listing side by side mods

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
The Holy metal, also known as Brass, has been in constant use since prehistoric times. It has been used to craft legendary relics and holy symbols alike. Vessels comprised of this mysterious and venerable alloy have housed such ancient and sacred artifacts as "The Brass Balls of Hercules" and "The Brass Phallus of Zeus". And you dare compare the welp of a metal such as stainless stool...err I mean steal....err I really meant to say steel... to that?! Pah say I!:D

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I know he's in the swamp land of work lately and admittedly mega busy. I'm sure he'll be back when he can do.

Til then.......... here's a new coil for ya, Dasher.

images

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
I know he's in the swamp land of work lately and admittedly mega busy. I'm sure he'll be back when he can do.

Til then.......... here's a new coil for ya, Dasher.

images

That should vape well with my chosen adult beverage for this evening...

brassmonkey.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Hercules and Zeus must have been pretty tired at the end of a long work day. I get a little tired carrying a few bags of groceries into the house .

Brass junk though, well that's a whole other story. Plus it needs to be polished ALL THE TIME, which could create some other problems for a man. ;-)

Last edited:

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Hercules and Zeus must have need pretty tired at the end of a long work day. I get a little tired carrying a few bags of groceries into the house .

Brass junk though, well that's a whole other story. Plus it needs to be polished ALL THE TIME, which could create some other problems for a man. ;-)

Indeed, all true. Except for the fact one was a God and the other a Demi-God. Thinking they have plenty of worshipers to polish their brass for them. In fact, I'm thinking Aphrodite would lend them each as many "initiates" as they needed to carry their junk around for them too.

:cry: I wanna be a God.

P.S. Come to think of it, I think Hercules was the result of an Epic polishing job. I really want to be a God:cry:

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
P.S. Come to think of it, I think Hercules was the result of an Epic polishing job. I really want to be a God:cry:

"Let them eat grapes!"

I had such a good reply to this but when I read it back to myself my first thought was Reeeeeeeeeported!:D

A wise man once said... :thumb:

Reactions: Katdarling

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
WARNING!!! My side-by-side ate my atty!

Wow! It's a sad sad day in Mudville today. My Knight v1 has eaten my favorite, first ever authentic, KFL+. I blame myself for not keeping an eye on it, but the air flow screw has backed out and now my prized atty is forever stuck in the Knight. This is one major drawback with a side-by-side, it's 80% concealed so there's no way to get any kind of tool in there to free it.

I'm thinking about cutting the mod up with a dremel to get the base plate out and trying to slice it up to get it off. I doubt this will work but what have I to loose. I love my KFL+, it's what got me off cigs. It has been shelved for the past year or more since I started using Kabuki's exclusively. I only recently put it back into service and maybe had 3 tanks through it before this happened.

Everyone please; please pay attention when servicing your gear. It's too late for me, but maybe this will help prevent another disaster.... :facepalm:

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY

Wow! It's a sad sad day in Mudville today. My Knight v1 has eaten my favorite, first ever authentic, KFL+. I blame myself for not keeping an eye on it, but the air flow screw has backed out and now my prized atty is forever stuck in the Knight. This is one major drawback with a side-by-side, it's 80% concealed so there's no way to get any kind of tool in there to free it.

I'm thinking about cutting the mod up with a dremel to get the base plate out and trying to slice it up to get it off. I doubt this will work but what have I to loose. I love my KFL+, it's what got me off cigs. It has been shelved for the past year or more since I started using Kabuki's exclusively. I only recently put it back into service and maybe had 3 tanks through it before this happened.

Everyone please; please pay attention when servicing your gear. It's too late for me, but maybe this will help prevent another disaster.... :facepalm:

take it to a machine shop and they can work their magic to solve your dilemma..............................

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013

Pulled my Kv1 out of storage and took a quick look. Not saying it will be easy, but it should not require you cutting it up with a D-Tool. You know your way around a PCB and a soldering iron by chance?

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
take your kayfun apart while still on the mod. you'll be able to access the end of the fill screw from the top of the base. since they are so loose a bit of jiggling and something with a small rubber tip might work. or a tiny easy out.
Thanks but it's the air flow screw, not the fill screw. Only access to that is from below...

Users who are viewing this thread