PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
On it's way stateside...
vv-woodvil-sale-pic_v3-jpg.563421

I told him i would give the asking price IF he could send me a dated video showing that it still worked, and assured me that it would be mailed in bubble wrap and a box, not just a 'mailer envelope'. This would make five VV Reos, three metal and two woods.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Sweet!

That sure is a nice looking mod, Papaw.
No new hardware in a long time for me, don't see any in the near future either. I'm happy with what I have now. The three Kayfuns is all I use now - 2 minis (the original 2.1 and the KFv3) and the KFLv1. I lost my KFLV2 along with a Provari mini, but I also have a KFV4 that doesn't get used too much any more.

Last edited:

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Am hoping the kind folk here might be able to recommend me a few wire types and gauges for a TC beginner to try? All my building experience is with kanthal - will be using this on a 60w Dicodes No6 box mod , and will probably use in a RDA but may experiment in a RTA as well :) I am purely a flavour chaser :)

Oh and while I am at it, I have always used the Ohm reader on my Provaris but was thinking it might be wise to get a good quality Ohm reader, so any recommendations there will also be appreciated :)

Reactions: Chakris

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Am hoping the kind folk here might be able to recommend me a few wire types and gauges for a TC beginner to try? All my building experience is with kanthal - will be using this on a 60w Dicodes No6 box mod , and will probably use in a RDA but may experiment in a RTA as well :) I am purely a flavour chaser :)

Oh and while I am at it, I have always used the Ohm reader on my Provaris but was thinking it might be wise to get a good quality Ohm reader, so any recommendations there will also be appreciated :)
They were just discussing TC on our Kayfun 5 thread. Jump in at the end.

Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun 5

Reactions: Yonjuro

Bodach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2012
Georgia
Hey Army! OK I'm living in the past. I still use Vamos. They're getting worse and worse. Buttons stop working, etc. I'm not into rebuildable atomizers, so would rather just use pro-tanks -- or if any of you have any recommendations on a better tank that use the same atomizers. As far as mods go -- what's a decent 18650 battery mod? I trust you guys!

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Hey Army! OK I'm living in the past. I still use Vamos. They're getting worse and worse. Buttons stop working, etc. I'm not into rebuildable atomizers, so would rather just use pro-tanks -- or if any of you have any recommendations on a better tank that use the same atomizers. As far as mods go -- what's a decent 18650 battery mod? I trust you guys!

I currently have 2 of these in rotation for my out and about mods: $41.04 Authentic Smoant Knight V1 60W TC VW APV Mod - 1-60W / 100-300'C(200-600'F) / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Small size but has good heft and uses an 18650 battery. Fits my hand perfectly.

As for tanks, I have around 6 Kanger Subtank Minis but do use the rebuildable heads. I have around 15 of those heads in rotation. Some would say I am living in the past with those, but I'm just a 20W vaper, and don't need anything more than that.

These are the tanks: $23.29 Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK Mini Clearomizer - 4.5ml / 0.5ohm (15-30W) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

and, these are the RBA heads I use: $9.04 Replacement Rebuildable RBA Plus Coil Head for SUBTANK Mini Clearomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - 0.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

For home use, I am still rocking the dual 18650 Sigelei 100W

Almost all my other gear are in long term storage. :)

Bodach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2012
Georgia
I currently have 2 of these in rotation for my out and about mods: $41.04 Authentic Smoant Knight V1 60W TC VW APV Mod - 1-60W / 100-300'C(200-600'F) / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Small size but has good heft and uses an 18650 battery. Fits my hand perfectly.

As for tanks, I have around 6 Kanger Subtank Minis but do use the rebuildable heads. I have around 15 of those heads in rotation. Some would say I am living in the past with those, but I'm just a 20W vaper, and don't need anything more than that.

These are the tanks: $23.29 Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK Mini Clearomizer - 4.5ml / 0.5ohm (15-30W) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

and, these are the RBA heads I use: $9.04 Replacement Rebuildable RBA Plus Coil Head for SUBTANK Mini Clearomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - 0.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

For home use, I am still rocking the dual 18650 Sigelei 100W

Almost all my other gear are in long term storage. :)
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Dusty_D

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

YO, Bodacious, (dang spell check) [emoji12]
Welcome back!
Like Dusty says those Kanger sub tanks are pretty good - you can use pre- made coils/wicks or the RBA coils . Personally, I use the RBA 'cause I like to make my own coils/wicks. For a decent mod the Kanger Subbox is pretty good for a 50W machine - I don't need more than that for my style vaping. Plus they match nicely style/color wise with the tanks...[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MrPicC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
Lone Star State
IMO... If you want easy easy but still use an 18650 can't go wrong with an NeBox.
Have two and mostly the wife uses them but they are simple and hold plenty of liquid. . leaking sometimes but YouTube to fix it.
Ordered two more yesterday so I can vape easy on upcoming vacation. .

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
OK got the subtank mini v2, and the Smoant Knight is crankin'. Never knew my CAT could taste so good. Goodbye Vamo and Pro Tank v1 lol. Thanks guys, as always. Now I'm just waiting on some 35 amp batteries to arrive so I don't die.
I have a subtank also and find they work pretty good. I usually use the the RBA coil and build my own coils around 1.2 - 1.5 ohm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bodach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread