Let's Talk Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Rebuilt the RM2 this morning , I went from 26ga 6 wraps 2.4mm id .7 ohms to 28ga 7 wraps 2mm id at 1.1 ohms , with the first build I could only get two or 3 hits before having to squonk , now I get 5 or 6 good hits . It's still a warm vape but not quite as warm as before , the flavor is more in line of what I'm used to . Vapor production is just as good as it was with the subohm coil with the amount of airflow I have but I'm using less juice so that's definitely a good thing . I think the RM2 really can't hold enough wick to feed the subohm coil for more than a coupla hits and there was too much squonking and not enough vaping for my likes . The other benefit is I can reserve my vtc4's and 5's for the builds that need'm . Quite happy with the results now . :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Rebuilt the RM2 this morning , I went from 26ga 6 wraps 2.4mm id .7 ohms to 28ga 7 wraps 2mm id at 1.1 ohms , with the first build I could only get two or 3 hits before having to squonk , now I get 5 or 6 good hits . It's still a warm vape but not quite as warm as before , the flavor is more in line of what I'm used to . Vapor production is just as good as it was with the subohm coil with the amount of airflow I have but I'm using less juice so that's definitely a good thing . I think the RM2 really can't hold enough wick to feed the subohm coil for more than a coupla hits and there was too much squonking and not enough vaping for my likes . The other benefit is I can reserve my vtc4's and 5's for the builds that need'm . Quite happy with the results now . :)
Cool!

Reactions: retic1959

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Thanks guys! I'll have to research a bit to make sure they each have what I need. I'm sure nothing is 100% leak proof but I can't have 5mls empty out in my purse again. It only happens after I vape, so I think for some reason it isn't getting the vacuum seal in the tank it should be. Doesn't leak right after filling. This time it was on a brand new fresh out of the foil coil, so idk. Grr grr grr... I haven't had time yet to play with the 50w to try to get it to work with anything else on it.
Just my two cents, my KayFun lights don't leak.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Retic, glad you're liking your new REO!!! Wish I had one, but I'll make due with what I have for now. Don't see myself buying anything else in the near future. The Provari, ZNA clone and Spinners are all doing fine with KayFun toppers - plus I have the Panzer 26000 and Magma.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Retic, glad you're liking your new REO!!! Wish I had one, but I'll make due with what I have for now. Don't see myself buying anything else in the near future. The Provari, ZNA clone and Spinners are all doing fine with KayFun toppers - plus I have the Panzer 26000 and Magma.
Thanks Chak , I've been wanting a REO and Papaw & BK really came through for me , I just love the feel of the Woodville in my hand plus it hits alot harder than you'd expect a wooden mod to , it's a performer and an eye catcher IMO . I still have my Panmag too , it's insurance against the vapocalyspe along with my other mechs . :)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I thought Berni had it along with the first SVD ?
youre right...she does have it... totally forgot.. well I havent heard from her so I guess its still not leaking...
if she had leaking issues with it, I would have been notified.... promptly :)

ata: probably needs a rewick and coil cleaning... its been a while..

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I ordered a second Achilles. The one I have is dedicated to Dragon's Fire. I want another to dedicate to CAT. Those are the two that make up 90% of my vaping. But I see Frog in Fog ran out of stock so I have to wait till they restock...whenever that is. I wish they would say they are out of stock before I place the order. Kind of pisses me off actually. Anyway, I'm really enjoying the one I have. It's nice to have a few favorite attys to switch back and forth with.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
they are using your money to purchase the previous order ( which was also out of stock) and your order will get placed as soon as someone makes an order and sends the payment to cover your purchase ;)
I noticed on their webpage they are looking for a buyer for their company. Not a good sign.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC

I usually run my RM2's at about 1.4 ohms, nice cool vape and plenty of it without having to wait.

they are using your money to purchase the previous order ( which was also out of stock) and your order will get placed as soon as someone makes an order and sends the payment to cover your purchase ;)

Stated in true BK fashion, so non-sensible that it makes good sense !

I noticed on their webpage they are looking for a buyer for their company. Not a good sign.

They can't afford the Affordable Healthcare !

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I usually run my RM2's at about 1.4 ohms, nice cool vape and plenty of it without having to wait.

Stated in true BK fashion, so non-sensible that it makes good sense !

They can't afford the Affordable Healthcare !
At 1.1 ohms it's what I'd call lukewarm , but I did drill the RM2 out to 1.6mm . Are yours still stock Papaw ?

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Wish they had pix of it broken down.
Me too , Eden mods said they were in the process of torture testing it , should get more info in July . With the flavor the Rose delivers and them stating they designed it for flavor , plus it has a BF option , I'm gonna keep my eye on it .

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Looks good Retic. Might be a bit pricey. If it is real good though, I guess that is worth it. Keep us informed on it. 1.1 is lukewarm hugh? LOL. I guess I like lukewarm then. I had the Rogue in dual coil, and it was a hot vape, until I tweaked it. I don't like hot vapes at all. Warm yes, hot no. I guess that is why I usually prefer single coil too. When I first built my regular Derringer, it was a hot vape too. Taste was excellent, but hot. Thought I'll try single coil, then go back and tweak the dual later. Later never came. I am still vaping that Derringer in single coil. Then I got the bf Derringer, and it is straight single coil. I never tried it in dual coil, at least not yet. Maybe in the future I will do a dual coil, just for the heck of it. The Derringer on top of the Woodvil is light as a feather. The Quasar is MUCH heavier, and it's bigger too. I have that one on the metal Reo. I was gonna put the Quasar on the Woodvil, but the top cap is tight, even if you lube the o rings. I decided not to pressure the connector. I was afraid it might hurt the Woodvil. I can't have that ya know. LOL. I baby that Woodvil. That Woodvil is vape heaven for me. I think I said that a few times already. Sorry, I just can't help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread