LIST of Capella Flavor Percentages

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
I did not find a thread that kept an ongoing list of flavor percentages for Capella Flavors so I thought I would create one like the one used in the TPA flavoring thread. I did find consensus on several of the flavors I just bought in the “Capella's Ratings and Percentages” thread but I could not find a comprehensive list. I used that thread as a starting point for the flavors I was just trying. I'm sure we can cull a lot of data from that thread to add to the list. I only searched for the new flavors I had and added the flavors I had already worked with.

The minimum information for the list, which I will carry forward from time to time should be flavor name, percentage and rating 1 to 5 out of 5 with 5 being the highest rating. Feel free to make a note of additives if you can express it as a percentage. Indicating the VG content, especially if you make your liquids out of the 30% to 50% VG range, and the nicotine level is suggested as well as suggested steeping times. Please distinguish between “shelve” steeping and “active” steeping. I call it active steeping if you leave the liquid with the cap (and nipple if any) off and shake it a few times a day and shelf steeping if you just put it aside for a period of time. When you have a contribution to the list please you make a copy the list, add your flavor data alphabetically and post it. I reserve the option to edit the list's data based on my experience and consensus of other posters.

Comments such as “too strong”, “too week at maximum VG” etc., detailed reviews, recipes and chit chat are also welcome as long as it related to Capella flavors used in eliquids. I am sure there are a lot of people with more experience with Capella flavors than I have so please contribute.

Capella Flavor Percentages List

Cake Batter 14%, AP (acetyl pyrazine) 1%, 5/5 at 65%VG 17mg (4/5 without AP)

Espresso, 14% EM (ethyl maltol) 2%, 3/5 at 65%VG 15mg

Fig, 18% EM 7% 2/5 at 65%VG

Vanilla Custard 16%, 5/5 at 65%VG 17mg

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
These are flavors I made tonight using percentages recommended in other threads. so far i like them but i will probably wait awhile before i add them to the list. all made at 68%VG 17mg

Bostom Cream Pie 10%
Chocolate Fudge Brownie 10%
French Toast 15%
Sugar Cookie 15%
Vanilla Cupcake 20%

I will probably try some AP with them after i see how they stand alone.
I also got Peanut Butter and Caramel but haven't researched recommendations on those yet. Any input greatly appreciated.

DrewGrimey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
san jose
These are flavors I made tonight using percentages recommended in other threads. so far i like them but i will probably wait awhile before i add them to the list. all made at 68%VG 17mg

Bostom Cream Pie 10%
Chocolate Fudge Brownie 10%
French Toast 15%
Sugar Cookie 15%
Vanilla Cupcake 20%

I will probably try some AP with them after i see how they stand alone.
I also got Peanut Butter and Caramel but haven't researched recommendations on those yet. Any input greatly appreciated.

Would also like to know how you like these flavors as far as taste goes... My order comes in this monday and I think caramel will be the one I try first maybe with a touch of vanilla custard or french vanilla. But most likely I'm going to try them solo at first so I'd love to hear what you think about the percentages.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Good God, you guys use Chocolate Fudge Brownie at 10%?! :blink:

I use it at 0.5%-1%, and sometimes less. From what I've tried, I'd maybe say:

Chocolate Fudge Brownie - 0.5-1%
Vanilla Custard - 1-3%
Sweet Strawberry - 3-5%
Strawberries and Cream - 2-4%
Hot Cocoa - 1-5% (depending on how you're using it, mixer, or alone)
Chocolate Glazed Doughnut - 5-8%
Graham Cracker - 1-5% (same as the Hot Cocoa)
Snick Snack - Inconclusive (I didn't really care too much for it, but I had tried it at 2.5%, so, maybe more needed?)

Is all I can remember off the top of my head :)

Edit: I appears that either I like my blends to be subtle, or you guys really like yours to be strong, lol. For the most part, I find that Capella didn't really require much to get good flavor. YMMV, of course.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
Would also like to know how you like these flavors as far as taste goes... My order comes in this monday and I think caramel will be the one I try first maybe with a touch of vanilla custard or french vanilla. But most likely I'm going to try them solo at first so I'd love to hear what you think about the percentages.

If by trying them solo you mean without additives, I tend to add EM to everything sweet, I just recently began using AP but I'm pretty much sold on using it for any bakery type flavor. however, I haven't added anything to my latest capella flavors and don't plan to right away. my first impressions are that i like the vanilla cupcake and sugar cookie best. however, that does not surprise me because they are mellow flavors that probably don't benefit as much from steeping. Also it may be that these are ones that my starting percentages are on the mark. sugar cookie may need a little more flavor. the french toast definitely is strong enough.

If by solo you mean not mixing other flavors when creating the flavor, I almost never do. If I want to know how, for example, vanilla and caramel taste together, I make a batch of each and then mix the two in a third bottle after both are ready for consumption. that's just me I think because i don't approach my mixes as intended for mass consumption,

I haven't had time to search the capella flavors and percentages thread for the peanut butter and caramel and I may not get around to it today because i'm going to vapestock this afternoon. I planned to sleep until noon but i guess i'm a bit excited about going and didn't really get to sleep, gonna try again now.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com

Vanilla Custard - 1-3%
Sweet Strawberry - 3-5%
Snick Snack - Inconclusive (I didn't really care too much for it, but I had tried it at 2.5%, so, maybe more needed?)

Edit: I appears that either I like my blends to be subtle, or you guys really like yours to be strong, lol. For the most part, I find that Capella didn't really require much to get good flavor. YMMV, of course.

thanks for contributing, the source postings for the CFB were 8 to 10%, 10% may indeed be high for my taste. I rarely see percentages lower than 5% except tabaccos, but I am new to all but 4 capella flavors. I'm here to learn and i have already learned over the first 9 months of DIY that, as many beginners do, push the limits of the high percentages. now, when I make something that i haven't made in several months, I try take it down a percent or two. i plan to take into consideration that using a lot of VG like i do i may require a little more for the same results as someone who uses less than 30% VG.

I may give the CFB a try at 1%. I look forward to getting that one right, it does seem to have a unique fudgyness to it. no matter what i end up with as far as personal preference i'll probably end up mixing it with vanilla or cake batter or whipped cream or sweet cream because i still haven't found a chocolate that i like to vape all day as a stand alone. perhaps that is because i've been using too much.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
While I have nothing to add yet (but will if my bloody order ever arrives) I'd like to request that it be noted if anything is a plastic killer. For example I know some brands of cake batter are crackers and was wondering about the cappella.

i don't use the plastic a lot. I'm sure i've used cake batter mixed with other flavors in plastic and not had a problem. don't know if it is problem used solo in plastic. good question.

Reactions: metalic

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I think we've established that you're a super taster. lol. Either that or you're really good at or using really good dripping devices.

Vanilla Custard - 1-3%
Sweet Strawberry - 3-5%

Cookster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2011
Fla-De-Da
I think we've established that you're a super taster. lol. Either that or you're really good at or using really good dripping devices.

That's what I thought too :laugh:

Most of my Capellas is in the 10-20% range, which includes EM, VapeWizard and Menthol, each of those 1 drop per ml.

I find it easier to fix an over flavored mix than an under flavored one, YMMV.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I'm not a good one to ask because I don't like a lot of flavoring.

I made peaches & cream and sweet tangerine at 10% (both). Next time, I might use a tad less. Maybe 8%.

Edit: Sorry, didn't read.

Sweet Tangerine 10% 5/5
Peaches & Cream 10% 5/5

Loved both!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread