Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
But the real question is....

Which Woodvil is Bronze shooting for tonight ? :D:lol::lol::lol::w00t::D;):facepalm:
They're gorgeous Pop. But I have one mechanical now and don't use it but 5% of the time. I don't need another mechanical. Keep us posted on his sale. I'm sure he will do good.

Reactions: DavidOH

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Papaw, I am so happy for you. Two of them. I bet you are thrilled out of your mind. I got the ONE, and I am almost in shock. The site had some hiccups for me. I just knew it was gone. Especially when you kept talking about the plunger mods going fast. My heart sunk. But I got it, and I am very thrilled! #6 Cocobolo with plunger. I will add pic in a minute.

I picked this one because of my arthritis. Hopefully it will help. It isn't too hard to squonk now, but it will get worse over time. Anyway, I think this one is gorgeous.
6_cocobolo_555a6e6de8b98.jpg

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I was afraid a storm would mess up my shopping transaction. It didn't. But it just poured and storms look like they are imminent. Anyway, I dodged it just in the nick of time. That is probably why the internet was hiccupping for me. The Dallas area was getting pounded. I am having my victory drink right now, for my lovely mod. Glass number 2. I am a happy camper, that's for sure. :banana:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
kkay, I believe your Woodvil has a Natural Oil finish (I'll double check).
You will need to wax that one about once a month. Most Reonauts recommend / use Howard's brand wood waxes. I personally use Howard's Feed-n-Wax, which can be purchased at Home Depot. Be careful about using cheaper waxes, you don't want to discolor that beauty !

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Nice Papaw , I really like that Maple Burl on the top , gorgeous wood there .

Thanks retic. I think I'll place the brass Cyclone on that one, and a brass RM2 on the other.
I've had those RBA's for nearly three months now. This night has been planned :thumb:

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
5_wenge_maple_bu_555a6e1f31220_zpsw10mp0ty.jpg
Wenge body/ Maple Burl door

9_padauk_birdsey_555a6fa0a86ce_zps8a80r46p.jpg
Padauk body / Birdseye Maple door.

Both have Plunger Door and Polyurethane finish. Just the way I like them !

Papaw...your choices are beautiful. I especially like the top one. Yes, mine has a natural oil finish. I checked Lowe's and Home Depot, neither carry the Howard's stuff. I want the one with uv protection..the SunShield. I have mineral oil. I don't mind adding oil, or polishing. My hands would have taken the poly off the mod before long anyway. I have acidic skin or something. I have a thumb print on the handle of my truck...the clear coat is totally gone there now.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
kkay, that cocobolo woodvil is gorgeous! Well done!!
Thank you Pappy. I didn't want to fight over some of the top ones. This one had my eye from the beginning. Plus it was the kind with the plunger. I cannot believe my luck in getting it. My number 2 choice went fast. Number 3 is still available. I wish someone would hurry up and buy that one......lol. If I would have had the money, I definitely would have got two. But as it is, I am pushing it getting the one. I was very lucky to get my first choice. I am glad you like it too Pappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread