Not open for further replies.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Mamu.... where do you get those enclosures from..... I like that type of shape

Go to a l i e x p r e s s . c o m (without the spaces - for some reason ECF filters out that web site) and search for power banks. I literally spent days and days and tons of hours searching various sites as well as that web site before finding the Lexi case.

Finding the right enclosure may be somewhat difficult, but we will see...if all else fails I may have to have a CNC guy make the enclosure... I've been power regulated (Darwin-ized) for almost 2 years now, so the 20D just improves on the DNA12....even though anything above 10 watts is over-kill for me....who knows I may try a dual-coil one of these days....

I hear ya, finding the perfect enclosure for the mod has always been the most challenging for me.

I've always vaped at high volts/watts and with the buck converters like the OKR that's been no problem. The converter used in this DNA20D board is doing what other boost converters to date haven't with boost capabilities, power capabilities, and handling current for those of us who do vape at higher watts. I was amazed when I saw the converter boost that single batt to 8v when I was testing various ohms at 20W. It's great!

...Mamu, looks great... any dirty pics of the insides? ;)

Nooooooooo. :laugh:

I will say it's totally packed though. :D

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
just checking the 20D at this point......gotta find an enclosure.....mamu and breaktru are hard acts to follow and as usual I'm behind....

20121217_150503_zps227116d3.jpg

Nice start retird. :thumbs:

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Thanks again guys! :)

5200mAh? Did you take one of the batteries out to make room for the electronics? I am assuming there are 2 cells in the case originally.

The power bank comes with internal dual 18650 batts. They're useless for my mods, so I toss them.

What I used in Lexi is a 1500mAh, 20C li-po batt. It's located beneath the electronics (DNA20D and atty switch).

Mamu, did you pressfit the pot switches? If so, what size is the hole (assuming those are the 300g tact)?

The up/down tact buttons (located on top end cap) are 100g and the LED/flashlight tact button (located on the lower front of the case) is 300g. The hole for both 100g and 300g is 13/64". They're press fit AND epoxied in place.

Sovran

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
State side
Thanks again guys! :)

The power bank comes with internal dual 18650 batts. They're useless for my mods, so I toss them.

What I used in Lexi is a 1500mAh, 20C li-po batt. It's located beneath the electronics (DNA20D and atty switch).
I am a bit new to this. Do the stock batteries not have a high enough discharge rate to suit your needs? That is the only thing I can come up with since 2600 beats out 1500. Please enlighten me.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
I am a bit new to this. Do the stock batteries not have a high enough discharge rate to suit your needs? That is the only thing I can come up with since 2600 beats out 1500. Please enlighten me.

Sure - I would love to use a 2600mAh batt vs 1500mAh batt, but the batts that come with these power banks are not high drain and even if I were to use one 18650 IMR batt I'd have to position all the electronics to one side with the screen flipped vertical rather than horizontal and the batt to the other side within the case. I don't like that layout.

The first Lexi mods I did I used dual 18350 IMR batts in parallel for a total of 1200mAh. The 18350 batts are about half the height of an 18650 batt, so all the electronics went above the batts within the case.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
From the datasheet:

Too low power setting: The DNA 20D puts out a minimum of 4 volts. With low power settings (7 to 8 watts) and low resistance atomizers (below 2 ohms) the DNA will sometimes be unable to provide a low enough power output to be power regulating. If this is the case, the Ohms display will be flashing. The device will still operate.

Sorry if it was covered and I missed it, but is the lowest usable atomizer resistance known at this point?

LucidAce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
right about here, USA
From the datasheet:

Too low power setting: The DNA 20D puts out a minimum of 4 volts. With low power settings (7 to 8 watts) and low resistance atomizers (below 2 ohms) the DNA will sometimes be unable to provide a low enough power output to be power regulating. If this is the case, the Ohms display will be flashing. The device will still operate.

Hmmm, ok. That's interesting that it doesn't go below 4 volts...

So, at this time, there is nothing from literature or observation that suggests it'll automatically shut you out if you go below, for instance, 1.2 ohms like many regulated devices, but instead will only have an issue if the resistance and selected wattage necessitates a voltage below 4? Is that correct?

Thanks, retird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread