Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
My annual masochistic attempt to compare vaping Equipment, also known as the Unofficial Equipment of the Year poll is fast approaching. A lot of studying and researching involved.
Correct me if I am wrong, but Segelei was the fore runner of the popular higher wattage box mods that seem prevalent these days, correct ?

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I use silica in the tank to build base and lay rayon on top of the silica... the silica keeps the rayon "dripper" wet and it doesnt leak when laid down on its side.... been using this for 2 yrs now.... and also, I use horizontal coils to hold the rayon in place...

I used silica, SS mesh, SS cable, mesh & silica sleeves, you name it. I still agree with Bronze. Finicky things they are. Kayfuns we're a big game changer.

That's the plan whenever I get around to rebuilding those KFLs. I need them for the fruit flavors and to justify keeping the Provari. I prefer that range for ohms.

Yup, that's my preferred vape, Provari and 1.2 ohm Rayon in the Kayfuns.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
As far as I know you are right Pop. But then I recall the DNA started it by creeping up to 20 watts then 30, then 40. We thought that was ridiculous when it first came out. Now people are at 150. So depends on one's definition of high power.
Yeah, and how low they want to go with resistance - super sub ohms. It's not for me. I may go down to .5 but rarely go that far - .7 - .8 is low enough for me and you have to have at least 30 - 40w to run those. I'd have to twist 4 strand of 30G to get that low and still have room to secure it. Either that or use some ribbon wire I have in stock, which is equal to 28g - 30g is the only round wire I have at the moment.

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
A bit pricey for me too. But I can dream. :)
It looks like it has a lot going for it and a lot going on in the display. Not interested in TC mode so all that stuff is useless to me. Sixty watts is twice what I'd ever need in a mod, so maybe some day in the future, this might be in the line up.

But for now the next gear purchase for me is a load of batteries, both 18650 & 18490s.

Reactions: LAwaters

1atom12

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Call me old school, but I don't care for the higher wattage, lower ohm vaping experience in general. I'm still plugging along with an iStick 50W (that I never set higher that 10W) and a Nautilus tank. I only run the 50W due to my supreme laziness with regards to charging. I can stretch the 50W out 3-4 days between charging. Thank goodness we have Ro who always has to have the bleeding edge tech. If there is something you guys and gals want to see that we are not carrying, let me know and we will bring it in.

TRS1988

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2009
www.heathersheavenlyvapes.com
Its crazy, cos I have all these fancy gadgets. IE, Sigelei 100w, SnowWolf 200w, ect. and 80% of the time I reach for my iStick 50w with my Freakshow mini built to 1.2ohms. Dont get me wrong, I love my other set ups. But for whatever reason, probably size and comfort, the 50w is my fav.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
However, that IPV D2 is squeakkky small. makes my 50w look pretty big. and I also dont know the meaning of a "vape budget" lol.

I was reading up on the IPV D2 yesterday! Budget-friendly and I love the small size and hybrid shape. That one could be in my near future.

My favorite vape is .9 ohms at 14.4W. The highest I've gone was 18 - 20W and it got too harsh for me.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Call me old school, but I don't care for the higher wattage, lower ohm vaping experience in general. I'm still plugging along with an iStick 50W (that I never set higher that 10W) and a Nautilus tank. I only run the 50W due to my supreme laziness with regards to charging. I can stretch the 50W out 3-4 days between charging. Thank goodness we have Ro who always has to have the bleeding edge tech. If there is something you guys and gals want to see that we are not carrying, let me know and we will bring it in.

The IPV D2 would be my request. :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
If HHV does carry the IPV D2, I'll have to pick up my second one from them. Yep. I just ordered a silver one! Vape Royalty had a newsletter sale, and $43 was too good to resist.

Now I will have a backup for my ZNA Lite. It has an issue with an insulator slipping causing it to fire continuously. As in, burned a scorch mark in my beloved leather bag! I've been meaning to contact HoH about it, but can't be without the mod. Maybe they can just send me a new insulator. A new top cap is not cheap. If I have to send it in - well, perish the thought!

The iStick was tempting, except for being a box mod, which is not my thing.

Now I can have both Aqua v2's going at once! Yay! Legendary Booty in one hand, Serendipity in the other. Life is good. :thumbs:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
If HHV does carry the IPV D2, I'll have to pick up my second one from them. Yep. I just ordered a silver one! Vape Royalty had a newsletter sale, and $43 was too good to resist.

Now I will have a backup for my ZNA Lite. It has an issue with an insulator slipping causing it to fire continuously. As in, burned a scorch mark in my beloved leather bag! I've been meaning to contact HoH about it, but can't be without the mod. Maybe they can just send me a new insulator. A new top cap is not cheap. If I have to send it in - well, perish the thought!

The iStick was tempting, except for being a box mod, which is not my thing.

Now I can have both Aqua v2's going at once! Yay! Legendary Booty in one hand, Serendipity in the other. Life is good. :thumbs:
Vape Royalty has the broadest gear selection out there of both clone and genuine gear. Might be a good place for Adam and Ro to snoop around to get gear ideas to see what products move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread