Let's Talk Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
vaping Cookie" data-source="post: 17637791" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vaping Cookie said:
do you have any advice on this particular mod
Like MostlySunny above, I have the TC40W, which has less options. I've had no problem using it and never got a user manual. It's a good little mod, I love how it fits in my hand.

I set it to Variable Wattage mode and haven't changed it - now I've forgotten how. LOL
My advice would be to keep the owners manual handy... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bronze

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
This one is designed for bottom feeder mods. Two post, ATC control ring, air flow down dual wall chamber. Mark Bugs machining is impeccable. Expensive, but a great little atomizer.
I wish they were a little more reasonably priced , another ten bucks on top of the Chalice's price gets me another REO . I know you got a deal on this last Chalice Papaw , but in your honest opinion is the Chalice worth $90 more than an RM2 ?

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I wish they were a little more reasonably priced , another ten bucks on top of the Chalice's price gets me another REO . I know you got a deal on this last Chalice Papaw , but in your honest opinion is the Chalice worth $90 more than an RM2 ?

No. The first one I bought was with a $150 Gift Card my daughter gave me for Christmas. This second one I got for $80 off of the ECF classifieds. I could see $60- $70 dollars for one, but the price is what it is. I've seen clones for $20, but I seriously doubt they would even comes close to the Mark Bugs machining. These Chalice III are the cleanest machining I've found in vaping, easily on par with the threading on a ProVari and better than the threading on the Reos 510 connectors. But, like the General says, it costs $$$

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
No. The first one I bought was with a $150 Gift Card my daughter gave me for Christmas. This second one I got for $80 off of the ECF classifieds. I could see $60- $70 dollars for one, but the price is what it is. I've seen clones for $20, but I seriously doubt they would even comes close to the Mark Bugs machining. These Chalice III are the cleanest machining I've found in vaping, easily on par with the threading on a ProVari and better than the threading on the Reos 510 connectors. But, like the General says, it costs $$$
Thanks for the input Papaw , I'm in need of another BF atty and the RM2 is an easy pill to swollow considering how well it performs , I wanna try to grab one more Grand in the next coupla weeks and I'm thinking that needs to be my priority .

Reactions: Chakris

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks for the input Papaw , I'm in need of another BF atty and the RM2 is an easy pill to swollow considering how well it performs , I wanna try to grab one more Grand in the next coupla weeks and I'm thinking that needs to be my priority .
Maybe a stupid question but does Chowderhead have anything?

Reactions: Chakris

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Maybe a stupid question but does Chowderhead have anything?
He's got some Veritas's in stock , thats another option I was considering . It's a tossup between the RM2 and the Veritas , I think the RM2 has the edge slightly in flavor while the Veritas has the adjustable airflow , neither one are prone to leaking . I've got a BF Velocity for multi-coil setups but I want another single coil atty .

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
For under $50, the RM2 is probably the best single coil, BF rebuildable out there.
No arguments there Papaw, I have a Hobo V3 mounted on the Woodville with a .8 ohm dual coil build and the RM2 on the Grand at 1.5 ohms smokes it flavor wise . Also my normal 24mg nic is a bit rough in a dual coil setup , duals are fun to play with but not for an all day vape . Don't know how BK can handle 36mg in a dual coil build at 25+ watts .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread