Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I'd raise a little hell with'm Papaw , I'd demand to know why it showed in stock and it hasn't shipped , tell them they better up their game or you're taking your business elsewhere .

I agree that contacting them concerning the issue is in order and probably more importantly being disappointed that you may not have been notified about the stock shortfall after you had placed the order... but there are very valid reasons that are beyond their control that cause this type of thing to happen ( the stock shortage that is ).

The stock levels shown in web based store software can not be 100% accurate... the stock levels aren't in "real time" like those done on a computer in a store... they are dependant on who and when the browser loads the item and then again when the checkout is finished.

A good example of this is seen even on forums... how many times have you made a post right after someone else only to find there are other posts made just before your own, many times they can be listed several posts later even. So a handful of posts made at the same time... someone will always be posted last. The same happens with shopping carts when there may only be one of the product left.

Errors in stock levels also happen quite often even in real time softwares but are more likely in web based ones. A person that is pulling the order can grab the wrong product or the person pulling an item for an RMA replacement may not do their "paperwork" until after ensuring the product is in stock and pulling the item. Stock levels in small business's will often only be audited once a month so the errors in stock levels can be there for a relatively long time in some cases.

In the end, when this type of thing happens... we only have a valid complaint when we aren't advised of the error promptly and given a choice of waiting, selecting another product or getting a refund.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I agree with RDSok on this one. "Raising Hell" might happen a couple of weeks from now if it gets to be a month or so. But apparently their website didn't update automatically on weekends, so now I sit a wait. For a few more weeks...
What's really disappointing is that I have to wait even longer for a Dripper I can operate easily in single coil mode for DIY flavor testing. As it is now, I have to disassemble, clean and reassemble a kayfun for each recipe I try / create. The Achilles would make this a lot easier. As will the Veritas (fasttech) that is currently entering the black hole of US Customs somewhere...

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I agree that contacting them concerning the issue is in order and probably more importantly being disappointed that you may not have been notified about the stock shortfall after you had placed the order... but there are very valid reasons that are beyond their control that cause this type of thing to happen ( the stock shortage that is ).

The stock levels shown in web based store software can not be 100% accurate... the stock levels aren't in "real time" like those done on a computer in a store... they are dependant on who and when the browser loads the item and then again when the checkout is finished.

A good example of this is seen even on forums... how many times have you made a post right after someone else only to find there are other posts made just before your own, many times they can be listed several posts later even. So a handful of posts made at the same time... someone will always be posted last. The same happens with shopping carts when there may only be one of the product left.

Errors in stock levels also happen quite often even in real time softwares but are more likely in web based ones. A person that is pulling the order can grab the wrong product or the person pulling an item for an RMA replacement may not do their "paperwork" until after ensuring the product is in stock and pulling the item. Stock levels in small business's will often only be audited once a month so the errors in stock levels can be there for a relatively long time in some cases.

In the end, when this type of thing happens... we only have a valid complaint when we aren't advised of the error promptly and given a choice of waiting, selecting another product or getting a refund.
I think the problem is that the company charges your card and then cannot produce the product for who knows how long (if ever). They should either ensure they have the product before charging your card or issue a credit when they find they cannot ship. I suspect one or both of these methods are feasible with web based software.

Reactions: DavidOH

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Papaw, I got a used bf Quasar...I love this thing. It is simple to build on too. I saw an Infinite Quasar somewhere. You can use it in dual coil, or single coil. I have mine in single coil. The top cap is not easy to pull on and off though. It makes a perfect pairing with the Reo Grand LP. If you just want to test juices, you can get a cheap Derringer clone, and it is perfect for that, and it does single coil. In single coil the taste isn't as good, but it is not by any means bad. Right now I have my Derringer clone on a mech mod, and it is in single coil. The Vulcan clone has great taste, but it can only be run in dual coil.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Papaw, you also realize that you can pretty much use any of your BF atties to test juices right? Just drip into them. As long as you're not flooding them, you may have to deal with a minor drop or so of juice on your centre-post. They are regular atties afterall that have been modified for BF, right?

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Papaw, you also realize that you can pretty much use any of your BF atties to test juices right? Just drip into them. As long as you're not flooding them, you may have to deal with a minor drop or so of juice on your centre-post. They are regular atties afterall that have been modified for BF, right?

Actually, the thought of plugging the feed hole has crossed my mind. But why screw up a $45 RM2 or an $80 Cyclops when I could just buy a $24 Achilles Clone ?
The Kayfun you sent me works well with 100 drop samples. (100 drop so 1 drop = 1% of mix). I am currently vaping a Crème de Menthe / Vanilla Crème that isn't too far from Blade in taste. It's just the extra ten minutes or so to open, clean, wick and assemble that I was hoping to side step.
Besides, I am saving my Reos for the mixes I really like ! :thumbs:

(By the way, in the KFL Lite I am currently vaping a recipe from the TFA thread that tastes just like Hostess Twinkies ! Wonder if I should post that on the Health Nut thread ? :evil:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I think the problem is that the company charges your card and then cannot produce the product for who knows how long (if ever). They should either ensure they have the product before charging your card or issue a credit when they find they cannot ship. I suspect one or both of these methods are feasible with web based software.

It would be better if vendors wait to charge until they have it in stock and prior to shipping. That's how Amazon does it. When a vendor issues a credit, they get dinged with a chargeback fee. It adds up quickly and you are limited in how many chargebacks you are allowed before they flag you as suspicious. I know this from my own merchant account. A client wanted to split payment between projects after authorizing a single payment in full. It already costs me at least 3.5% on every payment I process via CC. That chargeback fee was aggravating! (Don't get me started on the ripoff racket of payment processing. Grrr.)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
My Achilles from Frog in Fog is now showing "Approved / Awaiting Shipping."

My birthday is June 14th. Maybe I'll have it by then...
Sorry to hear about the delay, Brett. Hope they get it shipped out soon. I thinking you'll have it the first week of June. The power of positive thinking.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
My Achilles from Frog in Fog is now showing "Approved / Awaiting Shipping."

My birthday is June 14th. Maybe I'll have it by then...

A month after mine! Cool!! Best of luck. ;)

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Birthday or Achilles ?
I think there might be a little more than month difference in our ages, though...

Birthday.. yeah, guessing a few years. I'm a 72 baby, turning 43 this year.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Birthday.. yeah, guessing a few years. I'm a 72 baby, turning 43 this year.
I was a freshman in high school in '72. You're two years younger than my sister, not that age matters much after 30 - we all stop counting or start counting backwards then. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread