Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Ok I e been thinking for some time I want to try my hand at building a lipo PWM mod. Before I order anything I want to understand it. I'm familiar with ohms law and how it works with 18650's but lipos are different so how do you figure out how many amps and watts it's going to put out and how to build coils appropriately. Anything else I need to know about the lipo mods feel free to comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
A Lipo is just a different battery chemistry, ohm's law still works the same. They're configured differently, usually in rectangular packs of cells configured in series or parallel, and generally they'll deliver more instantaneous or continuous amps over their discharge curve/ratings. The higher amp capability give you opportunity to do some different builds but you really don't have to. They usually hold cell voltage better to the end of their discharge rating.
To figure the available discharge rating, take the battery's "C" rating and multiply by the amp-hour rating. For example, a 11.1V 3S (3 cells in series) battery rated at 1300 mah (1.3 A-h) with a 30C rating will do 39 amps continuous (that's about 400W, but don't you dare do that).

Last edited:

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I don't care about mega watts. I like the exotic coils builds and the problem I have is the long ramp up time. I e seen and read that with lipo mods you don't have the ramp up time and that's the main thing I'm interested in building one. That and the longer battery life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread