Let's Talk Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Fantastic, retic!!! I was so worried about volts, that I was staying on that setting. I just cranked the watts to 10 and the flavor started shining so much more! The young guy at the store was the owner's son, and clearly ... ermmm ... *not sober* ... And he told me he runs his MVP 2 at 11 watts all the time. But his info was suspect given his state.

Wattage mode keeps you safe since the MVP does the calculating for you , try Legend at 12 watts and see how that suits you , that's my sweet spot for Legend , other juices I run at different settings .

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Good for you! I like to keep some of my $$ in the local economy, as long as they don't gouge me :) A reasonable markup is fine, they do have more overhead. And it offsets the postage. Not to mention taking care of not having to wait...

And we were ALL noobs at one point.

Thanks for the encouragement, David! The downside was that they sold out of the standards the day before. Since it was a 45 min drive and I was impatient to have it, I bought a Shine one. Way, way too girly for me, but nothing a skin can't fix. ;) Now I get to keep fiddling with the edges of the skin AND the tanks and settings. Yay!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Wattage mode keeps you safe since the MVP does the calculating for you , try Legend at 12 watts and see how that suits you , that's my sweet spot for Legend , other juices I run at different settings .

The max on it is 11 watts. But yummy! Especially in the Nautilus - huge difference from my top wicking tanks. (Halo Triton)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Fantastic, retic!!! I was so worried about volts, that I was staying on that setting. I just cranked the watts to 10 and the flavor started shining so much more! The young guy at the store was the owner's son, and clearly ... ermmm ... *not sober* ... And he told me he runs his MVP 2 at 11 watts all the time. But his info was suspect given his state.

I don't trust the counter monkeys at the BM's here either , the last time BK and I invaded a BM the counter monkey told us he sold his kayfun because he couldn't get it to work , yet he's paid to help customers when he couldn't help himself , best advice is to do your research here before you buy and know what you're buying before you walk in , the Army always here to assist you . :)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
LA on a dual coil setup it's half the resistance , in another words if your MVP says your resistance is 2.0 ohms there are two 4 ohm coils in your Nautilus , your best bet is to run in wattage or power mode instead of volts , in wattage mode your MVP checks resistance every time you fire and sets the voltage automatically , start at 7 watts and work up , the Aspires like to be pushed , 10 - 12 watts is where I ran mine , the heads lasted for months .

I'm thinking I better clarify this in case of someone misunderstanding the use of the ohm's law calculator , the resistance your device gives is your resistance period , despite there being two 4 ohm coils in a 2 ohm dual coil setup the actual resistance is still 2 ohm's , don't want someone with a VV device misunderstanding the above explanation .

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
LA, I just picked up an MVP 2 today at the local B&M. Charging it right now. This will be my first VW device.

if you have any questions about vari volt or vari watts and how to understand the difference Retic, Chak,Robin, and I are here to answer your questions... I know it can be quite confooozing .. all those numbers and settings and stuff. and you wont have to worry about explodin' batteries and making those pesky sub-ohm coils for your MVP2

:)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
if you have any questions about vari volt or vari watts and how to understand the difference Retic, Chak,Robin, and I are here to answer your questions... I know it can be quite confooozing .. all those numbers and settings and stuff. and you wont have to worry about explodin' batteries and making those pesky sub-ohm coils for your MVP2

:)

Are you cruisin for a bruisin from Pappy ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread