Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I got up 1am Monday, hooked and strapped in the rain and drove 484 miles, Delivering in Durham NC and Loading in Red Oak VA before returning to Pageland SC to unload and refuel. Tuesdays Load was ready so I hooked and strapped, then came home for a meal, shower and 5 hours sleep.
I got 1:20 (snooze button, twice) coffee and breakfast before driving 497 miles, Delivering in Roxboro NC and Loading in Red Oak VA before returning to Pageland SC to unload and refuel. Load for Wednesday not ready, will be waiting for me in the morning.
Going to try to get 6 hours sleep (hopefully) before getting up at Midnight, going to Yard to hook, strap, and drive 150 for 5am Delivery Appointment.

I guess I am to lazy to spend more time on the ECF. But my point to Lori was not that I am interested in a ZNA, but rather that she should seriously pull that thing apart and do a compete overhaul/ rebuild. And with that, my lazy .... is going to bed. Good Night, all you Ambitious Go-Getters.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I got up 1am Monday, hooked and strapped in the rain and drove 484 miles, Delivering in Durham NC and Loading in Red Oak VA before returning to Pageland SC to unload and refuel. Tuesdays Load was ready so I hooked and strapped, then came home for a meal, shower and 5 hours sleep.
I got 1:20 (snooze button, twice) coffee and breakfast before driving 497 miles, Delivering in Roxboro NC and Loading in Red Oak VA before returning to Pageland SC to unload and refuel. Load for Wednesday not ready, will be waiting for me in the morning.
Going to try to get 6 hours sleep (hopefully) before getting up at Midnight, going to Yard to hook, strap, and drive 150 for 5am Delivery Appointment.

I guess I am to lazy to spend more time on the ECF. But my point to Lori was not that I am interested in a ZNA, but rather that she should seriously pull that thing apart and do a compete overhaul/ rebuild. And with that, my lazy .... is going to bed. Good Night, all you Ambitious Go-Getters.

Dang Pops, you're hitting the Carolina circuit. Close to me too.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Things that caught my interest about the Goliath were,

1. the juice feed control: on the KFv4 you have to twist a full 2 1/2 times to close it. Not so with the Goliath - looks like not even half a turn and it's closed.
2. opening up the chamber so you can see/work on the build without emptying the tank.
3. improved air flow - not a real big deal for me as I rather like a tighter draw.
4. the price - $34.99 (saw another website had it for sale at $29.99) That's about what I paid for the KFv4 clone.

What didn't turn me on about it,

1. no top fill - while it's not filled from the bottom you still have to separate the tank from the atty to fill (sans emptying it).
2. dual coil - no option for single coil - not a deal breaker, but I'm not a big fan of dual coils.
3. slightly smaller tank capacity 3ml vs. KF 4ml - again not a deal breaker, just have to fill more often.
4. why a limited edition? Although, I can see UD wanting to get feedback on how it works in real world use, kind of like beta testing to get the bugs out before they mass produce.

TRS1988

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2009
www.heathersheavenlyvapes.com
"1. no top fill - while it's not filled from the bottom you still have to separate the tank from the atty to fill (sans emptying it).
2. dual coil - no option for single coil - not a deal breaker, but I'm not a big fan of dual coils."

I agree with that, too. Top fill would've been pretty easy to incorporate into this design. And when he showed us the deck, my excitement fizzled away a little. It just looks a lot like the Fogger deck, and I hated the deck on that tank. Granted, the Goliath look a lot more ample (post holes) but it brought back some bad memories. I wish they had done something similar to the Goblin in that regard.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I agree with this reviewer, it seems like this RTA is a game changer. It kinda blew my mind when he took the full tank off the base and nothing poured out. I guess it's time to open up the old vape budget!

with the price of things .... you are gonna have to open up 2 old vape budgets

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
"1. no top fill - while it's not filled from the bottom you still have to separate the tank from the atty to fill (sans emptying it).
2. dual coil - no option for single coil - not a deal breaker, but I'm not a big fan of dual coils."

I agree with that, too. Top fill would've been pretty easy to incorporate into this design. And when he showed us the deck, my excitement fizzled away a little. It just looks a lot like the Fogger deck, and I hated the deck on that tank. Granted, the Goliath look a lot more ample (post holes) but it brought back some bad memories. I wish they had done something similar to the Goblin in that regard.

Fogger.. ugh!

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Thinking I might dabble in a little DIY. Trust me, Adam and Heather have nothing to worry about here....
But I would like an RDA for the ProVari that is inexpensive, easy to disassemble and geared more toward flavor than cloud chasing. I'm thinking 20 to 30 drops of various components per trial. Then rinse, fresh wicks and try another. This was I could try several different recipes without committing to large quantities per trial.
A Veritas comes to mind.....

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thinking I might dabble in a little DIY. Trust me, Adam and Heather have nothing to worry about here....
But I would like an RDA for the ProVari that is inexpensive, easy to disassemble and geared more toward flavor than cloud chasing. I'm thinking 20 to 30 drops of various components per trial. Then rinse, fresh wicks and try another. This was I could try several different recipes without committing to large quantities per trial.
A Veritas comes to mind.....

Pop,anything that has direct-to-coil airflow. I prefer the Veritas because of its leak resistance. There are others. April has an Achilles that doesn't leak. Designed for single coil only but that is not a problem for you. There are others including the Marquis and Viking.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Pop,anything that has direct-to-coil airflow. I prefer the Veritas because of its leak resistance. There are others. April has an Achilles that doesn't leak. Designed for single coil only but that is not a problem for you. There are others including the Marquis and Viking.
They haven't cloned the Viking as far as I know , it might be an expensive proposition for a testing atty , I haven't checked to see if anybody decent has cloned the Marquis but it's an interesting design .

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
They haven't cloned the Viking as far as I know , it might be an expensive proposition for a testing atty , I haven't checked to see if anybody decent has cloned the Marquis but it's an interesting design .

I haven't shopped for drippers since I got my Plume Veil and Veritas. Honestly I do not know what is out there. They come out with new stuff every day and if you blink you're behind the times. What I have seen doesn't look any different than what is already out there. That pertains to tanks too. Perhaps the sub ohm, affordable tanks we've seen this past year has been the splashiest things intro'd in awhile.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I haven't shopped for drippers since I got my Plume Veil and Veritas. Honestly I do not know what is out there. They come out with new stuff every day and if you blink you're behind the times. What I have seen doesn't look any different than what is already out there. That pertains to tanks too. Perhaps the sub ohm, affordable tanks we've seen this past year has been the splashiest things intro'd in awhile.
I checked and both Infinite and Hcigar make a Marquis clone but the only shop I found carrying them is in the UK . You're gonna laugh but the $8.49 1:1 Veritas clone I got from FT is doing just fine , no rust or burnt insulaters , it works quite well , still go to a dual coiled Magma for maximum flavor though .

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I checked and both Infinite and Hcigar make a Marquis clone but the only shop I found carrying them is in the UK . You're gonna laugh but the $8.49 1:1 Veritas clone I got from FT is doing just fine , no rust or burnt insulaters , it works quite well , still go to a dual coiled Magma for maximum flavor though .

Cripes, buy a case of them and don't bother cleaning them after they get gunked up. Just chuck them in the can and grab a new one. :)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I have a Derringer, and Vulcan clone. I run the Vulcan in dual coil, and the Derringer in single at the moment. The Vulcan is a great rda. I like it better than the Magma. It may not have enough air flow for some people. They do have a cloud chasing sleeve for it. (it is a separate purchase) I'm not after huge clouds, and the standard sleeve is fine with me. The Derringer is tiny. The taste is good, it is easy to build. But the air flow ring has started coming off every time I pull the cap off, very annoying. I still like it though. It was very cheap, and it was in stock. What can I say?

Oh, and I run the Magma strictly in dual coil now. I've run the Derringer both ways. Not sure what I prefer, but it is in single mode for the moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread