I have had no leaks. End caps are on good. With some e-juice lube, it slides on the carto fairly easy (I go threaded end in first).

Without a drip tip installed, when on my Provari with the 18650 extension and battery (full weight), and with juice inside, I can grab it by the tank and literally try to shake the tank off by going up and down hard and it doesn't budge.

I will caution you that for a few moments after installation/refill, the o-ring will be less grippy and so don't do this right after. I don't think it will budge, but if it does it will probably be ever so slight. Still not worth taking the chance. This does come in handy though if you want to rotate the tank design into place as once the ring sets, it's much harder to rotate the tank. It just wants to screw your carto into the Provari ever too tight.

I just did another test while writing this up as I was curious. I grabbed my tank, placing the Provari pointed away from me. I then cross my arm over to the other side of my body and snapped it out as hard as I could. Didn't budge. Actually sounded like the carto was going to snap from the abrupt stop. Wow. :thumbs: Going to have to add this to my review notes.

In any event, I'd say it passes the stay on and no leak test. :)

Last edited:

wyetterp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Murrells Inlet, SC
Thanks Envithyx. That's what I was looking for. For me one of the most important features of a tank is to be tight enough to grab & shake without slipping. I want that confidence when it's riding around in my pocket.

I just did another test while writing this up as I was curious. I grabbed my tank, placing the Provari pointed away from me. I then cross my arm over to the other side of my body and snapped it out as hard as I could. Didn't budge. Actually sounded like the carto was going to snap from the abrupt stop. Wow. :thumbs: Going to have to add this to my review notes.

In any event, I'd say it passes the stay on and no leak test. :)

That's crazy! Lol. I trust my tanks, but there's no way I'm giving it that test. I gotta make sure I keep a eye out for your durability reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread