LH HG2 - How to spot fakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Check the top white insulating rings. They should have a matte/textured surface and not be shiny. They should also be off white and not bright white but that can be hard to judge. Lastly, they must be free-floating and not glued to the battery. This can be tough to check without rewrapping the battery though.

Reactions: Darth Omerta

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Hi Mooch.

The rings are definitely matte and textured, but they seem to be white, not off-white.

Can't really tell if they are free floating, as you said.

Sounds like we can't tell yet. You'll have to rewrap them to know for sure. Or, compare their performance to known genuine ones.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    There is no easy way of distinguishing a fake battery. Poor performance is highly subjective and counterfeiters are pretty good. You can improve your chances by buying from reputable dealers, or looking for the following branding under the wrapper.

KERjI5b.jpg

Reactions: Darth Omerta

Andromendous

ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2014
    Oklahoma, USA
    Is orbtronic still a reputable dealer? I just got 5 HG2's in from them, I have a few that are pretty old, but havent used them a whole lot since i got them until now, the wrappers are a little different, almost a lighter brown, hard to tell, but its there, and there is a line that goes down the side i guess a crease from the PVC being flat, then opened up.? But, they do appear to be brand new, the top insulator is matte and textured, and the positive cap appears to be IDENTICAL to the old ones. Oh yeah, and the print on the side is definitely different, very dark and smaller than the old ones, which were lighter and bigger font. I know companies will change things overtime, maybe they changed a few things with the wrap? Thats really the only thing that is different.

EDIT: I also weighed them, the new ones are 46g and the old ones are 44, can time make them lose weight? lol

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread