Let's Talk Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRS1988

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2009
www.heathersheavenlyvapes.com
Since we're talking hardware, what are some devices you all would like to see us offer on the web? We are always excited to see new innovation and bring in the crowd pleasers. By that same token, there are devices that aren't "big names" but are well kept secrets. Right now my favorite new devices are the Goblin by UD and the eleaf iStick 50w. The 50w really surprised me, I didn't think I would like it as much as I do. It holds a charge really well, its super small and very comfortable in my hand, and there is something to be said about a device that will run anything (and well at that). I've run "stock tank", Subohm tanks, RTAs, and RDAs on it and it does a beautiful job.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
LEMO 2.. one word, AWESOME! Vaping my 3rd tank of Max VG juice in it right now, and it's kept up at 25W. Even the Subtank faltered with Max VG. Impressed with this tank, and yes, it will most likely replace the KFL on my "Out and About" Zmax.

i-3q6B35h-XL.jpg

I've also been testing the Favotank by a company called YoCan. They have a ceramic wick in one of the heads that can be washed and dryburned. No more cotton or rayon wicks anymore. The problem, they did not take into account high VG users. Good news, they've already listened to feedback that was provided and have new versions headed over with larger wick holes in them. They've been using DHL to ship, so it gets here in 2 days. Should have the new versions in hand on Monday. Here's a peek at what they look like..

i-ZKHD86d-M.jpg

Massive air-holes (largest is 9mm) and an almost 5ml capacity. Lot of potential, if they can get it right.

That's the latest hardware updates from me. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Nice review Bronze , I'll probably wind up grabbing an Achille's to play with at some point but I'm feeling like another Rose and a new mech soon . :)
I'm thinking with the tight draw the achilles might not be your thing.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Since we're talking hardware, what are some devices you all would like to see us offer on the web? We are always excited to see new innovation and bring in the crowd pleasers. By that same token, there are devices that aren't "big names" but are well kept secrets. Right now my favorite new devices are the Goblin by UD and the Eleaf iStick 50w. The 50w really surprised me, I didn't think I would like it as much as I do. It holds a charge really well, its super small and very comfortable in my hand, and there is something to be said about a device that will run anything (and well at that). I've run "stock tank", Subohm tanks, RTAs, and RDAs on it and it does a beautiful job.
Now you ask!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Since we're talking hardware, what are some devices you all would like to see us offer on the web? We are always excited to see new innovation and bring in the crowd pleasers. By that same token, there are devices that aren't "big names" but are well kept secrets. Right now my favorite new devices are the Goblin by UD and the Eleaf iStick 50w. The 50w really surprised me, I didn't think I would like it as much as I do. It holds a charge really well, its super small and very comfortable in my hand, and there is something to be said about a device that will run anything (and well at that). I've run "stock tank", Subohm tanks, RTAs, and RDAs on it and it does a beautiful job.
Ro, our favorite RDA's in the ECF Army are those that use direct-to-coil airflow (as opposed to side airflow on the barrel). We're talking Magma, Veritas, Achilles and there are others...Viking, Marquis, Mini Drip, Plume Veil, others. The Veritas and Achilles are virtually leakproof. The Achilles is for single coil only. The consensus here is that direct-to-coil airflow imparts the most intense flavor. Obviously, it was a design feature stolen from, (who else) the Kayfun.

Reactions: retic1959

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Obviously, it was a design feature stolen from, (who else) the Kayfun.

As are pretty much all RTA's that are out there at this time. Some if not all features have been "borrowed" from the Kayfun design.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
As are pretty much all RTA's that are out there at this time. Some if not all features have been "borrowed" from the Kayfun design.
That can never be denied. Even drippers stole from the Kayfun. And as you mention, I don't think there has been a tank released since the Kayfun that hasn't stolen at least a portion of the Kayfun design. And nothing since then has been anything more than a Kayfun modification (though some worthy for different segments of the market). When we think of vaping game changers, Svoemesto is at or near the top of the list. It is simply irrefutable.

How is your cooking hobby coming along dust?

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
How is your cooking hobby coming along dust?

I do what I can, when I can.. take a peek: Dusty's Foodie Adventures

37 recipes on there now, with primary focus being traditional Goan food. I've had a chance to apply the Photography hobby to the Cooking hobby as well. Of course, the Vaping hobby is in play at all times in the Kitchen as well.

It's been good for relaxing during this crazy period at work.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I do what I can, when I can.. take a peek: Dusty's Foodie Adventures

37 recipes on there now, with primary focus being traditional Goan food. I've had a chance to apply the Photography hobby to the Cooking hobby as well. Of course, the Vaping hobby is in play at all times in the Kitchen as well.

It's been good for relaxing during this crazy period at work.
Bookmarked! That stuff looks absolutely delicious. Got to try that green beef curry. And impeccable recipe layouts with beautiful photography. I believe you could make cowpie look delicious. :)

Reactions: Dusty_D

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Q laid out the Svoemesto history complete just the other day.

Kayfuns down the years...

214wpix.jpg

With the release of V3 in mid-2012 SvoëMesto created a stir, heading differently and giving us an easier option from the Gennys - which were prevalent that time. Easy wicking and assembly, non leaky scenario, filling valve, tank options etc ~ and all the while vaping pretty well.

It wasn't marred with issues tho, and thus was the V3.1 born, soon! Which took away most of the concerns people had ~ was easier to fill, had a better deck arrangement, the chimney was split into two for an easy rebuilding experience and a catch-cup was introduced to eliminate leaking. And boy, it was an instant success!

Versions and the order they were released:
1. Kayfun V2............. 2011/2012................. Made in Russia
2. Kayfun V3 ES......... 2012......................... Made in Germany
3. Kayfun V3.1 ES...... January 2013............. Made in Germany
4. Kayfun Mini........... March 2013................ Made in Germany
5. Kayfun Lite............ May 2013................... Made in Germany
6. Kayfun Lite+.......... September 2013......... Made in Germany
7. Kayfun Lite+ V2..... Since February 2014.... Made in Germany

However, it was only in mid 2013 that the Kayfuns really caught on. With the advent of its LITEer avatar SvoëMesto really took the vaping world by storm ~ offering an affordable atty. A smaller and simplified version but with all the key features remaining intact. Exit the collector tank and the problematic fill-valve ~ the idea was devilishly effective!

The Russian fiasco

Along the same time The Russian came in as a blatant copy of the 3.1ES and soon it also came out with a better iteration of the LITE - The Russian 91%, adding an AFC to the small form factor. Both of which were made pretty well using the same materials and quality of workmanship (ah, made in China tho) and priced similar (tho the full version was way cheaper).

Was SM to be left behind?

No, four months to the Lite SM added the AFC, tad differently but nonetheless - and continued to keep the price at where it was. Thus we had the Lite+ and its success was imminent. Few months later they also upgraded the Lite+ making the fill port sturdier and adding a new type of drip tip. Thus the Lite+ V2.

User friendly, easy setting up and good price vs. quality makes the Kayfun appealing to both beginners as well as hardcore vapers. No wonder it sells approximately 1500 units a week around the globe!

Kayfun V4

Yes, an entire year goes by, much changes in the vaping environment, Kayfuns no more remain 'an atomizer' - but becomes "a type of Atomizer"! And there come a myriad of spinoffs of this 'type of atty', including a plethora of clones. Fairly long period, folks said, for no further innovation!

Whaat? No, SM dedicated this period to R&D. Took down one (the KF-Mini) and deliberated / dedicated all resources for a new version. The Kayfun 4 is born! And the saga continues.

[/QUOTE]
What year did the first kayfun come out?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
First time I ever heard of Kayfun was from XFoo (David). He posted a picture of the 3.1 just before it was released predicting it would revolutionize the vape world. I remember thinking there was no way it will succeed with a stupid name like Kayfun. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
That was way more than I needed to know ;)

Good grief, how do people have time to do all that?

So 2011 was the V2 that I know nothing about?
I don't either. Q has posted that several times going back more than a year ago. They probably update it from time to time. To be honest, I never heard of Svoemesto until the 3.1. Here they have a history well before that.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Bookmarked! That stuff looks absolutely delicious. Got to try that green beef curry. And impeccable recipe layouts with beautiful photography. I believe you could make cowpie look delicious. :)

I'd give it my best shot! :D .. Thanks for the kind words!

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
First time I ever heard of Kayfun was from XFoo (David). He posted a picture of the 3.1 just before it was released predicting it would revolutionize the vape world. I remember thinking there was no way it will succeed with a stupid name like Kayfun. :)

You realize that most folks still pronounce it wrong, right?! It was supposed to be pronounced "Kai Foon" but most folks follow the spelling and pronounce it "Kay Fun". Probably more than April wants to know too, huh?! ;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
You realize that most folks still pronounce it wrong, right?! It was supposed to be pronounced "Kai Foon" but most folks follow the spelling and pronounce it "Kay Fun". Probably more than April wants to know too, huh?! ;)
You would be correct, Sir. Same as Taifun too I believe.

Reactions: Dusty_D

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
I actually did know this but still can't bring myself to pronounce it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread