Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Maybe it's the size of my coils or the way I have it running across the deck, but I haven't seen any problems with the clockwise wrap. The ends line up almost perfectly to where they need to go under the screw.

i-q223Fmh-L.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
You can have them run counterclockwise just as easily. All depends how you shape your tails. It helps to keep your coil on the shaft you used to wrap it with while you tighten the tails. Helps to keep its shape. But like I say, there are worse things in life so go with what works for you. As far as life-importance goes, I would place tail direction pretty low on my list.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
So here's a KFL question. When you connect the coil which side of the screw do you put it on? One side pulls the other pushes. I put it on the pull side or the 9:00 side. Either way the coil gets distorted a little. I've made a washer of sorts to go under the screw on one side as a test. It seems to do the job. But I made it from brass and it was a pain. I'm going to get a strip of SS and try it. The thing I'm trying to do is keep the coil from moving when you tighten it.

I usually put the wire on the underside of the screwhead, seems to hold the wire better ;)
Pre-position the wire a bit less of the rotation of the screw, as you tighten it will follow the screwhead and fall into the correct orientation when tight.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread