LG HB2, HB4 & HB6 Batteries......What's The Difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
All three of these batteries are rated at 30 amps and 1500mah. Other than the color of the wraps is there any significant differences between them? I own a set of each type for use in mechanical tube mods and unregulated boxes and don't really notice any performance difference. :confused:

They are basically the same battery, just different generations of the HB series, the HB2 being the oldest. They have changed the chemistry over the course of the series, more efficiency, different internal methods. As of at this time, the HB6 is different than its 2 and 4 brothers, testing them side by side, the biggest difference is internal temperatures of the batteries at high stress high current loads, HB2 is hotter than the HB4 while the HB6 @30amp CDR full load runs at less than 80C degrees. So if you need to make a choice of which to purchase, go with the HB6, it is the coolest running battery internally than any other 30amp CDR battery at 30amp load.

LG for some reason instead of issuing a new model for slight improvements just changes the Model Number, see it in their HE2 and HE4 (basically the same battery, just the internals changed slightly, the HE4 runs a bit cooler while the HE2 runs a bit longer and holds higher voltage longer) to their HD series HD2, HD2C, and HD4.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
All three of these batteries are rated at 30 amps and 1500mah. Other than the color of the wraps is there any significant differences between them? I own a set of each type for use in mechanical tube mods and unregulated boxes and don't really notice any performance difference. :confused:
Welcome and glad you joined. Here a little more battery fun facts.
Might like to read:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(9) Battery Basics for Mods; the Ultimate Battery Guide | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread