RDA Limitless RDTA vs Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Thanks for calling them beauties lol. I think they're rather shoddy work. So currently I'm doing 70 watts on a DNA200 at 410 degrees.

Ever since I got my first limitless I've been trying to work out a build to give me the perfect balance IMO of flavor and juice consumption. On my original I'd settled on 27g/36g all SS316 2.5mm ID fused claptons spaced 8 wraps at a smooth 60-65 watt 410-450 degrees F. I built bigger gauge in the Plus to try to achieve the same flavor without having to increase wattage much but I'm not super impressed yet. BTW I do spaced to help out the temp control though surprisingly I have had much luck with contact SS fused claptons even on a non-dna mod (rx200) as well.

Anyway, I do want to try the single coil option for sure sometime with this. I'm just worried I either won't like the airflow, or that the flavor will be noticeably lesser than with duals. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i have both of them in singe coil mode now and i quite like it But i wouldn't say that i'm using any less juice than before, it's probably due to having Hot builds that are trying to cool themselves down through soaking up juice, on the upside of this the wick is staying super clean and as i DIY my juice anyway the amount of juice being used isn't an issue here, i did think there was gonna be an issue with the airflow though as the plug doesn't actually plug up the airflow tightly, it sits very close to the airflow, maybe 2mm away by the looks of it, this is the problem with any kind of atty that has the airflow control on the inside of the chamber Even on rda's because it ends up making you situate the coil a little further from the airflow and compromising flavour, having said this, a lot of the attys now use very thin metal for the airflow control.
You should try a single but maybe start off with the airflow around half of what you normally use and go from there, the deck plug will increase flavour anyway by decreasing the chamber size.
I've set my limitless up on my mod so that when i take a pull the coil is facing the ground, i screwed it onto the mod and took note of which side would be best to build.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Well i have both of them in singe coil mode now and i quite like it But i wouldn't say that i'm using any less juice than before, it's probably due to having Hot builds that are trying to cool themselves down through soaking up juice, on the upside of this the wick is staying super clean and as i DIY my juice anyway the amount of juice being used isn't an issue here, i did think there was gonna be an issue with the airflow though as the plug doesn't actually plug up the airflow tightly, it sits very close to the airflow, maybe 2mm away by the looks of it, this is the problem with any kind of atty that has the airflow control on the inside of the chamber Even on rda's because it ends up making you situate the coil a little further from the airflow and compromising flavour, having said this, a lot of the attys now use very thin metal for the airflow control.
You should try a single but maybe start off with the airflow around half of what you normally use and go from there, the deck plug will increase flavour anyway by decreasing the chamber size.
I've set my limitless up on my mod so that when i take a pull the coil is facing the ground, i screwed it onto the mod and took note of which side would be best to build.

That's a good idea. I built a single coil from some throwaway leftover fused clapton and didn't take mind to which side to build on. But I suppose it doesn't matter because when on my favorite mod, you have to hold it sideways to get the coil to face the ground.

Anyway I shouldn't have thrown this leftover clapton in here because I'm getting dry hits almost every pull today at work. I'm pretty sure it's because 1/3 of the coil had the outer wire unravel off it so is heating up hotter and faster than the rest of the coil. Sound logic?

I'll try again with a fresh build tonight. I truly hope it's the coil and not just that I can't get a single coil to wick well in this tank. I like taking 4-5 second pulls BTW.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
That's a good idea. I built a single coil from some throwaway leftover fused clapton and didn't take mind to which side to build on. But I suppose it doesn't matter because when on my favorite mod, you have to hold it sideways to get the coil to face the ground.

Anyway I shouldn't have thrown this leftover clapton in here because I'm getting dry hits almost every pull today at work. I'm pretty sure it's because 1/3 of the coil had the outer wire unravel off it so is heating up hotter and faster than the rest of the coil. Sound logic?

I'll try again with a fresh build tonight. I truly hope it's the coil and not just that I can't get a single coil to wick well in this tank. I like taking 4-5 second pulls BTW.

Yeah it has to be the coil, probably a short/hot leg, when you unwick it you could give it a little fire to see whats happening, i've had no issues using either dual or single, i did up the coil id from 2.5 to 3mm for the single, i think im running at 0.13ohms on the mech, i can take 4s pulls But its better with a few 2s pulls, she keeps up well!
What id do you use?

This is the other single build, It's a framed staple, I think it was 26g Kanthal frames, 8x .4 ribbon then 34g ss316 wrap
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Taowulf

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Yeah it has to be the coil, probably a short/hot leg, when you unwick it you could give it a little fire to see whats happening, i've had no issues using either dual or single, i did up the coil id from 2.5 to 3mm for the single, i think im running at 0.13ohms on the mech, i can take 4s pulls But its better with a few 2s pulls, she keeps up well!
What id do you use?

This is the other single build, It's a framed staple, I think it was 26g Kanthal frames, 8x .4 ribbon then 34g ss316 wrap View attachment 585653 View attachment 585655

Your coils always look so good :/. I never ventured past fused claptons. Anyway I rebuilt my Plus. I couldn't resist just going back to duals. Was able to fit 9 spaced wraps 26/36 in it though.
8799ec596684540ad1c1d264dfd3b29f.jpg

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
It puzzles me why something so very not a genny is posted about in the genesis forum when such atomizers have their own forums.

Puzzles me too as to why someone would take the time to post a gripe about it instead of reporting it so it can be moved.

Moving this to RDA

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Puzzles me too as to why someone would take the time to post a gripe about it instead of reporting it so it can be moved.

Moving this to RDA

Allow me to answer that.

It's because as long as I have been on ECF genny users and forums have been walked all over by dripper and cotton enthusiasts who just want to drown us out and shut us down for the sake of their vaping thing, and they don't care for forum decorum or manners at all as they go about it. They rudely intrude into our forums walking all over us with THEIR THING, and make their contempt for us plain for all to see.

We do NOT do that to them! THEY DO IT TO US CONTINUALLY.

I've NEVER posted about a genny in any RDA or RDTA forum, nor has anyone else I've ever seen here, yet those people continually invade our forum to shove their thing in our faces.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Your coils always look so good :/. I never ventured past fused claptons. Anyway I rebuilt my Plus. I couldn't resist just going back to duals. Was able to fit 9 spaced wraps 26/36 in it though.
8799ec596684540ad1c1d264dfd3b29f.jpg

Are you doing better now you've gone back to your tried and tested setup? btw they also look good :)

I ended up putting a build together yesterday another single coil build and thought i'd try it in the plus and if it didn't work out i'd revert back to previous build but its so dam good! The only thing i did have to do was take it off the mech and use it on a the regulated which i'm doing now at anything between 50-70w.. heres a pic
image.jpeg

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Allow me to answer that.

It's because as long as I have been on ECF genny users and forums have been walked all over by dripper and cotton enthusiasts who just want to drown us out and shut us down for the sake of their vaping thing, and they don't care for forum decorum or manners at all as they go about it. They rudely intrude into our forums walking all over us with THEIR THING, and make their contempt for us plain for all to see.

We do NOT do that to them! THEY DO IT TO US CONTINUALLY.

I've NEVER posted about a genny in any RDA or RDTA forum, nor has anyone else I've ever seen here, yet those people continually invade our forum to shove their thing in our faces.

Feel better now ?
Sometimes people mispost - it's a fact of forum life.
Helping each other instead of attacking is the method of choice on ECF.
People taking things into their own hands is neither courteous, helpful or approved.

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
It puzzles me why something so very not a genny is posted about in the genesis forum when such atomizers have their own forums.
It also puzzles me as to why you would quote me and direct your question at me when i didn't even start the thread :lol:
Just WOW!!!!

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Feel better now ?
Sometimes people mispost - it's a fact of forum life.
Helping each other instead of attacking is the method of choice on ECF.
People taking things into their own hands is neither courteous, helpful or approved.

Thank your for your views, and have an acceptable day.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Are you doing better now you've gone back to your tried and tested setup? btw they also look good :)

I ended up putting a build together yesterday another single coil build and thought i'd try it in the plus and if it didn't work out i'd revert back to previous build but its so dam good! The only thing i did have to do was take it off the mech and use it on a the regulated which i'm doing now at anything between 50-70w.. heres a pic View attachment 586289

So clean man... Well at first it was weird because the vape was so saturated it took a little while to get used to it. The thing is, besides the wicking problem with my failed single coil, I was actually enjoying the vape at 45 watts. I wish I could do single in my original limitless cause I want to definitely try single again. I'll just wait for these duals to die and I'll probably try a good single coil again.

I just never went past fused claptons because I don't find the work worth it for the vape IMHO. I appreciate the art but these days I whip out fused claptons as quick as I can when I absolutely need to just do I can get back to other stuff in my life lol. If I had more time I think I'd delve into the harder builds though.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
So clean man... Well at first it was weird because the vape was so saturated it took a little while to get used to it. The thing is, besides the wicking problem with my failed single coil, I was actually enjoying the vape at 45 watts. I wish I could do single in my original limitless cause I want to definitely try single again. I'll just wait for these duals to die and I'll probably try a good single coil again.

I just never went past fused claptons because I don't find the work worth it for the vape IMHO. I appreciate the art but these days I whip out fused claptons as quick as I can when I absolutely need to just do I can get back to other stuff in my life lol. If I had more time I think I'd delve into the harder builds though.

Didn't you also get a deck plug or whatever it is they call it for your original?

I don't know if i also mentioned this J but i also like 2.5id coils but when i tried with a single it wasn't quite hitting the spot but it was much better at 3mm although i don't really like dual 3mm.

:)

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Didn't you also get a deck plug or whatever it is they call it for your original?

I don't know if i also mentioned this J but i also like 2.5id coils but when i tried with a single it wasn't quite hitting the spot but it was much better at 3mm although i don't really like dual 3mm.

:)
My original didn't come with the plug. I thought they didn't make one for the original?! If they do, I didn't get one in my package. Did you?

And out of curiosity, why specifically don't you really like dual 3mm in the Plus?

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
I'm pretty sure the original version was not designed with a single coil option. As a note, I purchased two originals and neither included a single coil option.

It's strange cus i got the original from ftech, it sais authentic but when i read the spec and look at the pic on there i dont see or hear any mention of the plug But i defo have the deck plug :D and its not the one from the plus because that ones also in use and i think they are dif sizes anyway.

My original didn't come with the plug. I thought they didn't make one for the original?! If they do, I didn't get one in my package. Did you?

And out of curiosity, why specifically don't you really like dual 3mm in the Plus?

It's not just the plus its all attys, 2.5id is my sweet spot, 3mm just tastes a little to wet and lifeless, i'm still trying to put my finger on why the single 3mm is working out okay so far, i'm guessing that its because i normally use a mech to run my dual 2.5id and take short pulls while the battery voltage is high, i have the single 3mm in the plus on a regulated but i'm only running it at 60 ish watts, if it was on a mech i'd be at maybe 90w but that last build i showed you i'm still using is way to hot on a mech, maybe it just comes down to the coil i'm using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread