My hardware, listed roughly in order from "love" to "tolerate"

Current Tubes:

GGTS #601
GGTS #4595
Silver Satin Provari v2
orion v2
Zenesis Standard Sold
iHybrid Standard
eVic (Broke at 28 days, shipping back to vendor)
Vamo Sold
SmokTech Telescope

RBAs

GG Penelope
GG UFS v2
Z-Atty-Pro
Z-Atty-G
Vaperfexion Reactor
Terminator-C
AGA-S
AGA-T+ (x2)
2x IGO-L dripper
Cobra (x2)

Carto tanks

Fluid Flask
AGR
2x Pro-V Cartomator
Phiniac with "Trick" etched into it
Blown Glass alien Head
Big glass thing of which I don't remember the origin

And there's other stuff on the way. I've got hardware issues.

Trick...how do you like that Penelope. Heard lots of chatter about those last year but not hearing much these days. Are they expensive?

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Trick...how do you like that Penelope. Heard lots of chatter about those last year but not hearing much these days. Are they expensive?

It's my favorite atty right now. Rebuilding them can be a challenge since you normally have to twist two different kinds of wire around a silicon wick, but I got some pre-made wires so until those run out it's a breeze to set up. Hits like a truck, too, and small enough that it doesn't look too ridiculous if the fiancee uses it on one of her eGos.

They seem to go for about $150 in the classifieds, so definitely a bit on the pricy side. I got mine in trade for a Z-Atty-Pro I'd paid $125 for.

One of the reasons you don't hear about them so much is probably because no new ones have been made for a while, and the only ones out there are the ones being sold (or traded) by people who got one when they were available.

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
OK - since I can't sleep and have a few minutes, I'll add my list. It's basically
beginning to now.

Nicotek minis - Still have one of two, and I use it now and then. Actually not too bad.
Smokeless Image 808s - Five auto minis and a Volt X2 650. These are great batts.
eGo Twist 900 mah
Vision Spinner 1100 mah
Vamo
China GG mech mod (brand new)
The Gripper mech mod (brander newer)

In my sites:

Mt. Vaporizor mech mod (one ea. 18650 and 18350)
SmokTech Natural mech mod
Another Vamo or two
possibly a SmokTech Groove VV/VW
some other type of VV/VW - maybe a Lava Tube type (on the other hand, the Groove might scratch that itch)

JDS:

Viva Novas - mini and maxi
Carto tanks - F16 and a Fatty
several MopHeads from HHV
M3s
several Nanos (these mostly suck)
T3 (use to like, now mostly sucks)
several kinds of cartomizers
atomizers: 510, 306 and Phoenix RBA

In my sites: Drunker tank, more RBAs, other types of rebuildable tanks and clearos, more carto tanks, less Nanos

Other stuff in my sites: resistance checker (one to screw in an atty), voltage checker (to screw on a batt), metric
thread die, label maker, light/magnifier/clamp for rebuilding, high mah recharger power pack for emergencies, a Kick,
Noalox thread cleaner, trays/holders/caddies for juices and mods, bass boat

That's all I need, and I'll be happy. And that lamp. But that's all. And those slippers. And that phone book. But that's
it. Then I'll be happy. And that ash tray.

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
That's all I need, and I'll be happy. And that lamp. But that's all. And those slippers. And that phone book. But that's it. Then I'll be happy. And that ash tray.

I think I just expanded my "favorite people" list by one slot. Don't worry, I won't ask about your special purpose.

icepoet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Houston, Texas, United States
Ok, let's see.

Ego batts 1000mah x 2
Ditto 900mah x 2
Black Chrome Vamo w/VaporSkinz wrap (sweet)
SS Vamo
YJ Lavatube black chrome w/ModSkinz white carbon fiber wrap

Full size Nova x 2
Mini Nova x 4
Cheapo DCT tank

The egos I never use anymore, some are dead.
DCT, meh.
Ba-deeba-dee-ba-dee, That's all folks!

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Um, let's see...

Manuals:
Odyssey by Totally Wicked
One stainless steel
One 22k gold plate (makes the juices taste..... wait for it....... makes the juices taste just like they always taste.)
I prefer single coil over dual coil cartos.

eGo-C:

Twists:
4 1000mAh

Standard:
One 650 mAh clone
Two mini 650 mAh from Vapor King

2 cig-like batteries 901? I don't know what model # is. 350 mAh

VV/VW:
One Bamboo/Vamo, black chrome (nice piece of gadgetry)
Configured with Samsung ICR18650

Delivery:
4 ViVi Nova 3.5ml (I prefer LR attys 1.8ohm - 2.4ohm)
2 ViVi Nova 2.5ml

9 Kanger T3 bottom coil 2.5ohm

A dozen Stainless Steel DCT cartomizers both dual and single LR coils
One 22k gold plate single coil cartomizer for the Gold plate Odyssey (never to be filled with juice)

On Order:
One 1300 mAh Vision Spinner

5 CE3 XL Clearomizers

Ray D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
PA
Debated what to get for my weekly order tonight. I'm flush with juice, so it was going to be a hardware week.

Should I get an AGA-T? A carto-tank? Which one? Maybe a different RBA?

Debated, searched, browsed, debated....

My weekly budget is about $60. Any more and my wife beats me with a shovel. I used up my budget savings (weeks I don't order, I pocket the money for future "expensive" items) recently. So my options were a bit limited. Debated some more. Filled up a cart. Deleted said cart. Shopped some more. Filled up another cart. Deleted that one too....

More second guessing...

Finally I just said "forget it." Pocketed the money. I don't need anything right now. Might as well build up some monetary reserves. That AMP tank has to come out sooner or later. ;) I want to be ready when it does.

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
Totally blown away with the piece of hardware arriving today:

8432045853_8b6881fece_c.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It's my favorite atty right now. Rebuilding them can be a challenge since you normally have to twist two different kinds of wire around a silicon wick, but I got some pre-made wires so until those run out it's a breeze to set up. Hits like a truck, too, and small enough that it doesn't look too ridiculous if the fiancee uses it on one of her eGos.

They seem to go for about $150 in the classifieds, so definitely a bit on the pricy side. I got mine in trade for a Z-Atty-Pro I'd paid $125 for.

One of the reasons you don't hear about them so much is probably because no new ones have been made for a while, and the only ones out there are the ones being sold (or traded) by people who got one when they were available.

Ah, no wonder there is less ink on them. I wonder if they will go back into production. Hear anything?

palmtreevans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Virginia
I've had 4 or 5 cigalikes (all have disappeared and I'm ok with that)
4 1000mah of which only 1 is left that I use to drip new flavors with a Joye LR atomizer
An L-Rider Epic Storm vv Tube Mod that is my go to (for now)

2 Mom and Pop mini sub tanks with Boge LR cartos

1 Vivi Nova RBA tank that I am in way over my head trying to figure out how to get it going good.

I really want a ProVari mini and a Smoktech Zmax

and waiting on a bottle of Boba's that should be here any day now and a dual coil carto to try out for the first time.

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Ah, no wonder there is less ink on them. I wonder if they will go back into production. Hear anything?

Well, I'm pretty sure there won't be any new ones for a few months, at least. GG stuff can be a little hard to predict, though. Stuff just sort of goes on pre-order when Imeo decides it's a good time to make them, and it sounds like the next two production runs are accounted for by a larger Odysseus-type RBA (Ithaka) and a small carto-sized atomizer (Achilles). No word on Penelope recently, that I know of.

All my GG stuff's come from the classifieds here, though I have an Ithaka on pre-order. They're not hard to get, but there is some risk involved. Can't say I've had any problems here, though.

div

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2010
So California
Lets see....I have in my arsenal....spinner, 650 ego twist, 1000 ego twist (it's freakin long!). those I use the most. I still have a few Riva 901's and one 1300 Igo left. Even my old kr808 are still around,as they come in handy when my daughter has parties over here, and well everyone wants to try my ecig...so I fill cartos, and hand them out. Gets them to light up less, ya think? :)
I've gone thru regular and xl cartos, tanks, stardusts and the look alikes, ce3 and 3ml phoenix's and finally settled on kanger cc t2.
New purchase...vamo incoming...just a matter of when. And need extra batteries and a charger now (I read the charger that comes with it is not so great).

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
I've been busy the last few days, so I'm making a few revisions (in red)

Still listed favorite to least favorite, with separate sections for stuff I don't have yet, or just haven't fired up yet.

Current Tubes

GGTS #601
GGTS #4595
Silver Satin Provari v2
Orion v2
Zenesis Standard Sold
GS Sub
iHybrid Standard Sold
eVic (Broke at 28 days, shipping back to vendor)
Vamo Sold
SmokTech Telescope Sold

Unrated Tubes:

EA Mod (en route)
GG Stealth #???? (en route)
GGTB #???? (en route)
Kamry TS x2 (en route)

RBAs

GG Penelope
GG UFS v2
Z-Atty-Pro
Z-Atty-G
eBaron Dripper Pro
Vaperfexion Reactor
Terminator-C
AGA-S
AGA-T+ (x2)
2x IGO-L dripper
Cobra (x2)

Unrated RBAs

GG Ithaka (on pre-order)

Carto Tanks

Fluid Flask
AGR
2x Pro-V Cartomator
Phiniac with "Trick" etched into it
Blown Glass Alien Head
Big glass thing of which I don't remember the origin

So, the changes (omitting stuff I don't actually have in my hands yet):

The GS Sub

The GS Sub is a Chinese-made variable voltage telescoping mod. Apparently only a very small number (I've been told 8) have been sold in the U.S. I didn't get it because of exclusivity, though... I got it because it was dirt cheap and came with a copper finish and a sort of retro/steampunk look that I thought was cool. So far it's working well, though it weighs about as much as an empty beer can. I don't expect it to live forever, but for under $50 I couldn't pass it up. And did I mention the display reads "Goodbye, My Master!" when I shut it off? Price of admission paid for, right there.

The iHybrid Standard

The iHybrid Standard was voted off the island yesterday when new GG's went on sale. It's a nice enough mechanical mod, but seems to be trying to be a cooler, hipper version of the Zenesis while, at the same time, being cheaper and much less well-made. The finish of the all-aluminum body was inconsistent; the top piece didn't match the bottom piece, and neither matched the sleeve that covered the tank. It had distracting machine marks all over it. I'd forgive stuff like that in a $100 mod, but when I pay $225 for a PV I expect top-notch workmanship, and my iHybrid Standard was found lacking. Off it goes.

The SmokTech Telescope

My feelings about this low-end mechanical mod are summed up in the thread where I sold it. I'm amazed I actually got an offer. Utter piece of crap.

eBaron Dripper Pro

I've found nothing to really give you the full flavor of a juice like dripping. It puts as little middleman between you and the juice as possible. That said, the eBaron Dripper (the Pro is a version designed to match the Provari) does use a small silica wick and a coil, so it's not as clean a vape as some coil-only dripping attys, but it does allow the eBaron to hold about 15 drops of juice on a dry wick, which means a bit more time between drops. It wouldn't be practical to use on the move with that kind of capacity, but it's been perfect for sampling the tobacco extracts I've been working on here at home (have I mentioned how good my Golden Cavendish is? I want to hug Scarf-Ace every time I vape it). The flavor of the eBaron is very good, the vapor's excellent, and it's rebuildable. I've been pretty impressed so far, even if I'd pre-ordered the thing so long ago that, when it arrived, it took me a few minutes to figure out what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread