Let's Talk Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2012
Georgia
Yeah Chakris, I hear ya. I'm using the .5 OCC head. It does feel like it's meant for a direct inhale, and I prefer mouth to lung so might go back to 1.5. Not to mention the battery I'd save during the day. Haven't used the RBA yet, but will give it a whirl tomorrow. Seems easy enough to just stuff some cotton in there and dap it up. Hell, maybe I'll start building my own coils. Changing over all my equipment like this kind of brings back the charm of initially vaping, and exploring capabilities.

Overall, though, it's really a flavorful hit compared to my old vamo and pro tank v1. Also, a much quicker one. I remember when I started vaping, the slow time of getting that hit was an annoying change. vaping with these new mods and atomizers must make life much easier for the smoker trying to make the adjustment. Really a great direction for vaping.

Hoping the FDA doesn't kill it all.

Reactions: Chakris

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
I've got a four inch strip of rayon left, then I'll have to go back to cotton. Fortunately, I still have a full bag of cotton pads similar to that in your pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I still have close to a meter of Cellucotton left, but my wicking seems to be far more consistent with the Ken Go Doh. I used to love VCC cotton but I think KGD is much better. Bacon bits doesn't do it for me either. So I just bought big on the KGD from a local beauty supplier and now I don't have to be so frugal in its use :D

Having said that my wife (who is not a vaper), spotted this big bag of cotton pads with lustful eyes :D LOL

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Yeah, I still have close to a meter of Cellucotton left, but my wicking seems to be far more consistent with the Ken Go Doh. I used to love VCC cotton but I think KGD is much better. Bacon bits doesn't do it for me either. So I just bought big on the KGD from a local beauty supplier and now I don't have to be so frugal in its use :D

Having said that my wife (who is not a vaper), spotted this big bag of cotton pads with lustful eyes :D LOL

LOL yeah they're good for makeup removal too...

Reactions: Yonjuro

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
hahaha - yeah I know, how dare she want to use something pure and organic on her skin :p

One thing for sure is that the FDA won't be able to halt the sale of this particular item ;-)

I wonder if they will cotton-on :D
A woman can go through a pack of KGD in no time.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Decided to up my VG level in CAT. My sub tank mini seems to leak with 50/50. Have to vape with a paper towel. 20/80VG seems to do the trick. And actually much nicer with sub ohm. Hell, this sub ohm thing is making me think I could lower the nic and it work just fine.

I didn't have any problems with my subtank leaking while in sub-ohm mode. Strange!?! Does yours leak only when you use CAT at that PG/VG level, or do other juices leak as well?

Last edited:

Voltron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
San Juan, PR
Hello everyone. Long time no see. I'm looking for suggestions on small RDA's intended for single coil builds, that have shallow juice wells. Any recommendations will be appreciated. I used to own a mini bully RDA, but want something a bit better, that at least screws in instead of popping into place. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Chakris

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
@Voltron - Nice to see you again! I second the Magma. It is made to be able to do double coils (incredibly rich and tasty - this is a flavor chaser's RDA) but does great with a single coil. It's also really easy to build on.

They just released a new version but it has deeper wells - up to 4 ml.

Magma Reborn RDA Review - Vaping360

I stopped dripping because of the inconvenience of constantly refilling, so I'm not up on the latest RDA's. Maybe Ro from HHV has some input. @TRS1988?

Urlacher78

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2017
Hello everyone. Long time no see. I'm looking for suggestions on small RDA's intended for single coil builds, that have shallow juice wells. Any recommendations will be appreciated. I used to own a mini bully RDA, but want something a bit better, that at least screws in instead of popping into place. Thanks in advance.
Geekvape Ammit is a really good single coil tank with shallow juice well perfect airflow.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Geekvape Ammit is a really good single coil tank with shallow juice well perfect airflow.

Hey, thanks for the tip. I ordered one after I saw your post. I've been using the Kayfun 3.1 for a long, long time, and I can't find them any more, so I've been looking for a good single coil tank atty.

I bought a Geekvape Griffin, but it's really intended for dual coils and I'm a single coil guy. And I've got to figure out how to keep it from leaking. I'm sure it's user error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread