• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

List of MP's and PM candidates. Please find yours and contact them asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveaustin1971

Feb 14, 2014
Canada
I live and work near Ottawa and I have had some interesting conversations with some folks working in government (not elected officials, the folks that handle paperwork and do the work behind the bills and regulations etc) and they ask me quite different questions than people ask in our community. I get asked about our lobby group (as far as I know there really aren't any big $ lobby groups for vaping in Canada) and I get asked how much money goes into pushing The Lung Association and Cancer Society into supporting PV's. From the point of view of people who work in government the "hit them with common sense and appeal to them on a fact/health basis" is just foolish in a system that is oiled with money and lobby groups are the standard operating procedure. Canadian ecig retailers and juice companies need to get together and hire lobbiests and grease palms and put their money where their mouth is if we want to win this battle because we are fighting outside the arena at the moment and the battle is being fought entirely without us. I think people should still write their MP's because we are likely in for a change of government in a year and we won't have the micro management of the PC's any more and both the Liberal and NDP (though the NDP will definately be more prone to over regulate if you look at their proposed policy in other areas) are more likely to let their MP's propose legislation than the PC party. I do think it will come down to the lobby groups however as that is the way the system works. Pharma has deep pockets. Unless we can push back against the big boys it won't matter how much good vaping can do for people because in the end, politics is not about the people, its about who can scratch the right backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread