List of vendors Age Verification requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I made several purchases from Vaporworld before Christmas and didn't have to provide anything to them and no signature on delivery...maybe that's for high end items only.

Every shipment I've gotten from them requires Adult Signature on delivery.

This is IMO the best form of age verification and wish all vendors would do this, no worries about ID theft ;)

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven

This is IMO the best form of age verification and wish all vendors would do this, no worries about ID theft ;)
...except you have to be home and hear the doorbell.

BrentMydland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
SE US
Or just set it up for pickup at a FedEx store ;)

It's better than having your ID stolen.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
With my schedule I'd only be able to make it to the po during opening hours maybe once a month and I'd never be home to get it ever. It's a great alternative to sending in a photo id or something like bluecheck but as far as convenience goes I much prefer companies like veratad that do everything in the background and have been for over a decade. No need to show id or give SSN and no extra cost or hassle like with signature on delivery. I'd say its just as secure as well since they just use the data you are already giving them anyway and I'm a very security conscious person.

I have sent id on a couple of occasions but I just use my concealed carry weapons license since its got the info they need and nothing they don't or that they could use and its an official govt ID.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
With my schedule I'd only be able to make it to the po during opening hours maybe once a month and I'd never be home to get it ever. It's a great alternative to sending in a photo id or something like bluecheck but as far as convenience goes I much prefer companies like veratad that do everything in the background and have been for over a decade. No need to show id or give SSN and no extra cost or hassle like with signature on delivery. I'd say its just as secure as well since they just use the data you are already giving them anyway and I'm a very security conscious person.

I have sent id on a couple of occasions but I just use my concealed carry weapons license since its got the info they need and nothing they don't or that they could use and its an official govt ID.
For the majority though it works better, the FedEx store (most) are 24x7, UPS stores vary.

ID theft is no fun, it's happened to me and the amount of information Blue Check requires is excessive. SSN, Phone Number, Address, Photo of you with your ID, it's an ID Thief's wet dream.

Reactions: tmcase

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
For the majority though it works better, the FedEx store (most) are 24x7, UPS stores vary.

ID theft is no fun, it's happened to me and the amount of information Blue Check requires is excessive. SSN, Phone Number, Address, Photo of you with your ID, it's an ID Thief's wet dream.
Happened to me too. Sucked.

BrentMydland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
SE US
I agree that it is a much better option than blue check or having to email your ID. But companies like veratad, LN. Etc are much much easier than anything else. You simply check out as normal, no I'd, no SSN, no signature on delivery, no going to the po, nothing. Just a normal checkout. Can't get any easier than that.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I agree that it is a much better option than blue check or having to email your ID. But companies like veratad, LN. Etc are much much easier than anything else. You simply check out as normal, no I'd, no SSN, no signature on delivery, no going to the po, nothing. Just a normal checkout. Can't get any easier than that.
From Veratad's website for their age verification -

"
IDMatch Solution Summary
In addition to verification of name, address, date of birth, and Social Security Number,"

Nope, I'll do one of two things
  • Age Verification on receipt
  • shop overseas

BrentMydland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
SE US
I've used veratad over 20 times since 8/8 not once have I had to do anything but enter my billing info. They and many other companies use public record to verify your age. I have never been asked for SSN or ID from veratad or other similar companies. Everywhere I have used since 8/8 I've checked out as normal and the verification was done in the background with no extra info. I've sent my ID twice and it was my ccwl to a company that manually verifies.

I don't know why you think your only options are to send ID/snn, order overseas, or pay for and deal with Sig on delivery.

Most AVSs do not require any additional information at all and verify based on your billing information in the background without you even noticing. Literally the least invasive and hassle free option available.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I've used veratad over 20 times since 8/8 not once have I had to do anything but enter my billing info. They and many other companies use public record to verify your age. I have never been asked for SSN or ID from veratad or other similar companies. Everywhere I have used since 8/8 I've checked out as normal and the verification was done in the background with no extra info. I've sent my ID twice and it was my ccwl to a company that manually verifies.

I don't know why you think your only options are to send ID/snn, order overseas, or pay for and deal with Sig on delivery.

Most AVSs do not require any additional information at all and verify based on your billing information in the background without you even noticing. Literally the least invasive and hassle free option available.
Interesting, something like that I'd use. Might be good to actually start a list of company's that use them or those like them.

I won't send my ID period. There are other options that I use.

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
I have ordered from HaloCigs, MyFreedomSmokes, WizardVapes, BullCityVapor, VerdeValleyVapes, vaporbeast, Ecigity, and some others, and all I got asked was my birth date. Haven't had to submit anything for verification so far. Glad I have some sources I can still order from.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Had to sign for a Mech last week from Vaporworld.

Today, I bought another mech and had to send a pic of my ID to 2vapedX.

I made several purchases from Vaporworld before Christmas and didn't have to provide anything to them and no signature on delivery...maybe that's for high end items only.

I've changed Vaporworld to this:
Vaporworld - Adult Signature Delivery (May or may not have to sign for delivery)

Reactions: DavidOck

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I have ordered from HaloCigs, MyFreedomSmokes, WizardVapes, BullCityVapor, VerdeValleyVapes, vaporbeast, Ecigity, and some others, and all I got asked was my birth date. Haven't had to submit anything for verification so far. Glad I have some sources I can still order from.
Are you sure about VerdeValleyVapes? I have them down as BlueCheck.

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
Are you sure about VerdeValleyVapes? I have them down as BlueCheck.

Not sure if they switched or not. All I get asked is my birthdate, and then my order goes through, after that I get the email below. Haven't ordered from them in a couple months, so it might have changed.

"I acknowledge that I am of legal age in my State and City to purchase and use Tobacco Products. I acknowledge that Verde Valley Vapes has properly identified me as the purchaser, and I am of legal age. My order is correct and I agree to the terms and conditions of Verde Valley Vapes, LLC. I understand that if I did not select and pay for my Promotional 100ml(s), I will not receive it/them, since FREE products are not allowed.: Yes"

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Not sure if they switched or not. All I get asked is my birthdate, and then my order goes through, after that I get the email below. Haven't ordered from them in a couple months, so it might have changed.

"I acknowledge that I am of legal age in my State and City to purchase and use Tobacco Products. I acknowledge that Verde Valley Vapes has properly identified me as the purchaser, and I am of legal age. My order is correct and I agree to the terms and conditions of Verde Valley Vapes, LLC. I understand that if I did not select and pay for my Promotional 100ml(s), I will not receive it/them, since FREE products are not allowed.: Yes"
Ok, thanks.

Reactions: Boodaddy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread