Let's Talk Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRS1988

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2009
www.heathersheavenlyvapes.com
I had asked a few months back about RDAs and you guys all expressed that you prefer flavor chasing, bottom airflow/direct to coil airflow, restrictive draw RDAs that can be built to a higher resistance.

Now available on the website are 2 RDAs that check those boxes.

The Geyser (clone) has a very restrictive draw, even all the way open, super small air chamber and the flavor is killer, really dense vapor production but again not a huge cloud chaser.

The Freakshow Mini (authentic) has been one of my favorite RDAs as of late, especially rocking it with a 1.0+ build at lower wattages. The Freakshow mini is small in profile which begets a smaller air chamber as well. It can be very airy, or very restrictive as it is adjustable and can also be used with a single coil. For the size, it has a very deep juice well (5mm). While the flavor is very very nice on this RDA, it also does well with vapor production.

I tried to keep your input in mind, while also pleasing the masses and our local customers.

Thanks everyone!

TRS1988

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2009
www.heathersheavenlyvapes.com
if ya wanted to do that... keep every one happy..... RSST :)
the newest ones? We carried the RSST a long time ago. I know they have since updated them. Post a pic if you have one.

Honestly, as far as Gennies go, I'm eyeballing the Haze RDA tank. It's pretty much a genesis tank, but it looks insanely promising. At that price tag though, I may have to wait for the clone. Not too many people would shell out $120 for a tank. :/

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Ok, I don't know what it is, but I just can't say enough about this Kanger Subox Mini kit. IDK, maybe it's just the excitement of a new toy to play with, but this thing's a monster! I have the .5ohm factory coil in it and have been vaping Huntsman 12mg for the past 3 days. Yes, 3 (count 'em three) days without any dry hits, or gurgling or flooding, or leaking. Cloud production is really good - I get a dense, cool vape every toke and the flavor is right up there with the best of them. It has quite a bit more air flow than the KF V4, so if you wanted to chase some clouds, I believe this could hold up to any build you threw at it.

The box is reading the factory .5ohm coil @ .6ohms which is pretty darn close and I've got the wattage set at 25.5W and it's giving me a 4v reading which is also pretty darn close. (It may be rounding the number up to the closest full integer volt - i.e. 3.91V becomes 4V.)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
@Chakris - I'm so happy for you! I believe it's all you say. I'm finding the same with the IPV D2. I'm curious though, you said at those specs it's a cool vape? I'm at 4-ish volts and it's warm. Just how I like it. Is it cool compared to cigs? Inquiring minds want to know. :)
I'm thinking it's cooler than the Magma at the same build, but warmer than the KF v1. I guess you'd call that warm, but def. not hot. I stand corrected.

Edit: Could be I was being fooled by the massive air flow that it has. Much more than any other tank I have, maybe even more than the Magma.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I'm thinking it's cooler than the Magma at the same build, but warmer than the KF v1. I guess you'd call that warm, but def. not hot. I stand corrected.

Edit: Could be I was being fooled by the massive air flow that it has. Much more than any other tank I have, maybe even more than the Magma.

Ah, that makes sense. Mine is not as warm as the Magma either, especially with dual coils. I run my Aquas in single coil. And the airflow is a big factor. I have Satsuma in an Aspire ETS running on an MVP. The coil is 1.8 ohms and the draw feels super constricted now that I'm used to all this airflow.

When the IPV went wonky on me, I had a hit that spiked crazy high and actually burned my tongue! Tasted awful too. Now that was hot!

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Honestly, as far as Gennies go, I'm eyeballing the Haze RDA tank. It's pretty much a genesis tank, but it looks insanely promising. At that price tag though, I may have to wait for the clone. Not too many people would shell out $120 for a tank. :/

I'm grateful for the Tank days (AGA-T2 and RSST), but soooo glad I found the Reo Grand world. $120 is a Reo Grand that will last as long as you take care of it. I was hesitant at first by thinking those Reoville folks were nuts! Boy was I so wrong that my picture should be next to the word in the dictionary. So glad I decided to try the Reo Grand. It having a high re-sale value in the Classifieds made the decision easy. Can honestly say those Reoville guys are NOT nuts, and the ReoNauts in Reoville are the best group of folks I've ever met on a forum. Reoville is the most rockin' place on ECF.
greeting.gif

IF you're a Single coil user, nothing beats a Reo Grand and RM2 (or RM3 single coil version).
* 28g Kanthal; 6/7 wraps on 3/32 bit @ 1.2 ohms with AW 1600mah 18650; and CelluCotton is one hell of a combination to try. Plenty of Vapor; TH; Nic hit, and Flavor.
Dragon's Fire and GAIA really come to life.
good.gif

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Forgot to share pics of my new toy, and the cough has finally subsided enough I can use it. Mod is evic vt 60w, herakles tank, and crispy caps drip tip. Only just added the drip tip today and I never realized how much difference it could make in flavor, heat, and vapor production.

Using the .6ohm stock coil, haven't played with the .2 nickel coil or the temp control on the mod yet at all, but overall this entire setup has changed vaping completely for me. I have always been at a just OK spot, getting through but never thrilled. So far a full day of chain vaping and haven't had a dry hit yet, nor a leak or juice pop or anything all the others gave me.

And loving the herakles for the plug n play aspect lol

04bf9d0753e8c20bd70584518899d443.jpg

With the silicon sleeve for protection from me lol

41975d7d39f4167ba67b237da77d6da7.jpg

Without the sleeve, its a pretty pearl white metallic, hard to see in pic

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Nice Always. What kind of power are you set at?
Sitting around 50w. Haven't tried higher yet, half because of battery life and half because I'm afraid if I love it higher I'll end up buying another mod with higher watts hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread