Letter to my congressman

Discussion in 'Campaigning discussions' started by therealmuffinman, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. therealmuffinman

therealmuffinman Senior Member ECF Veteran

I wrote a letter to my congressman today. Would be interested in comments and suggestions. I decided I am an active member of the vaping community and it would be selfish of me to not get involved and give back to the community that has given me so much. The thing is I am no professional writer so any comments and suggestions to help me improve for next time.

*note* I had done some research and found out my congressman was openly gay and a strong progressive and human rights advocate, which is why I had the LGBT tie-in if anybody was wondering.

I put my full last name in the email.

2. element9633

element9633 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Looks and sounds very professional! not coming here to critique (<-- is that how you spell it? lol) your letter but I just wanted to say my mom, who is a dental hygienist, hates that I vape. I finally got her to admit that she doesn't like me doing it around her bc it "looks like smoking". lol I hate these viewpoints. I almost feel like she would rather have me smoking than vaping lol

3. cmknight

cmknight Senior Member ECF Veteran

I think it's actually a great letter. Putting the LGBT reference in there does make it more personal, and your congressman should see the similarities between the fight for LGBT rights and vaping rights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.