RDA Limitless RDTA vs Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecs.chiriac

Jan 21, 2016
Hello there. I started this thread to talk about the Limitless series.

Currently I use a smok TFV4 with the single rba deck on a Cuboid. I like this tank a lot. The amount of vapour it produces is amazing, however I started to look more for flavour because I feel like the flavour I get from it is quite muted.

I came across the Limitless RDTA and it's upgraded version Plus. Unfortunately, in my country I can hardly find a Plus version, and also I found a quite interesting offer: 25$ for a simple version.

My question is: can you give me some suggestions, if the Plus version is worth it over the simple version, taking in account the little availability and more than 10 dollars difference in price. Thanks!

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Hey Slippy, long time... I hadn't put my Limitless RDTA (original) down, nor have I really picked an RDA up, since I got mine. After two of the screws stripped in my original (and realizing that I was solely building and relying on one atomizer every day) I decided to pick up the new Limitless RDTA Plus. And I have to say that I'm kind of skeptical of a few things...

So I got black in both versions (bandana in the Plus and not by choice :/). In the original it seems they used a much better painting (anodizing?) method as it is all black all over with no signs of flaking or spray. The Plus I got has visual signs of overspray on the inside of the barrel and edges of the airflow slots. Overall lower quality?

Anyway, my main concern is of these new "colored titanium screws". Why?! Don't we only vape titanium wire in temp control because of possible poisonous Ti oxide formation? How can these be safe? And the blue coating they put on them has already started to flake off on my first build.

Anyone else notice/share these concerns?

Edit: I just checked "under the hood" after my first 4-5 vapes on this thing and the titanium screws that came blue are now a dark grey color... What is going on...?

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Hey Slippy, long time... I hadn't put my Limitless RDTA (original) down, nor have I really picked an RDA up, since I got mine. After two of the screws stripped in my original (and realizing that I was solely building and relying on one atomizer every day) I decided to pick up the new Limitless RDTA Plus. And I have to say that I'm kind of skeptical of a few things...

So I got black in both versions (bandana in the Plus and not by choice :/). In the original it seems they used a much better painting (anodizing?) method as it is all black all over with no signs of flaking or spray. The Plus I got has visual signs of overspray on the inside of the barrel and edges of the airflow slots. Overall lower quality?

Anyway, my main concern is of these new "colored titanium screws". Why?! Don't we only vape titanium wire in temp control because of possible poisonous Ti oxide formation? How can these be safe? And the blue coating they put on them has already started to flake off on my first build.

Anyone else notice/share these concerns?

Edit: I just checked "under the hood" after my first 4-5 vapes on this thing and the titanium screws that came blue are now a dark grey color... What is going on...?

Hey JJ mate :)

Yeah i have the stnd and the plus both in black also, i know what you mean about the plus looking a little shabby on the paintwork on the edge at the very bottom of the cap but that paint on mine is slowly getting worn off leaving a nice edge, none of the paint on the outside of the cap has come off though, its a shame they didn't also paint the outside of the airflow so it matched but i kind of like it cus if i'm refilling in the dark i can just make out where the airflow is when i go to put the cap back on.
My screws have stayed blue or just off blue and ive vaped builds down to 0.07ohms on a mech, i haven't had any paint or anything flake off them, i kind off shared your concerns about the Ti but i'm in the thinking that whatever the case it can't be as bad as actually having the Ti in contact with the juice or wick, i think you would need to worry if the screws starting going ash colour which i don't think is gonna happen.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
The Battle deck also has Ti screws which i don't mind using if i ever put the limitless's i have down but i'm not to sure what the thinking is behind using it for the screws, wether its just for the looks of the different colour screws or someone thinks that it has better contact properties which i highly doubt and even if it did i can't see it would make that much a difference for us! god knows!! :D

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Here's a pic of mine, very dull blue but still dark enough that I don't feel threatened
image.jpeg

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Yeah. Idk what's going on with mine if yours are still kind of blue. I opened it, gave every piece a nice wash with dishwash soap and water, rinsed, dried, popped a spaced all SS fused clapton in ohming out to 0.15. Heated it slightly at 20 watts till the coils just slightly tinged brown in the center and then wicked it.

At this point my screws were still blue. Juiced, popped the cap on and preceded to vape. After no more than 5 toots, I popped the cap off and noticed that the screws were now this:

bdf06c334a67efc52a20deba5912f984.jpg

I realize that in the picture that the screws look slightly blue but remember they come bright almost neon blue. These things turned dark grey after 5 vapes. Temp control vapes BTW. 70 watts at 420 degrees F.

And Slippy I think they do pose a concern if they are heated enough. We know the screws don't get nearly as hot as the coils but the coils are juiced and wicked. And if the screws do get to a dangerous temperature, I don't think it matters if they are in contact with the juice or wick. If any dangerous vapors do form, they'll get carried right into our lungs when we take a toot.

I too just don't understand the need to use titanium for this application. I hope I didn't get a clone. I got it from the only USA vendor that had it in stock last week (Vapor Tek?) and everything looks legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Here's a pic of mine, very dull blue but still dark enough that I don't feel threatened View attachment 584605

What wire is all in that pretty alien of yours there?

On another note: I noticed that the flavor in the Plus isn't as good as the original for me so far. I even used one gauge bigger wire in my fused claptons and upped my temp and wattage by 5 to kind of compensate for the slightly larger chamber.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Yeah. Idk what's going on with mine if yours are still kind of blue. I opened it, gave every piece a nice wash with dishwash soap and water, rinsed, dried, popped a spaced all SS fused clapton in ohming out to 0.15. Heated it slightly at 20 watts till the coils just slightly tinged brown in the center and then wicked it.

At this point my screws were still blue. Juiced, popped the cap on and preceded to vape. After no more than 5 toots, I popped the cap off and noticed that the screws were now this:

bdf06c334a67efc52a20deba5912f984.jpg

I realize that in the picture that the screws look slightly blue but remember they come bright almost neon blue. These things turned dark grey after 5 vapes. Temp control vapes BTW. 70 watts at 420 degrees F.

And Slippy I think they do pose a concern if they are heated enough. We know the screws don't get nearly as hot as the coils but the coils are juiced and wicked. And if the screws do get to a dangerous temperature, I don't think it matters if they are in contact with the juice or wick. If any dangerous vapors do form, they'll get carried right into our lungs when we take a toot.

I too just don't understand the need to use titanium for this application. I hope I didn't get a clone. I got it from the only USA vendor that had it in stock last week (Vapor Tek?) and everything looks legit.

Its probably worth changing the screws for peace of mind but i won't be rushing to do it, when you build a Ti coil and you heat it it will go through the process of colour change as you send more heat through it and as we know the ash grey/white colour is a bad sign, when you heat up Ti it starts to go blue then will go light blue and then dull grey and then onto that light ash colour! when you look at the Ti screws they haven't changed from that dark colour so in my eyes they are far from that bad stage.

That build is 3x 24g kanthal with 32g wrap, the coil is 2.5id and 0.13ohms, i'm running it on a dual parallel mech. it's real tasty But even with only using a single coil i'm guzzling juice at a rapid rate :D

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
What wire is all in that pretty alien of yours there?

On another note: I noticed that the flavor in the Plus isn't as good as the original for me so far. I even used one gauge bigger wire in my fused claptons and upped my temp and wattage by 5 to kind of compensate for the slightly larger chamber.

Yeah i found the same thing after using the original for a while before hand, maybe try a single coil with the deck plug or whatever its called to reduce the chamber like i have, like said its real good! But i think its what you get used to cus now i go back to the original with the two coils and it doesnt taste as good as the plus with the single lol

So! i see you going the spaced coil route, at first i thought you had paralleled it. What power are you running through those beauty's?

Last edited:

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
Mine came today, went with the Black Bandana since the solid colors seem to be AWOL. Great atty, only had single coils built for now, so popped a twisted 2x24ga with .5 ribbon (sort of a hybrid Tiger wire) in there and it vapes nice for a single coil. I will probably put some dual fused in there this weekend, I have some more wire coming in this week.

ZOD37mFl.jpg

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Yeah i found the same thing after using the original for a while before hand, maybe try a single coil with the deck plug or whatever its called to reduce the chamber like i have, like said its real good! But i think its what you get used to cus now i go back to the original with the two coils and it doesnt taste as good as the plus with the single lol

So! i see you going the spaced coil route, at first i thought you had paralleled it. What power are you running through those beauty's?

Thanks for calling them beauties lol. I think they're rather shoddy work. So currently I'm doing 70 watts on a DNA200 at 410 degrees.

Ever since I got my first limitless I've been trying to work out a build to give me the perfect balance IMO of flavor and juice consumption. On my original I'd settled on 27g/36g all SS316 2.5mm ID fused claptons spaced 8 wraps at a smooth 60-65 watt 410-450 degrees F. I built bigger gauge in the Plus to try to achieve the same flavor without having to increase wattage much but I'm not super impressed yet. BTW I do spaced to help out the temp control though surprisingly I have had much luck with contact SS fused claptons even on a non-dna mod (rx200) as well.

Anyway, I do want to try the single coil option for sure sometime with this. I'm just worried I either won't like the airflow, or that the flavor will be noticeably lesser than with duals. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread