List of vendors Age Verification requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Last edited:

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Don't see elementvape on the list. I'm surprised by that.Haven't ordered from them in a while, but never had a problem. Placing an order tomorrow (gotta pick up a prepaid gift card first) and I'll let you know the result.

I use a Walmart Visa Gift Card, Champions. :) Comes in many different amounts and the Issuance Fee is the same no matter what amt. You register this card with your address once home and on your computer. Make sure the cashier follows ALL the instructions on the back of the cardboard card holder .........particularly removing the white tab and scanning the card itself 'cause that's what loads the dollars to the card! :thumbs:

champions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Midwest
Don't see elementvape on the list. I'm surprised by that.Haven't ordered from them in a while, but never had a problem. Placing an order tomorrow (gotta pick up a prepaid gift card first) and I'll let you know the result.

They used something called Authorize.net. It felt the same as normal except at the checkout page you enter your birthdate and (optionally) last 4 of social. I did not enter social and checkout went smooth and they already sent me the tracking number for the shipping slip they printed.

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
The store shouldn't be responsible for an "age verification". Buyer should.
Look what FT has done:
"Age confirmation: By adding this item to your shopping cart, you confirm that you have reached the age of majority in your country of residence."
That's it.
BTW, about Veratad.
That's what they need to verify the age:
  • Instantly Verifies Age Worldwide
  • FTC COPPA Safe Harbor (ESRB Privacy Certified)
  • Requires ONLY Name and Address to Verify
  • Prevents Underage Access to Age-restricted Goods or Services
So it seems online shops could do it themself w/o a customer interference.
Just need to change a privacy policy to reflect the age verification.

Last edited:
Reactions: gerrymi

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
They used something called Authorize.net. It felt the same as normal except at the checkout page you enter your birthdate and (optionally) last 4 of social. I did not enter social and checkout went smooth and they already sent me the tracking number for the shipping slip they printed.
Authorize.net is a CC processor. I don't believe they do AV so I'll list elementvape as Unknown unless somebody can enlighten me. :blush:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Elementvape's AV policy:

Age Verification
We reserve the right to use third party age verification systems, in accordance with federal law. If necessary, we reserve the right to ask for identification if necessary. You must be legal of smoking age for the state in which you reside to obtain and use a credit card and to purchase electronic cigarette products. In instances in which credit card verification is not enough, we may require to review your identification card. You will be asked to fax or email a legible copy of your identification clearly showing your age and shipping address. We will require a signed authorization note along with a legible copy of your identification card. We will cancel the order if proper identification cannot be given in an appropriate amount of time.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
No proof reader. ???? :eek:

First of all, it's not a crime for a minor to possess or even order vaping stuff. It's a crime for the business to sell it to a minor.

Second, perjury only applies in a court of law, not during an online sale. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread