List of vendors Age Verification requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny hotsauce

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
Chicago, IL USA
Lightning Vapes, they were Bluecheck and I just got an e-mail from them apologizing and saying that they got some feedback regarding customer concerns about that, and that they are going to be looking into going with Veratad.

I was one of the ones giving them feedback on Veratad.

When I got the email from Sean a few hours ago I replied back and said I couldn't be a customer anymore due to BlueCheck as I will not provide any part of my SSN just to shop online and suggested Veratad as an alternative. He replied back in less than 10 minutes saying he just got off the phone with Veratad and is hoping to have them up and running by next week, minutes after that he sent out the updated message with no more BlueCheck and in comes Veratad.

Apparently I wasn't the only one giving him similar feedback and the fact he took to heart our comments and acted on it tells me they're a stand up shop!

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA

When I got the email from Sean a few hours ago I replied back and said I couldn't be a customer anymore due to BlueCheck as I will not provide any part of my SSN just to shop online and suggested Veratad as an alternative. He replied back in less than 10 minutes saying he just got off the phone with Veratad and is hoping to have them up and running by next week, minutes after that he sent out the updated message with no more BlueCheck and in comes Veratad.

Apparently I wasn't the only one giving him similar feedback and the fact he took to heart our comments and acted on it tells me they're a stand up shop!

For sure on the last part. The whole crew from Sean on down is A+.
They're the type to hand write a "Thank you" on their invoice and really mean it.
I hate they're in Florida 'cause to me that means tax but I still shop with them. Decent prices too.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

Thanks, I'm really impressed by this, I replied to the e-mail thanking them for re-considering and got a reply rather quickly thanking me for the feedback and stating that they wanted to do best by their customers. :thumbs:

Selcien

Aug 23, 2016
I did a search on this thread and didn't see them mentioned.

I placed an order with Sir Vapes A Lot today (Indiana based retailer with Indiana compliant e liquid), and found that they use BlueCheck when I went to check out (didn't see it mentioned prior to that). I don't know of any better options at the moment so I went ahead and checked out with it, it was quick, but for some reason I was sent two code numbers.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
An easy way to do this and what I have been doing is replying to the email that I get from vendors that are having sales. If they are on the list as having some invasive AV, I say "I would love to take advantage of your sales but I can't until you change to a less invasive AV." It worked with Eciggity and they were happy for the feedback and gave us the option of signature delivery.

I did this very thing with an email I received from Mt. Baker Vapor--I received a rather snide reply that asked if I just wanted to be removed from their mailing list. I replied 'yes indeed'. Seems they have no interest in exploring other options.

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
I did this very thing with an email I received from Mt. Baker Vapor--I received a rather snide reply that asked if I just wanted to be removed from their mailing list. I replied 'yes indeed'. Seems they have no interest in exploring other options.

Yeah I did the same. I'm not sure what's gotten into them, but they aren't the same
anymore. They've been giving different reasons for dropping products on their FB
page, and just a whole bunch of weird stuff. Almost like they're a totally different
company now, without that great customer service they used to have. Maybe they're
just losing patience cuz of all the complaints.

Vadi

Feb 5, 2015
As best I can tell, and if someone can correct me, great, but it seems to me Bluecheck got thrown together to cater to online vape shops as soon as the Deeming regs came out. It appears they did it by reaching out through vendor associations and probably targeted email.

Bluecheck started out as a universal internet Id company. They fell into the vaping industry by with lucky timing. When they started, their targeted email was an email scraper and sending spam emails to vendors about TX shipping.

They bought their software from a developer and they use Foresight for age verification. For their manual verification, I have a suspicion, but not enough to confirm as of yet.

Vadi

Feb 5, 2015
So here is my opinion, NO to ss#, BUT as long as I am able (allowed) to take the photo of my ID and block out the DL# and unneeded info, I don't mind... BUT (again) if they want an undoctored ID photo, NOPETY NOPE!

Are you ok with them then storing all the info they've collected (including pic of dl and selfie holding it)? What if they're outsourcing the manual verification of photo Id?

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
Just to chime in: if a vendor is going to send a package with adult
signature required...

TELL US AT THE TIME OF ORDERING!

Currently playing cat and mouse to get my hands on a delivery when
I COULD have arranged to be home on the FIRST attempt. Pain right
in my :censored:.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I did a search on this thread and didn't see them mentioned.

I placed an order with Sir Vapes A Lot today (Indiana based retailer with Indiana compliant e liquid), and found that they use BlueCheck when I went to check out (didn't see it mentioned prior to that). I don't know of any better options at the moment so I went ahead and checked out with it, it was quick, but for some reason I was sent two code numbers.
Thank you. I will added them to the list.

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
Just to chime in: if a vendor is going to send a package with adult
signature required...

TELL US AT THE TIME OF ORDERING!

Currently playing cat and mouse to get my hands on a delivery when
I COULD have arranged to be home on the FIRST attempt. Pain right
in my :censored:.
Oh and by the way... that was Vapor World (dot) biz. No apparent age
verification on the site... just "adult signature required" on delivery.
Pick your poison.

Vadi

Feb 5, 2015
Irrelevant. It's still UTC -5, and the server sending the email could be hosted anywhere.

I'd have to disagree about relevancy. If they are outsourcing the manual verification of a photo id to Colombia, it's very relevant.

While the server could be anywhere, I've never received an email from a GoDaddy or Amazon (website registered by Godaddy, IP is Amazon) server in Colombia.

The question was asked of them 6 days ago. I haven't seen an answer yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread