Not open for further replies.

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
@Big Hitter

I've been using the Killer 705 in my Zen2 Carto Tank. (Standard size tank 22mm) The Killer actually fits perfect in this device.
*Using the pre-made wick/coil(s) 2.0 ohms LR.

This seems to work the best, with no leaking.
I open the juice control to the halfway open position to fill the tank. (this allows airflow and prevents premature vapor lock)
*The very top of the Killer is tall enough to fit inside the actual top cap, which allows me to adjust the juice control with a turn of the top cap.

Once the tank is full (about 1/8' from the top), I turn the juice control to the simi closed position.
- I place the top cap with the o-rings sitting right on top of the tank to prevent leaking.
- I turn the device upside down and push the top cap in to force the juice up the Killer tube.
- With the device right side up, I then place 3-4 drops of juice in the top cap opening, and let the device sit for about 5 mins.
- I then place the drip tip on the device, to trap the air and vapor lock the device.
- I take a few pulls (while pressing the power button) to get the juice circulating.

If I stop vaping for a while and let the device settle, I will have restart the juice to circulating.
If that happens, I can do one of two things.
*(do not take the top cap off for this)
- 1. I take the drip tip off and blow down the the top cap hole (to release the vapor lock), and turn the device upside down, then right side up. (this forces the juice up the Killer tube)
I then put the drip tip back on and take a couple of pulls. This can also be done without taking the drip tip off ( if the device has not fully settled)
or

- 2. I twist the top cap to open the juice control just a little bit, and take a few pulls. Once I hear a gurgle, I then twist the top cap to put the juice control back in the simi closed position.
and vape on.

h2o-front-albums-current-picture247683-zenesis-2-carto-tank-18350-gunmetal-tube-custom-carbon-fiber-drip-tip-using-killer-705.jpg

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
^^^ Thank you ..... that just convinced me to give a go .... :)

Awesome! between you and I .... If I had to choose between the K-705 and the Diver in the Z2 CT, The Atmistique Diver (unflanged) works way better in the device and is more structurally secure. :)

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
H2o thanks for the detailed description. I've been using the killer in my Z2 Carto Tanks but have had flooding issues..I'll give your way a shot..

No problem. With the Zen2 CT (with supplied CT tank), we can't run the K-705 in the open position...it will flood every time. The Almost closed position is the way to go. (just like the picture) above

However....the K-705 works really well on the Zen2 CT w/510 connection, and iBtanked tank 22mm.

53g6.jpg

Last edited:

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Awesome! between you and I .... If I had to choose between the K-705 and the Diver in the Z2 CT, The Atmistique Diver (unflanged) works way better in the device and is more structurally secure. :)

Does it come (unflanged) or is that a user mod ??

I really like the Z2 Carto tank on a sidewinder but the weak point for me is still the carto itself.
If I could get around that it would be perfect :D

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
Does it come (unflanged) or is that a user mod ??

I really like the Z2 Carto tank on a sidewinder but the weak point for me is still the carto itself.
If I could get around that it would be perfect :D

No, you would have to request an unflanged "Diver" in the note section of your order. The "Diver" may be your best bet. A carto is very easy to use actually.
Look for this video on youtube -> "Filling the new Zen2 Carto Hybrid and Carto Tank"
Just follow his directions and you are good to go.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
No, you would have to request an unflanged "Diver" in the note section of your order. The "Diver" may be your best bet. A carto is very easy to use actually.
Look for this video on youtube -> "Filling the new Zen2 Carto Hybrid and Carto Tank"
Just follow his directions and you are good to go.

Thanks, yes I've been enjoying the cartomizers in them .... first time in over a year.
I just like to be a little more self sufficient .... love the idea of a rebuild-able in that awesome carto tank.

But I might just stock up on XL laser cut cartos and call it good. Its not like I don't have a dozen other rebuild-able ways to vape :D

Thanks again for the advice.

ZooLi0

Verified Member
May 12, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA

Whoa, you guys just blew my mind here. I love my Z2 Cinis but I absolutely hate how it leaks in my pocket. I was thinking of trying out the CT, but I wasn't too excited about trading the taste of my Genesis atty for a plan old carto tank again. This opens up a whole new world of ideas. Question for you, are you guys using a kick with any of these set ups, or just the battery itself? Thanks in advance.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Whoa, you guys just blew my mind here. I love my Z2 Cinis but I absolutely hate how it leaks in my pocket. I was thinking of trying out the CT, but I wasn't too excited about trading the taste of my Genesis atty for a plan old carto tank again. This opens up a whole new world of ideas. Question for you, are you guys using a kick with any of these set ups, or just the battery itself? Thanks in advance.

First thing I would do is try the carto tank .... with a carto :)
I was more than skeptical about the "no carto taste" hype ..... I had given up cartos over a year ago.

Well its not just hype, the same box of cartos with one in the Zen tank and one in another tank was my tester when it arrived.
I used the same juice in both as well. I wouldn't say "no carto taste" (I don't think Mike/Zen ever said that either) but it tastes noticeably better ... for a carto. And I really like the draw along with the fit and finish of the tank.

I do have the Killer 705 in the tank right now ..... I'm still trying to dial it in but its not bad with my current set-up.
I think I can get it working consistently ... maybe?

But I all ready miss the ease of the cartomizer. So I'm stalking for a second ZCT :)

As far as a kick goes, all i have is a kick 2 and I've never been able to get it working in a zen tube mod.
The switch is just to flake and the kick keeps shutting down in the first second of firing. So no, no kick for me :(

ZooLi0

Verified Member
May 12, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Thanks for the reply and the suggestions. I just ordered a sidewinder and a link from steammonkey, but you've definitely renewed my interest in the carto tank. Now if only Zen would get some more stock over to the guys at electronicstix.

Kinda sad to hear you opinion on the switch, you're not the first I've heard that from around here. I guess ignorance is bliss... it's always seemed to work well for me. Glad to hear that you don't think a kick is needed though.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Finally got all my stuff together for a family shoot.

(3) Zen Sidewinders
(1) Zen Z2 18490 Tube Mod
(2) Zen SW Genesis Atomizers
(3) Zen Carto Tanks
(2) Kayfun Lites in Z2 Mode :)
(4) Extra Zen Genesis SW caps - I have every color now (Just need a blue and black SW)
(2) Extra Zen Buttons (Replaced by the brass and gunmetal ones)

Sorry had to trow in a full family with non zen stuff included ---- May give some insight why I like sidewinders so much :D

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
Woo! Finally joined the zen family in full today! Been vaping with a z2 dx 490 with an rsst for about a month now and decided to upgrade to the z2 genny to complete my nicstik. Rocking some koko bear with a 1.2 ohm micro coil and a cotton/mesh hybrid wick. All the ease of auto dripping with no need to tilt! \o/
3aquzeny.jpg
3u5ase5y.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread