List of vendors Age Verification requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Some of you REALLY need to take this to heart and start thoroughly checking the sites you order from.
If that was aimed at me or the site mentioned above, when you are logged on the site it does show the locked security symbol on the url.
:)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
You need to go read what's in that link. ;)

Locked security symbol in the URL bar does not mean the site cannot be without issues.
Ok. I did just that. And I looked at the one in this site's url. Both are identical. And both show not only the symbol but the https etc..
Where else would you suggest I look?

Reactions: HazyShades

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

kingdal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2012
The Far Side
Just to add my two cents, I placed an order at Mom and Pop Vapor shop and VapeNW yesterday, my first online orders since deeming took effect. Neither site had AV that I could see. Just straight checkout and got my shipping notices today. I dont know if it matters that I have accounts with them and have shopped with them before 8-8.

I will update more as we go along. Thanks all for this excellent thread!

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Just to add my two cents, I placed an order at Mom and Pop Vapor shop and VapeNW yesterday, my first online orders since deeming took effect. Neither site had AV that I could see. Just straight checkout and got my shipping notices today. I dont know if it matters that I have accounts with them and have shopped with them before 8-8.

I will update more as we go along. Thanks all for this excellent thread!
Thank you. Added to the list.

Goodnight all! :)

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Well then, when two places are saying opposite things, that puts us back to square one.

I think that each test may be looking at different things. I am not 100% positive about that but it does seem that way. Still kind of crazy that the first one would rate them a B if they have no firewall and their software is outdated. o_O

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I think that each test may be looking at different things. I am not 100% positive about that but it does seem that way. Still kind of crazy that the first one would rate them a B if they have no firewall and their software is outdated. o_O

This is correct. Two totally different types of security checks. SSL Labs checks for core server issues with the SSL certificate. Sucuri checks for other things that are equally important.

As for the firewall, that's a trivial thing and an attempt at getting you to purchase their services. The outdated shopping cart software however, is pretty major.

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
This is correct. Two totally different types of security checks. SSL Labs checks for core server issues with the SSL certificate. Sucuri checks for other things that are equally important.

As for the firewall, that's a trivial thing and an attempt at getting you to purchase their services. The outdated shopping cart software however, is pretty major.
This is priceless. Thank you

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
And before some question the trivial mention of "no firewall", Linux machines come with a built in "firewall" called iptables. The firewalls you use on your routers and Windows machines is based off iptables. They're just easier to use in most cases as iptable rules can be somewhat complicated and confusing for most users.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011