Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Yeah, I was kinda hoping for a bigger upgrade in specs so to speak. Am I reading that correct, that the discharge end voltage is 2.5 volts? Does that mean you can discharge them down to as far as 2.5 volts safely each time if you wanted?

AFAIK, it does mean that. I think they would not last long though. Don't have any actual data on that, just my opinion. All the latest hybrids out there are rated for 2.5V including the 25R, HE2 and the VTC series. I still try to never take them below 3.4V which is under 20% left if I remember correctly. After that voltage drops really fast.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
AFAIK, it does mean that. I think they would not last long though. Don't have any actual data on that, just my opinion. All the latest hybrids out there are rated for 2.5V including the 25R, HE2 and the VTC series. I still try to never take them below 3.4V which is under 20% left if I remember correctly. After that voltage drops really fast.
I think I recall my Vamo back in the day stopping at 2.5 volts. I think modern VV/VW will just off earlier, not fully sure as I use unregulated devices mostly. I try never to go that low myself. Usually I try and change around the 3.4-3.6 mark, since the power drops off hard around that rang it seems.

Was just wondering if I was reading the specs right. Some of those battery spec sheets seem to have voltage statements that are for "voltage under load" conditions, so I wasn't sure if I was reading it right. It's good to have a hard number on "how low can you go" kinda thing so you know at what level you should through the battery out if you ever drain it to much. anyone that's been vaping with mechs for a while knows to change batteries often, but I'm sure we've all been at that point we're we went lower than we normally do or wanted to go.... like, maybe when making some new coils and pulsing, squeezing, and trying to dial a good one in. Then you throw it on the charger and are like "damn, should of switched out sooner", lol.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
I wouldn't go below 3.4v or so on any battery. With the newer regulated mods that's where they cut off and say check battery.
Also after running he4 and he2 in my Ipv3 the he2 last longer.

Agreed. Mine usually go in the charger at 3.4v regardless of whether they've come out of a regulated or mech device.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Yeah, I'm pretty good at telling were I'm at on a battery charge by now. I seem to throw them on the charger at like 3.4 or 3.6v. That's when I get home from work. If I'm just chilling at home in my vape cave I'll switch at like 3.8v just because I'm near all the batteries and charger.

If I'm desperate and I'm on my last battery and not at home, I'll run her down to 3.2 or 3.0. Usually by that time it's almost better to drip the juice in my mouth than my atty. I always keep a few batteries in my backpack at all times.

Haven't used a car charger yet, although a couple I've had came with a cigarette port adapter for that purpose. I just trust it for some reason.

dragonsdeath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm about to order another pair and was gonna get the HE4s this time, but what's this about the HE2s lasting longer?? Im so happy with the HE2s I figured the 4s would rock??!
I've had 2 pair of he4, and currently have a pair of he2 and MXJO's which are rewraped he2. They last longer in my ipv3 than the he4's did by any where from 2-4 hours depending on how heavy I'm vaping.

dragonsdeath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
How much difference was there and how did you test it?
Just real world use. Ipv3 70w with a 0.32ohm build. If put in fresh in the morning at 7am by 8pm that evening he4's had to be changed out. He2's I can put in at 7am and they will go till next morning before needing changed out.

I've never used them in a mech so not sure what the difference would be there.

Last edited:

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Just real world use. Ipv3 70w with a 0.32ohm build. If put in fresh in the morning at 7am by 8pm that evening he4's had to be changed out. He2's I can put in at 7am and they will go till next morning before needing changed out.

I've never used them in a mech so not sure what the difference would be there.
Damn.. At 12w in my Vamo my HE2s last a day and a half. Maybe I'll just get another pair of those instead..

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Good info guys, thanks!

I think most modern single 18650 regulated mods start warning you around 3.5v. It was my understanding was that 2.5v was your cutoff under load, but its been a while since I've looked at that.

I'll be following to see what people think of the LG HE4s :)

I'm no battery expert but I do my best to get my batteries on the charger before the dip below 3.5v. Usually They are on the charger between 3.6 and 3.7v as that is where the vape starts to get anemic with my higher builds.
I stay under the continous discharge rating on my batteries (under 20amps on my LG HE2s and Under 30 amps on my VTC 5s).. I'm more of a flavor chaser, but I enjoy clouds on occation. Even with the cloud builds I dont dip below .2ohms - so I'm generally under 20amps (use vtc's with those just to be safe). My "flavor" builds are usually around 1.4ohms single or around .7ohms dual. even at .6ohms I'm barely pulling 7 amps, which is plenty of room for error.

I dont mess around with trying to find the best price on my batteries. I only order from RTDvapor and I only order batteries branded by the manufacture (except I do have a few AWIMRs 18350s, but they get top quality from the runs I believe). LG, Sony, Samsung - I wont mess with MNKE, eFest or other battery wrappers, I just dont see the need. I have 4 LGs and 2 VTC5s in rotation. the 18350s only get occasional use on my stealth setup. I kill about 1.5 to 2 18650s a day, and charge every other day or so. I'll probably get some 25r's in the next few months, just so I have some extra high quality batteries on hand.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
I have noticed that the LG HE4's and HE2'S seem to benefit from a slow half amp charge quite a bit more than other batteries I've owned (sony, samsung, etc.). Has anyone else noticed this? I have a charger that I can pick between 0.5amp, 1amp, and 2amp (only on 26650). With most batteries I noticed a little better life/vape time with half amp charge.... but with these HE's it's a big difference.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I have noticed that the LG HE4's and HE2'S seem to benefit from a slow half amp charge quite a bit more than other batteries I've owned (sony, samsung, etc.). Has anyone else noticed this? I have a charger that I can pick between 0.5amp, 1amp, and 2amp (only on 26650). With most batteries I noticed a little better life/vape time with half amp charge.... but with these HE's it's a big difference.

That's good to know. I usually charge all my 18650s at 1 amp. I'll try a half amp on my he2s.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Some good info on the HE4 in this video posted today (along with some not-so-flattering info on MXJO and Efest 2500mAh batteries):

He shows the HE4 has a different performance curve than the HE2, so there has been some significant changes. And that new curve is superior to the HE2 at every point past fully charged.

It's also a better performer than the Samsung 25R across the board.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Some good info on the HE4 in this video posted today (along with some not-so-flattering info on MXJO and Efest 2500mAh batteries):

He shows the HE4 has a different performance curve than the HE2, so there has been some significant changes. And that new curve is superior to the HE2 at every point past fully charged.

It's also a better performer than the Samsung 25R across the board.

And what two batteries is this guy saying is the type c batteries? at the part at 11:51 in the vid, i cant seem to quite catch what he's saying.

One thing thats had me baffled for a while now, what the hell is the point in anyone doing curve graphs on batteries when all you can really see is the part of the graph and well past the point at which most dont even use the battery. Surely a graph on all batteries from 4.2v to 3.6v is what everyone here is really interested in and also not just 5A & 10A test's, test's all the way up to 30A+. Surely this is the way forward and a way to keep everyone on the safe route.
If i have missed something and there is a reason for the interesting part's of these graph's not to be shown then i'll wind my neck in and shuttup.
If i had the money or equipment i'd do it myself but then i wouldnt even know what equipment i'd need :/

Thanks

DennyMK

Feb 9, 2015
Macedonia
Ordered 10 x XTVTC4 IMR18650 25A from authorized seller hkequipment for US$89.50 via Paypal , free shipping with tracking number. Their Skype ID is: hkequipment. I already bought a charger XTAR VP2 from them 8 months ago and I'm very satisfied with the quality.
This is just an attempt to help the fellow vapers, not an advertisement. @ the admins: Please just remove the message if it doesn't meet the rules. Thank you!

Last edited:

Haadkoe

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2011
I had been running a pair of efest 2500mah in my mech for a while, which are rewrapped lg he2's. Picked up a pair of lg he4's about a week ago to try out. At first I would have sworn that the he4's weren't holding their charge as long as the he2's, but I did an impromptu test after using them for a week or so.

Fresh off of the charger I chain vaped a he2 for 1 hour. Put it back on the charger and it read 3.8v. Pulled an he4 off of the charger, chain vaped for an hour, put it back on the charger and it read 3.8v.

Not exactly scientific, but close enough for me.

I'm thinking that I was either mistaken when I thought the he4's weren't lasting as long, or they just required a few charge cycles before they started performing at their best. Either way, I'm satisfied. Might grab a pair of Samsung's next for comparisons sake, but I'm not in any hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread