Let's talk about the Vmod! Calling all Vmodders and those interested in the Vmod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Seriously?
    Don't tell me you joined the REO crowd.

I thought I was going in that direction but they require coil building / wicking and I know it's "easy" but I can't get past the idea that wrapping wire and threading cotton is on par with cleaning toliets when it comes to my idea of "fun". Then I listen to some of the fusses about leaks and such. They just don't seem pocket or purse friendly.

What did you move onto or did you just deciede the bf wasn't for you?
    Goodness no!! Can't afford a REO nor do I like that little tiny hole you have to squeeze :?: And I'm too lazy to do any coiling & such even tho' I can :lol:

Actually I've become attached to my little tiny iSticks, mostly use the little itty bitty 10watt :laugh: Even my Provari's have been abandon :facepalm: Don't even keep a battery in them anymore :oops:

I do keep my one VMOD.2 loaded at all times with a dependable juice I like in it at the kitchen counter ;)

Just don't ask me how many rooms in the house have their own PV :lol:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    Goodness no!! Can't afford a REO nor do I like that little tiny hole you have to squeeze :?: And I'm too lazy to do any coiling & such even tho' I can :lol:

Actually I've become attached to my little tiny iSticks, mostly use the little itty bitty 10watt :laugh: Even my Provari's have been abandon :facepalm: Don't even keep a battery in them anymore :oops:

I do keep my one VMOD.2 loaded at all times with a dependable juice I like in it at the kitchen counter ;)

Just don't ask me how many rooms in the house have their own PV :lol:

That's actually a smart idea about keeping a pv in a room vs. hauling one around. I bet there's a lot less droppings. You like the mini? Hmmm...Haven't thought about it since I assumed at 1100mah the battery life would be too short. I bet those GS mini's look cute on them too.

Reactions: daleron

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    That's actually a smart idea about keeping a pv in a room vs. hauling one around. I bet there's a lot less droppings. You like the mini? Hmmm...Haven't thought about it since I assumed at 1100mah the battery life would be too short. I bet those GS mini's look cute on them too.
    I love the mini! I can completely hide it in my hand ... well, almost :D I stay home a lot when I can and they charge up so fast it's not a problem for me :)
    I did finally get two GS16's and they make a really nice set-up. Someone sold me one and I ordered three from DV's but they sent two gs14's and one gs16 :facepalm:

Trying to see if DD's SO can cut those stinking skirts off for me :rolleyes: Heehee!

Skullman

~ Membered ~
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2013
    South Sound Lahar Zone

Hey Aikanae1: You are Correct! All the reasons you point out are indeed fact for someone just starting out and for Experienced Vapors to Still be Fans! I'm still not into the higher watts even though I have devices that can. The Bridgeless weren't may bag of tea either. I have not personally owned the 357's but have tried them on a Vmod for an Extended Time and Honestly I Prefer the Hybrids from Vapage! But hey everyone is different with things. What model Vmod's do you own? I'm consistent with Vmod searches I can add what ever you are looking for to my search list like the Happy Chick and any other names or titles you have? If you do decide to try the 357's make sure you have the Hybrids so you can compare!

Skully {:{}

I agree. I've helped 6 people to discover ecigs and I'd like each one to try a Vmod. Very few people I know personaly are into higher wattages and clouds. They want to satisfy cravings as simply and easily as possible. I've never had a leak, batteries last since it's mech, full flavor of dripping and carry a tank. One thing I also like is the refillable bottles makes changing flavors easy. Oh yea, and they are SIMPLE (and cute). No brainer, no ohm's law, no nothing. Ready to use.

I did pick up a bunch of 510 bridgeless atomizers and meh, they work but require tipping constantly. I went with Silo's next and that's better (once I got past the cotton filler taste at the beginning), but I think I like the hybrids best and my next splurges are going to be for those - maybe try the .357's? Anyone got suggestions.

Please let me know if anyone spots the older shells - esp the "happy chick" one.

Reactions: aikanae1

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    v 20150324_103653_resized.jpg

I'm sure I've posted these before. Those also happen to be my fav colors. Vapage used to sell a variety of shells. The only other ones I've seen were the Happy Chick and there's a Flower Power (direct from the 60's) - oh and a Crackle. I think if you do a search there are pics (if the new form kept the old pics).

My only complaint is the cheapie black plastic fire button. The first one I got snapped off in a week - Vapage replaced it right away. The XL tends to have problems firing the battery if it's not pressed dead center on the battery and I've tried several batteries. I worry about breaking that fire button. I use both of them everyday.

Sort of an odd thing. I went into Vapage to see if I could sort out the mailing list and it wouldn't take my 2 email addresses because they already existed - well, I started getting the mailings again. Vapage is so quirky.

Skullman

~ Membered ~
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2013
    South Sound Lahar Zone

~ I Like the Mini too Dale! I only got one but wish I got a couple more! They are great around the house especially in the kitchen! I seem to knock my mods over a lot! The taller the worst! so Mini has been has been safe in the kitchen! I've broken a number of tanks because of it! I broke the very first 16S I got 3 days after opening it! They just charge too much for me to justify purchasing retail so been watching for sales and those other things we like so much! And you are right they charge pretty fast! I purchase a Y plug for my little Tablet so I can charge it while on the Tablet. {:{}

I love the mini! I can completely hide it in my hand ... well, almost :D I stay home a lot when I can and they charge up so fast it's not a problem for me :)
    I did finally get two GS16's and they make a really nice set-up. Someone sold me one and I ordered three from DV's but they sent two gs14's and one gs16 :facepalm:

Trying to see if DD's SO can cut those stinking skirts off for me :rolleyes: Heehee!

Skullman

~ Membered ~
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2013
    South Sound Lahar Zone

~ Yes I Remember Yours Cause of the Green 2.0 and the Drip Tips! I've seen the Pics online I believe I saved them on my laptop. I'm not a fan of the Plastic internals or the Plastic Switch but as long as you don't man handle them or knock em over or drop them.... I think they could all be switched out to aluminum for strength and not much more weight! Yes, they can be quirky! I know first hand!

Oh Yeah, if you ever want to give up the Green let me know!

{:{}

View attachment 455423

I'm sure I've posted these before. Those also happen to be my fav colors. Vapage used to sell a variety of shells. The only other ones I've seen were the Happy Chick and there's a Flower Power (direct from the 60's) - oh and a Crackle. I think if you do a search there are pics (if the new form kept the old pics).

My only complaint is the cheapie black plastic fire button. The first one I got snapped off in a week - Vapage replaced it right away. The XL tends to have problems firing the battery if it's not pressed dead center on the battery and I've tried several batteries. I worry about breaking that fire button. I use both of them everyday.

Sort of an odd thing. I went into Vapage to see if I could sort out the mailing list and it wouldn't take my 2 email addresses because they already existed - well, I started getting the mailings again. Vapage is so quirky.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    ~ I Like the Mini too Dale! I only got one but wish I got a couple more! They are great around the house especially in the kitchen! I seem to knock my mods over a lot! The taller the worst! so Mini has been has been safe in the kitchen! I've broken a number of tanks because of it! I broke the very first 16S I got 3 days after opening it! They just charge too much for me to justify purchasing retail so been watching for sales and those other things we like so much! And you are right they charge pretty fast! I purchase a Y plug for my little Tablet so I can charge it while on the Tablet. {:{}
    Good luck finding some more of those gs16's :?: I'm not having much luck, not with the 510 connection anyway. :(

I forgot how many mini's I have, think it's six :unsure: Two are stashed away for the future tho', the other four is one each of blue, pink, silver, and black :)

tearose50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Tennessee :-)
    Here's a pic of the original vmod "shells". They fit the vmod 2.0 but there is no matching cone. For a bit of trivia, this was before the "mod wrap" was invented and they were quite popular with the guys and gals.

You might like the skulls one skullman. :)

2.0shells_zpsgj2xabrd.jpg

And here's the ones for the XL that have designs/patterns. All of these will have matching cones. As you know, most of these aren't being made anymore.

XLShells_zps9cbrnd9r.jpg

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    Thx. I also tend to forget that Jwraps carries Vmod size wraps too.

Here's a pic of the original vmod "shells". They fit the vmod 2.0 but there is no matching cone. For a bit of trivia, this was before the "mod wrap" was invented and they were quite popular with the guys and gals.

And here's the ones for the XL that have designs/patterns. All of these will have matching cones. As you know, most of these aren't being made anymore.

XLShells_zps9cbrnd9r.jpg

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2013
    New York
    Seriously?
    Don't tell me you joined the REO crowd.

I thought I was going in that direction but they require coil building / wicking and I know it's "easy" but I can't get past the idea that wrapping wire and threading cotton is on par with cleaning toliets when it comes to my idea of "fun". Then I listen to some of the fusses about leaks and such. They just don't seem pocket or purse friendly.

What did you move onto or did you just deciede the bf wasn't for you?

Not attacking the vmod, just correcting. You can use any 510 atomizer you like with a REO. Just don't get a LowProfile (LP) if you intend on not rebuilding.

Any excess juice in the catch cup after squeezing is drawn into the atomizer when you take a puff.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    Not attacking the vmod, just correcting. You can use any 510 atomizer you like with a REO. Just don't get a LowProfile (LP) if you intend on not rebuilding.

Any excess juice in the catch cup after squeezing is drawn into the atomizer when you take a puff.

Thanks I didn't realize that about the REO since I'm usually operating from my purse, leaks are a big deal to me. But that's nice to know.

Skullman

~ Membered ~
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2013
    South Sound Lahar Zone

~ Wow! Check out those Shells! Yeah TeaRose I would have to get one of those Skull Covers Just Because! I had No Idea they had these! I must have come after they were pulled?

XLShells_zps9cbrnd9r.jpg

Reactions: tearose50

Skullman

~ Membered ~
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2013
    South Sound Lahar Zone

~ Just to let you know; You can convert the Vmod to work just like the REO in Pumping Action and Return to Bottle! Many are doing this with RDA's but can also be done Using the Hybrid Atties from Vapage. I had planned to do this with the Vapage Atties but in the Move I have miss-placed some of my vaping supplies mainly Tubing and the 510 to 510 Shorty Open Extension for the Conversion. No Tipping to Feed and Over-Fed will Drain Back to Bottle. Yes, some tools are needed as well as supplies but it can be done and works just fine!

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2013
    New York

~ Just to let you know; You can convert the Vmod to work just like the REO in Pumping Action and Return to Bottle! Many are doing this with RDA's but can also be done Using the Hybrid Atties from Vapage. I had planned to do this with the Vapage Atties but in the Move I have miss-placed some of my vaping supplies mainly Tubing and the 510 to 510 Shorty Open Extension for the Conversion. No Tipping to Feed and Over-Fed will Drain Back to Bottle. Yes, some tools are needed as well as supplies but it can be done and works just fine!

Yeah,I heard about that somewhere......[emoji57]
    Vapage Vmod XL Rba Squid Rda Bottom Feed Mod | E-Cigarette Forum

The tube mod isn't something I'd do unless you use an rda because liquid remains in the chamber and gurgles/inhibits airflow when done with an atomizer.

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Tennessee :-)
    Reactions: daleron

Skullman

~ Membered ~
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2013
    South Sound Lahar Zone

~ Hey Eddie: Are you talking about like with a Tank Atomizer? I've done it with RDA's and with the Vapage Hybrid Atomizer with no problems. Now I've never tried any other manufactures Hybrid in this conversion so I have no experience there but I'm curious to what you are speaking with? I've never tried it with a tank, kind of defeats the purpose. Plus there are two ways of doing it that I know of; Tube Only and Tube with Syringe. There is also Tube with Syringe for Pick up and Syringe in Cap. With the Latter giving some leeway in adjustment. Depending on style going with, there are the Open 510 to 510 Short & Shorty Connectors to build it!

Please enlighten me!
    Thanks Skully {:{}

Yeah,I heard about that somewhere......[emoji57]
    Vapage Vmod XL Rba Squid Rda Bottom Feed Mod | E-Cigarette Forum

The tube mod isn't something I'd do unless you use an rda because liquid remains in the chamber and gurgles/inhibits airflow when done with an atomizer.

Reactions: EddieAdams
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread