Let's talk about the Vmod! Calling all Vmodders and those interested in the Vmod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I've had my XL Vmod now for around 10 days...and it's sure been an adventure! I thought I'd post a few things I've figured out so far and invite others to chime in with any thoughts, tips, problems, or whatever. Hoping we can get some sort of discussion going here about what is becoming one of my favorite APVs.

To start here are a few of my observations so far:
-The word "squonk" might be a little bit much for the Vmod. It takes a VERY light touch. It's more like a "Squeenk". Mashing down on the bottle is likely to result in flooding/spitting/clogging. Not good. Be gentle.

-I don't really do the feed quite like Vapage suggests in their booklet. Well, I do sometimes..especially with a new cartomizer. But mostly all I do is tip the Vmod nose down a little and give a little "squeenk" and that does the trick. Once the atomizer or cartomizer is primed and a little "broke in", that is.

-Which brings me to this: I STILL prefer cartomizers. The Silo works well, but to be honest, I'm finding the "super shorty" type cartos found on a few other sites work as well, if not better. I like 2ohm best, but have some 2.5ohm too. One thing I've noticed that the Vmod hits surprisingly hard. I have other mechanicals..but this little guy packs a whallop I didn't expect. Now I'm getting used to it...it's spoiling me for other APVs...even VV!

I've got more...but want to hear from others!

Next?

Edit by classwife for OP :

"Here is some information on the Vmod that might be of interest". "Vmod User's Guide"

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/fourthrok/

Last edited by a moderator:

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
So glad you started this thread! That's interesting what you wrote about squonking because its the opposite for me. I squonk the heck out of mine. I turn it upside down and push the bottle until I hear a squishing sound. I should win some kind of squonkers award seeing as I'm always doing it. Lol!

What kind of cartomizers are you using? I'd be interested in trying something different. All I have ever used is the silo carts which I have had great success with, in fact I have been using the same one for 6 weeks. Too me that is amazing seeing as a LR Boge or Smoktech carts only lasted me a week, if I was lucky.

On the other hand I've had no success with the hybrid atty that came with the kit. A few weeks ago at a meet some one helped me to get it going. I loved it when it performs properly, and the flavor is so much better than the cart. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I get a few good hits and then burnt tasting. That bad burnt taste annoys the heck out of me so I gave up on those. Perhaps I'll do some more reading and give it another try.

I can honestly tell you had it not of been for the Vmod I would have returned to smoking. I was fed up with all the problems of tanks and carts. I just love this mod because its hassle free, easy to use, taste good and most importantly to me--it never leaks.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Hi Tippy and Stormy! Tips...the Vmod is a "bottom feeder". That means that the liquid is kept in a bottle inside the mod and you fill the atomizer/cartomizer by squeezing the bottle to get juice to the coil.
VPK-007-008-1.jpg

It's mechcanical...which means there are no electronics in it, and not computer chips or anything. It's powered by a battery (for the Vmod 2 a 14500 and for the XL a 18650 size) which can be removed and replaced and recharged as needed. It's really nice. There are other "bottom feeders" out there...but most cost a great deal more money. VMOD 2.0 and VMOD XL You can use either a cartomizer on it, or an atomizer...510 threaded. There...see? That was easy! lol! (and not a bit silly!)

Stormy..I listen for a squishing/glug noise too...but I get it with just a very light touch. Do you bathe your Vmod? I heard you need to wash it regularly. It likes baths. I'll attest to that...mine was acting up bad yesterday until I bathed it (I'd been using it a week without washing it...heavy and constantly!) After it was clean, worked like a charm again.

Last edited:

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
So glad you started this thread! That's interesting what you wrote about squonking because its the opposite for me. I squonk the heck out of mine. I turn it upside down and push the bottle until I hear a squishing sound. I should win some kind of squonkers award seeing as I'm always doing it. Lol!

I am "squonking" all the time too...but with a light touch! lol! And I listen for that squish sound, too. If I squeeze hard...it's a MESS!

What kind of cartomizers are you using? I'd be interested in trying something different. All I have ever used is the silo carts which I have had great success with, in fact I have been using the same one for 6 weeks. Too me that is amazing seeing as a LR Boge or Smoktech carts only lasted me a week, if I was lucky.

My Silos seem to be holding up very well...but so are the super shorties. Can't say for sure how long they'll last. I run 10 to 12 ml. A DAY through my cartos...so they aren't going to last very long no matter what brand they are. So far my best lasting super shorty went for three days ...or about 34ml. of juice. Not bad. But since I've not even had my Vmod for 2 weeks yet...I'm still working things out and testing. Here's one place I get my super shortys here http://www.madvapes.com/super-shorty-20-ohm-510-chrome-cartomizer.html They are also at Discount Vapers.

On the other hand I've had no success with the hybrid atty that came with the kit. A few weeks ago at a meet some one helped me to get it going. I loved it when it performs properly, and the flavor is so much better than the cart. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I get a few good hits and then burnt tasting. That bad burnt taste annoys the heck out of me so I gave up on those. Perhaps I'll do some more reading and give it another try..

I haven't had any real luck either. I get get it going...and it vapes good for a little bit. Then I have to start fiddling and that annoys me. I ordered a couple more anyway during last week's 20% sale. Figured it'd be good to have around. And I'll keep trying to teach myself to work them right. But the cartos are SO much easier. I just want to vape...not fiddle an fuss and count puffs and make a big ceremony out of the whole thing! lol!

Last edited:

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
Stormy I have a Zmax, which I believe is similar to a Provari in that it has all the same functions. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. In comparison to the Zmax and Vmod there really isn't any because the Zmax is VV and the Vmod does not have that option. I love my Zmax and performance is awesome when I get it performing properly. I have a lot of trouble with tanks & carts ( leaking ) where as I never have any with the Vmod. Its a solid performer providing a great hit each and every time.

fourthrok no I have not given my Vmods a bath but I will be doing so soon. I heard you can put the inner part in the dishwasher? I read somewhere someone put the casing in the DW and it took the powder coating off the shell. Have you put yours in the DW?

On a sad note I dropped one of the Vmod's last week and now the casing wiggles around, Uuuuuggggggg. I'm lucky it's still working though.

Last edited:

figment_oyi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Tx
I have had my 2.0 for about 1 month and love it.. Unfortunately it is at the DR. right now, my fire button came off and they are replacing it as it is still under warranty. I agree as far as the hybrid atty goes I have not had much luck and get the burnt taste with it. Love the term "Squeenk" so true. I well definitely be giving the shorty cartos. a try. I want the smiley cover and the flower one but they are out of stock and I don't think they are planning on getting any more :( But that is ok will not change the way it vapes.. I get the best flavor from the VMod and I have a Vamo, Anyvape, and some twists and spinners. Crazy how the pv with less frills does the best job isn't it !!

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
I have had my 2.0 for about 1 month and love it.. Unfortunately it is at the DR. right now, my fire button came off and they are replacing it as it is still under warranty. I agree as far as the hybrid atty goes I have not had much luck and get the burnt taste with it. Love the term "Squeenk" so true. I well definitely be giving the shorty cartos. a try. I want the smiley cover and the flower one but they are out of stock and I don't think they are planning on getting any more :( But that is ok will not change the way it vapes.. I get the best flavor from the VMod and I have a Vamo, Anyvape, and some twists and spinners. Crazy how the pv with less frills does the best job isn't it !!

Perhaps someone who is knowledgeable in using these Vmod atties will chime in and give us step by step instructions. I can tell you the short time I did have the atty working the vape was unbeatable and the flavor was 20 times more intense than the silo cart.

I did get one of those purple covers and stuck a purple drip tip with blue flames on it and its beautiful. I see where Vapage has wood shells now and I want one of those too. Hope you get your Vmod back quickly as I know you must be missing it.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I have a couple of VV type devices...but no Provari. I just never really felt the "urge" to get a Provari when I could have. Not sure why..but I suspect it's the "rebellious spirit" in me. Everyone kept pushing me to get one, so naturally that put it out of the running! lol! Now I am not so fond of "tube mods"...and prefer a box mod form factor, so may never get one, now. Although one never really knows, right? Of the variable voltage models I have and use, I have 2 VV Grippers and 4 Ovale V8s. (I have a Tmax on pre-order, but have been waiting over a month and am wondering if it'll ever come in.) I have a friend who has a couple of Provari's and he tells me that the VV Gripper is the only other VV device he's had that is comparible in performance to the Provari.

I thought I was spoiled with the variable voltage stuff I had (I also have a couple of nice mechanicals like the LavaFire, Telescope, Bolt and Squire and I have the eGo T Mod set up too). But the Vmod is blowing me away. Using the same ohm I was using on the LF, Bolt, telescope, etc. and same juice...the hit is WAY stronger on the Vmod. And cleaner. I have no idea why (I was using carto tanks on the other equipment, so maybe that's part of it?) I'm really a bit shocked. And seriously...the hit and flavor with the Vmod is such that I'm becoming spoiled and finding the vape on my VV stuff wanting...no matter what voltage I'm using on them!

As for washing the Vmod I would NOT put it in the dishwasher!! :p Why would a person do that? All it needs (the chassis only) is to be rinsed/swished real good in very warm/kinda hot water! Not boiling, of course. Just hand dish-wash hot. No soap. After it's rinsed real good, wipe it down and let it dry on a paper towel a bit...or hurry it up with a hair dryer set on a lower setting. That's what I did.

TBH...I did get the atomizer that came with the kit to work for a few hits before it flooded. And really...the flavor was about the same as the flavor I get with the super shorty cartomizers I got. I am not kidding! I do taste a bit difference with the Silos. Not enough to bother me though. I'll keep trying with the atties...and hope someone will give some tips that make SENSE so we can figure it out!

Last edited:

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I want the smiley cover and the flower one but they are out of stock and I don't think they are planning on getting any more :( But that is ok will not change the way it vapes.. I get the best flavor from the VMod and I have a Vamo, Anyvape, and some twists and spinners. Crazy how the pv with less frills does the best job isn't it !!

I got the "Burel wood" cover for mine. And the gunmetal silver (with the kit). I could get the flower one for the XL...but didn't. Yet. I'm thinking about getting a metallic green one, however...next sale. You don't think they'll bring back the patterned ones? I thought maybe there was just a delay due to the Chinese New Year (yes, I know Vmod was designed in America, but I'm pretty sure most of their parts are made in China). I HOPE they get the full compliment of patterns in!! Maybe even some new ones!

I totally agree with your last comment!!!

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
I got the "Burel wood" cover for mine. And the gunmetal silver (with the kit). I could get the flower one for the XL...but didn't. Yet. I'm thinking about getting a metallic green one, however...next sale. You don't think they'll bring back the patterned ones? I thought maybe there was just a delay due to the Chinese New Year (yes, I know Vmod was designed in America, but I'm pretty sure most of their parts are made in China). I HOPE they get the full compliment of patterns in!! Maybe even some new ones!

I totally agree with your last comment!!!

I am assuming the Burel wood cover is plastic, right? I plan on getting one on their next sale along with an XL Vmod. I love the 2.0's but the battery life is not so great. I'm thinking the larger battery would work better for me.

Yeah I'm like you with various mods but keep going back to the Vmods. The only reason I use the other ones at all is I like to have a lot of different juices, but my favorite ones are in the Vmods.

My original plan was to buy a Vmod to try a BF before investing a lot of money in a Reo. I'm so happy with the results that I don't much think of getting a Reo anymore, although I just might get one someday. I think its the wooden case of the Reos I'm so attracted too so when I get the Vmod wood casing my desire for a Reo may completely vanish.

Stormy1960

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Hi Tippy and Stormy! Tips...the Vmod is a "bottom feeder". That means that the liquid is kept in a bottle inside the mod and you fill the atomizer/cartomizer by squeezing the bottle to get juice to the coil.
VPK-007-008-1.jpg

It's mechcanical...which means there are no electronics in it, and not computer chips or anything. It's powered by a battery (for the Vmod 2 a 14500 and for the XL a 18650 size) which can be removed and replaced and recharged as needed. It's really nice. There are other "bottom feeders" out there...but most cost a great deal more money. VMOD 2.0 and VMOD XL You can use either a cartomizer on it, or an atomizer...510 threaded. There...see? That was easy! lol! (and not a bit silly!)

Stormy..I listen for a squishing/glug noise too...but I get it with just a very light touch. Do you bathe your Vmod? I heard you need to wash it regularly. It likes baths. I'll attest to that...mine was acting up bad yesterday until I bathed it (I'd been using it a week without washing it...heavy and constantly!) After it was clean, worked like a charm again.

That is cool looking, and I'm looking for another set-up!

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I am assuming the Burel wood cover is plastic, right? I plan on getting one on their next sale along with an XL Vmod. I love the 2.0's but the battery life is not so great. I'm thinking the larger battery would work better for me.

Yeah I'm like you with various mods but keep going back to the Vmods. The only reason I use the other ones at all is I like to have a lot of different juices, but my favorite ones are in the Vmods.

My original plan was to buy a Vmod to try a BF before investing a lot of money in a Reo. I'm so happy with the results that I don't much think of getting a Reo anymore, although I just might get one someday. I think its the wooden case of the Reos I'm so attracted too so when I get the Vmod wood casing my desire for a Reo may completely vanish.

The Burel case is metal with a rubberized type coating on it...kind of like an eGo has. It seems pretty darn durable. I've knocked mine over and banged it into a few things and so far...no dings. Yet. It looks really cool. Like you...I was attracted to the idea of a wood PV. This will work for me...at least for awhile! I like being able to change my Vmod's jacket to suit my moods...which are ever changing.

I have thought a lot about the REO, and may get one...one day. What I don't like about them is that they have
square edges. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be as comfortable as the rounded ones on the Vmod. I have a Madvapes box mod, and really do notice those edges holding it. When I got the VV Gripper and Ovale V8 it was so pkeasant to have the rounded shape...yet still be a box mod form. I also wonder about the weight and size.

I knew right off I wanted the 18650 size Vmod with the bigger bottle! And I love it. :)

Last edited:

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
That is cool looking, and I'm looking for another set-up!

Stormy you WILL NOT regret it if you decide to get a Vmod. If I remember correctly its for your daughter? If so this would be a great mod for a beginner because it's so easy to use. No fussing around and it just works all the time with no leakage.

The kit is $99 but they do have sales often where you can pick it up for $50. I will post a link to Vapage e-cig and you can sign up for their newsletter and they will send you e-mails when they have sales.

The basic kits come in black or silver but they sell different color casings so you can change the black to pink, purple, blue ( matches the color of our bike exactly) and many other colors, patterns and even some wood like casings.

Vapage Premium VMOD System

Here's a link to all the different color casings for the Vmod 2.0 version.

http://www.vapage.com/VMOD_Aluminum_Case_Cone_Replacement_Solid_Color_p/vpa-029.htm#

Last edited:

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
fourthrok a few weeks ago I went to a meet and had the chance to try out a VV Gripper and I really like it and the price is reasonable too. I was thinking of getting one the last week of April. However, I saw the Billet Box on Stormy's thread and have fallen in love with it. I'm going to do some more research on it , mostly to find out if the tank has any leaking issues, if not its a done deal. I think, lol.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I know I sure am tempted by the Billet Box! Been eyeing it the past few months. The price pulls me up a bit short, though. And, as mentioned, I'm wondering about that tank and if it leaks...how much the tank costs.. and how hard to get replacements...etc. It's mighty sweet looking!

Meanwhile...for my money...the Vmod XL is hard to beat! 9 ml of juice on board with a 2000 mAh 18650 battery is hard to beat! Could last days before needing a refill or new battery for an average vaper. And for extreme chain vapers like me, it's still an all day vape!

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
My Silos seem to be holding up very well...but so are the super shorties. Can't say for sure how long they'll last. I run 10 to 12 ml. A DAY through my cartos...so they aren't going to last very long no matter what brand they are. So far my best lasting super shorty went for three days ...or about 34ml. of juice. Not bad. But since I've not even had my Vmod for 2 weeks yet...I'm still working things out and testing. Here's one place I get my super shortys here Super Shorty 2.0 Ohm 510 Chrome Cartomizer They are also at Discount Vapers.

Now that is what I call chain vaping!!! If I vape 3ml a day, I feel I'm over-vaping... That thing must never leave your hand!!! As to the Hybrid atty's, I gave up a long time ago using them on my XL. I still use them as a dripping atty on the eGo-T mod I have. I am strictly a Cisco spec 306 guy now full time on the XL. I just like the simplicity and consistency of that atty and how it performs on the XL. I know that if I ever get a dry hit on one it was user error and not device error! I get on the average of 4 months or so out of them as well. Never given the XL a bath. Don't think it has ever needed it to be honest. I think it is because Its never leaked. Once a week or so, I will blow out the chassis with air to get the dirt or pocket lint out of it. Thats it... I'm glad to hear you are settling in with yours. I know it was a rough go at the start, but as we all assured you, it will come to you and you would really enjoy it. I'll bet those other devices you have feel really lonely right now!!!

On a side note, have you ever read through the XL thread on the forum. There is a ton of info and tips on Vmods in general over there. Here is the link... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...0-bottom-feeding-mod-vapage-com-part-2-a.html

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
VMod is not bad. My only beef with it was the whole tip-to-feed system, so I ended up converting mine to feed vertically. That way you can blind quonk -- makes much easier to not flood cartos/atties. There's a guide here on how to do it

I would be interested in reading up on that. Is there a certain thread about it.
Been looking at these for a back up to the billet box I will be hopefully getting this go around. I have never had a bottom feeder so it would be a learning curve as well as cartos....:). Heck it is all a learning curve at this point....LOL
Although I think I will wait for their half off sales. Wonder how often they have them?
wow my budget is spent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread