List of durable cheapish mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
I've had one of my Joyetech VTC Minis for about 7 months with zero issues. I am an all-day chain vaper, and I don't even want to know how many times I've pressed the fire button on this thing. :thumbs: Another one has seen about 6 months of use, though less frequently. No issues with it either. I've heard of loose 510 connector troubles on these from some people, but I haven't had a problem with either one. The only complaint I have is that the 510 connector is pretty shallow and requires a spacer of some kind on certain atomizers. I use the POM heat insulation gaskets from Fasttech, which work great, though they may require a slight adjustment of the center pin on your atty. The Mini can be had on its own, sans the matching atty (which I don't like anyway) for around $40 or so.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Most Mech Mods are future proof because they have no chip to fail. I would grab a couple of Cheapo clone Tube Mods for your Vapocolypse box. Stay away from the Hybrid Mechs where the atty has direct contact with the battery. Learn Ohms law, basically build higher ohm coils above .6 ohms and run the proper batteries. Add a couple of RDAs and RTAs so you don't have to buy coils. DIY your juice. This should all future proof your vaping pretty well. As far as regulated devices, I have an IPV 3 LI that is about 2 years old that someone else used and gave to me. Still going strong, but there are a lot of under $50 mods out there that will last you a year or 2, just grab 2 or 3 or 10 different ones that fit in your budget.
My plan is that once all my regulated devices fail, I will break them down and take working parts from each to make myself one Mega Frankenstein Mod:w00t::lol:

Last edited:

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
My daily driver at work is a istick Pico, super cheap and small. But I did get in the mail the hcigar Vt75, just a couple days ago.. I honestly have not put it down.

I'm only just scratching the surface on escribe but it's a ton of fun. The vape I get out of it reminds me of how I felt when I finally bought a provari after using a bunch of Chinese tube mods (during the vamo/evic/zmax craze). It may just be placebo but man it seems so smooth and perfect lol. Haven't had a problem yet and it's built extremely well; if you can't tell I'm happy with the purchase.

$89 bucks for an mod using and authentic Evolv DNA 75 chip that was made right here in America. Love it.

-Manny-

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Most Mech Mods are future proof because they have no chip to fail. I would grab a couple of Cheapo clone Tube Mods for your Vapocolypse box. Stay away from the Hybrid Mechs where the atty has direct contact with the battery. Learn Ohms law, basically build higher ohm coils above .6 ohms and run the proper batteries. Add a couple of RDAs and RTAs so you don't have to buy coils. DIY your juice. This should all future proof your vaping pretty well. As far as regulated devices, I have an IPV 3 LI that is about 2 years old that someone else used and gave to me. Still going strong, but there are a lot of under $50 mods out there that will last you a year or 2, just grab 2 or 3 or 10 different ones that fit in your budget.
My plan is that once all my regulated devices fail, I will break them down and take working parts from each to make myself one Mega Frankenstein Mod:w00t::lol:
Those aren't hybrid mods, true hybrids are among the safest mechs there are. It's also a myth that mechs can't be broken. They can be surprisingly fragile. They're easier to repair though, and will often have some functionality even when broken.

And the Ipv3 li hasn't been out anywhere near two years. One year, barely. Even the DNA 40, the first tc chip, is only slightly over 18 months old. I believe that even the Provari 2.5 is less than three years old (though I could be wrong). Things progress so quickly in vaping that few devices ever get to an active mature age. For example, my original Innokin SVD is a few months short of three years old and still works as a charm, but then again it's probably more than two years since I used it on a day to day basis.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
My bad I have the IPV3 not the LI it goes to 150 watts and it was given to me in 2014, Still a great device. I stand by what I say on mech mods. My 2 SVDs the buttons gave out before 6 months but my Zmax is still going strong and so is my old VTR. I have been vaping since 2011 and I have a couple of old EGo passthrus from that time that are still working.
Every device can and has had issues and that is why I don't want to recommend one brand over another brand. OP just get the device or devices that you like and will serve your style of vaping, I have several different mods and only have duplicates of my favorites because I like them and if they fail I would miss them. I also have a couple of Telescopic Mech mods and a series box for the just in case, Not much can or will go wrong with a mech short of losing it.

Last edited:

big4570

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2014
Ontario
Hi all. I was hoping we could compile a list of good quality mods that will last a while.

Mechanical, Regulated, Clone, whatever. As long as it will keep me vaping for a long time and isn't $300 thats all i ask for.

So, what do think?
Look for a Sigelei 150w (not the temp control version)

Reactions: gofishtx
ive had good luck with the Istick line, ive had the I30, TC40 and TC120(TC100). the TC40w is getting close to a year, and the TC100w ive had maybe 4-6 months and im loving it. If your looking for a pocket freindly single batt setup, I would get the PICO. all the features of the TC120w, plus one or two extra, but it only hits 75w, which is enough power to satisfy most as far as I can tell... but some want more power. you can get still some decent clouds at 75w... for ~$40 for the kit, not too shabby IMHO

Reactions: Falconeer

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Innokin MVP 3.0 Pro is a solid 60W mod with a 4500mah built in battery that's USB rechargeable. The display is larger and more easily readable than most.

I just bought an iStick TC 40W (2600mah built in) to replace my aging iStick 20W. I always pick something small when I go out of the house.

I'm happy with both of the above mods.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deepfried
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread