Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPicC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
Lone Star State
IA, that looks to be about the same size as a Reo. Is that correct?

uploadfromtaptalk1397968523484.jpg
Smaller but fatter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx

Size looks great. But I'd have to have 2 of them because that battery would not last me all day. I think it said it's a 1200mah battery.

Plus, I saw that the DNA30 doesn't go below 4volts or 7 watts. Is that right? I vape my hcigar 3.1's below 4 volts all the time.

MrPicC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
Lone Star State
Never vaped it below 7watts so no idea on that. That's a mini so a standard would get you thru an entire day especially at say 8 watts. The green one in the photo lasts me days at 8.5. I should update my photos since I no longer even own the mini.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Recoiled the KFL just fun. Used .8 x 1mm ribbon came in at 1.6 ohms with a 5/6? wrap twisted. Let you know later how it goes after it gets broke in a little.

Well that didn't work out. Not sure where the problem was but couldn't get the vape the way I like it. May have been wrapped too big or not enough cotton. The coil kept popping bad. So for now I'll rewrap it with the .5 like I have been. Might revisit this at a later time.

Last edited:

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
Pappy I haven't given it a real workout yet this weekend...I've used it plenty at home but we've been out and about so much haven't vaped a lot. I'll have to report back once I've used it a few days. At some point I do plan to rebuild my KFL coils a little higher 2.2ohm or so to try that out..but have a minor injury (ripped finger nail down below cuticle) so won't be building coils for a few days.:laugh: I really do like the size/form factor and not having a bottom button to misfire when out and about.
Size looks great. But I'd have to have 2 of them because that battery would not last me all day. I think it said it's a 1200mah battery.

Plus, I saw that the DNA30 doesn't go below 4volts or 7 watts. Is that right? I vape my HCigar 3.1's below 4 volts all the time.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Pappy I haven't given it a real workout yet this weekend...I've used it plenty at home but we've been out and about so much haven't vaped a lot. I'll have to report back once I've used it a few days. At some point I do plan to rebuild my KFL coils a little higher 2.2ohm or so to try that out..but have a minor injury (ripped finger nail down below cuticle) so won't be building coils for a few days.:laugh: I really do like the size/form factor and not having a bottom button to misfire when out and about.

Ouch on the finger nail. I smashed my thumb several months ago, and just lost the thumb nail this weekend.
Double ouch! But the Hana (?) is looking nice IG.

My last couple 30g coils came up to 2.4 & 2.5 ohm from my usual 1.3 - 1.5 ohm range. Of course I had to bring up the wattage (voltage) a bit too, but they're doing nicely on the KFL and KFMini. The KFLP has the .5 ribbon coil @ 1.6 ohm - lots of yumminess from that one. Only drawback is that it's loaded with one of Clay's NETs (Balkan) which gunks up pretty quick - can hardly get through a tankful before I have to take it apart and pull the cotton. :2cool:

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Only drawback is that it's loaded with one of Clay's NETs (Balkan) which gunks up pretty quick - can hardly get through a tankful before I have to take it apart and pull the cotton. :2cool:

Now you know why I find it so frustrating to vape the "heavy hitters" on the KFL. They seem to be made for the dripping crowd.

Balkan and Apache, two of my favourite heavy hitters require wick changing in around 2 - 3ml of juice (less than a day). In contrast, I can go a whole week with something like Huntsman or Darkhorse.

As a result, those heavy hitters are no longer in my circulation. :(

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Now you know why I find it so frustrating to vape the "heavy hitters" on the KFL. They seem to be made for the dripping crowd.

Balkan and Apache, two of my favourite heavy hitters require wick changing in around 2 - 3ml of juice (less than a day). In contrast, I can go a whole week with something like Huntsman or Darkhorse.

As a result, those heavy hitters are no longer in my circulation. :(

I think I could go about 17 years with Heavenly Tobacco without changing wicks or dry burning the coil. ;) Ok, maybe only 13 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread