The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

License to sell?

Discussion in 'Law and the E-Cigarette' started by roxics, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. roxics

    roxics Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

    Nov 25, 2009
    Detroit MI
    Does one need to acquire some type of tobacco license or nicotine license to sell e-cigs?
  2. AaronCooper

    AaronCooper Senior Member ECF Veteran

    Dec 10, 2009
    I would assume no, because you are not selling tabacco, although i'm not sure if there's a ruling on nicotine. I doubt there is any license needed at the moment, although i know that it won't last.
  3. Mac

    Mac Ultra Member ECF Veteran

    Currently, a standard business license is all you need to retail. I do not believe any license whatsoever is required for online.
  4. 77fro

    77fro Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

    Jan 15, 2010
    C T
    is this for sure does eny one know
  5. ChipCurtis

    ChipCurtis Senior Member ECF Veteran

    Nov 4, 2009
    As things stand now, Mac is right.

    We await in the FDA vs SE/NJOY case the outcome of how these devices will be classified. But don't hold your breath. There will be appeal upon appeal, and FDA has practically unlimited resources to continue their filibuster on e-cigs. You can use this interim period to start up your e-cig business, but you also need to keep up on all the legal crap or else you could one day find yourself shut down or worse.

    The current wisdom on here is that they should be classified as tobacco product (which is where Judge Leon is going with this) and that we would eventually have to get the proper license to sell reduced-harm tobacco products. That would be a far better outcome than if these end up in the hands of Big Pharma as drug-delivery devices, in which case you could kiss your business goodbye.

    Like anybody else wanting to make money in this business, you gotta do your homework and keep up with what the lawyers are up to. That's the shimmy and the shizzle of it.
  6. TimAce

    TimAce Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

    In the USA all you should need is to go to sunbiz dot org. apply for an EIN number also known as a TIN. you also need to become an LLC or an S-corp.
  7. UntamedRose

    UntamedRose PV Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

    Supporting member
    Mar 23, 2010
    Homeish now
    Depends upon your state laws.
    I know for CA a tobacco license Will be required very soon.
  8. Nyxie

    Nyxie Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

    May 3, 2009
    Port Richey, Fl. is for Florida businesses.
  9. TimAce

    TimAce Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

    oops :) yea check with your state laws.... i guess florida is easy to do hopefully where your at it will be just as simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page