Links to e-cig related legal/medical information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK

pillbox38

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Kate do me a favour please.. can you upload the pdf i sent of the wicked bottles... i have no idea how to do it.. Im interested in Trop Bobs thoughts on it.. Bob it goes some way to covering some of the issues raised on the Wicked thread..

Also from my next delivery all are coming with childproof tops....

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Okay, read it over. Love the "test results are for this sample only" disclaimer. So much for quality assurance (need random regulatory testing for that).

If you remember from the germ-killing vapor papers, the lungs in mice are not comparable to human lungs. Only tests on primates would be comparable. (Thats' what set off little miss-what's-her-face). Those primate tests were done in 1941 and there's no reason on earth to believe they are not applicable today. The monkeys were fine. They did fine. Mice did fine, too. Well, they should.

This proves to me .. that I should not use exhaled e-cig vapor as a mouse killer.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Yes, I did see the intragastric test procedure, which really doesn't address how we use it. I guess this tells me this liquid is not poisonous if I drink it in the quantity used in the test. Not sure how much that is in human amounts. But I don't drink it. I inhale it after vaporization. We need a different test.

Again, it's been done. PG is not a problem. Nicotine we know about. So what else is there to worry about beyond production protections? This kind of test doesn't really concern me ....

To be absolutely honest. The lack of testing on these devices is the only thing that concerns me somewhat. I am reasonably happy that they are less harmful than cigarettes, but then most things are. lol

i will be happier when these have been tested and classified. Then they can havelabels on the e-liquid that classifies them in regard to their hazard level. They are neve going to be 0 hazard because of the nicotine. But at least we might then have an idea.

bobbertonIND

Mar 3, 2009
i know im bringing up a thread that has long since dropped out of public view, but as a note on the ruyan article, it was financed by ruyan itself.

not that the findings are not promising, but the whole reason for independent research documentation is to avoid influence from benefactors. researchers will often skew results simply because they feel they owe something to the financier of their research. so i feel this research, though promising looking, should be taken with a grain of salt.

i would love to see an independent firm conduct a study on PG, VG, and efluid intake as a whole based on vaporization at temperatures relevant to the use. i have seen other articles referencing vaporization at 80 deg C. but from what i have seen, this has not happened, and wont happen without significant interest in the product.

the simple fact that i want to know is whether significant amounts of PG, VG or the other ingredients in e-liquid alter their chemical composition at the temperature of vaporization at the atomiser. or if they are not altered, if they are broken down quickly and whether they pose a threat to the body or its organs of operation.

as i would assume currently, the main ingredients apart from the nicotine, being VG or PG would not cause the body harm if chemical alterations do not occur. albeit, PG being a suspected toxicant and irritant if inhaled.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
It's a sad scientific fact of life that most research today is financed by the company hoping to make a profit from marketing an end product. Big Pharma does this all the time.

Our reason to trust? A researcher's professional reputation is on the line with every report issued for peer review. If facts are twisted or misstated, you can bet peers with opposing views will tear that researcher apart. I think you can trust the Ruyan-funded research to be truthful in what is publicly presented -- but that might not be everything uncovered in the research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread