ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
Same here.
Tesla 70w shipped also.
Now just the wait to see if they make it through US customs.
Pretty sure the Knight V2 is an after 8/16 product.
Haven't seen it available in any US shops. (could be wrong tho)
I think I read that 101vape was not going to carry the knight because it was released after. Hopefully you get it!! I live in Canada so should be okay for the moment.

Reactions: puffon

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Same here.
Tesla 70w shipped also.
Now just the wait to see if they make it through US customs.
Pretty sure the Knight V2 is an after 8/16 product.
Haven't seen it available in any US shops. (could be wrong tho)
Both the Knight V2 and the Battlestar were actually in development & prototyping prior to 8/8. Smoant however failed to release documented Advertizing/Pre-Sale literature until 8/19 as they were delayed in release due to a technical delay in protyping at the factory. They should have released renderings prior to 8/8 instead of actual pics & presold one (and did not) & stupidly instead waited for prototype finalization & approval to prepare the release announcement with actual pics.

Technically, they should have qualified as a pre-8/8 product as they had design work done, were prototyping, & went to full manufacture long before many products that technically qualify as pre-8/8, but have not even been manufactured yet. Us vendors would not carry because Smoant cannot provide documentation proving this pre-8/8 dated pre-sale announcement.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
Both the Knight V2 and the Battlestar were actually in development & prototyping prior to 8/8. Smoant however failed to release documented Advertizing/Pre-Sale literature until 8/19 as they were delayed in release due to a technical delay in protyping at the factory. They should have released renderings prior to 8/8 instead of actual pics & presold one (and did not) & stupidly instead waited for prototype finalization & approval to prepare the release announcement with actual pics.

Technically, they should have qualified as a pre-8/8 product as they had design work done, were prototyping, & went to full manufacture long before many products that technically qualify as pre-8/8, but have not even been manufactured yet. Us vendors would not carry because Smoant cannot provide documentation proving this pre-8/8 dated pre-sale announcement.

Makes one wonder if they didn't drag their feet on purpose so they could cut out the middle man. Question is wether there is going to be any meaningful enforcement by customs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Makes one wonder if they didn't drag their feet on purpose so they could cut out the middle man. Question is wether there is going to be any meaningful enforcement by customs.

They have no vested interest in cutting out the middle man. The delay limited their market penetration & therefore the profitability. Think they had some prototype issues with the new board design that delayed them.

Sincerely doubt they will enforce anything until after the two year TPD application grace period is up and they don't approve any applications making all vape equip illegal.

Then they will enforce & none will get through. Much, much easier to ban it all rather than sort through what was made when, which is legal & which is not.

My second Knight V2 came in through San Francisco the other day so I'm guessing with luck perhaps by weeks end.

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I think they have until Dec 31st to file. I read one of those clarifying memos the FDA was doing and they talked about scanning, mail codes, enforcement (customs) in about a month. I expect delays but I know some pkgs are being sent to them for scanning now. I'm guessing that's equip testing. I don't think anyone knows for sure what will happen or when. My impression is the FDA has learned a lot from the drug war and they intend to approach vaping like a wish list of what they wish they could've done. Ugh. I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DPLongo22

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
CLRBA Kanger CL RBA Deck for Cupti, Evod Pro and CLTank - CLRBA Kangertech

Florida Vape supply carrying stock on the CLRBA? SURPRISED TO SEE THAT.

upload_2016-10-25_5-18-24.png

Last edited:

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
So, on the menu today? A large heaping of Crow. Much to my surprise my Smoant V2 from FT arrived today. Shipped the 18th, arrived the 27th...a marked improvement from orders past. I'll give a couple quick thoughts on the mod as I just started vaping with it. First, the weight. They came through in spades on my biggest issue with the V1.
v1.JPG

v2.JPG

Pass through vaping via micro usb that actually works (waves at Chels). The advertised enlarged display screen is enlarged, but not the actual information itself. Its a slightly different hue but that's it. Not a big issue to me cause I had no issues viewing the V1. The buttons retain the nice tactile feedback but require a wee bit less pressure applied on the V2. The finish has gone from a slippery gloss to a nice matte and I find it easier on the eyes as well a better grip. The only thing I do not like about the V2 thus far is something I knew I would dislike before it even arrived. The thrice blasted battery cover. I don't care how well constructed, a magnetic battery cover will never be as solid as I like it. That being said, it does not rattle or come off without a bit of a tug. It does; however, move around a tad if you apply any form of cross pressure. I will admit, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to that so YMMV. All in all, with the 60 minutes of testing so far I am very happy with it. With a price point of 40 bucks I class it as almost disposable and they will definitely be my new "at work" mod.

If something of note pops up while I'm giving it the "Vape Trials" I'll be sure to pass it along.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
So, on the menu today? A large heaping of Crow. Much to my surprise my Smoant V2 from FT arrived today. Shipped the 18th, arrived the 27th...a marked improvement from orders past. I'll give a couple quick thoughts on the mod as I just started vaping with it. First, the weight. They came through in spades on my biggest issue with the V1.
View attachment 609989
View attachment 609991
Pass through vaping via micro usb that actually works (waves at Chels). The advertised enlarged display screen is enlarged, but not the actual information itself. Its a slightly different hue but that's it. Not a big issue to me cause I had no issues viewing the V1. The buttons retain the nice tactile feedback but require a wee bit less pressure applied on the V2. The finish has gone from a slippery gloss to a nice matte and I find it easier on the eyes as well a better grip. The only thing I do not like about the V2 thus far is something I knew I would dislike before it even arrived. The thrice blasted battery cover. I don't care how well constructed, a magnetic battery cover will never be as solid as I like it. That being said, it does not rattle or come off without a bit of a tug. It does; however, move around a tad if you apply any form of cross pressure. I will admit, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to that so YMMV. All in all, with the 60 minutes of testing so far I am very happy with it. With a price point of 40 bucks I class it as almost disposable and they will definitely be my new "at work" mod.

If something of note pops up while I'm giving it the "Vape Trials" I'll be sure to pass it along.

Excellent review - thanks Jim!

It's a Weeble Mod!!!

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
View attachment 609989
View attachment 609991

Glad to hear you like it overall as much as I do. My black one was so well liked someone swiped it. Surprsed that you didn't mention the 510 as I seem to remember you thought that might be an issue for you as well.

Agree the screen display being the same, the battery door wiggle & the 510 are disappointing but the form factor, operational capability, and weight improvements far outweigh these disappointments. Still think it is a winner in my book.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Is it weird that I actually really like this?

Heck no. It's kinda cool looking. If it had a decent-vape chip in it, I might even consider it.

Although the first time it fell forward it might get thrown out a window.

Reactions: Katdarling

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Glad to hear you like it overall as much as I do. My black one was so well liked someone swiped it. Surprsed that you didn't mention the 510 as I seem to remember you thought that might be an issue for you as well.

Agree the screen display being the same, the battery door wiggle & the 510 are disappointing but the form factor, operational capability, and weight improvements far outweigh these disappointments. Still think it is a winner in my book.

I totally forgot about the fully adjustable 510 plate. It was removed in the V2. Not a deal breaker for me but I did enjoy the feature.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Heck no. It's kinda cool looking. If it had a decent-vape chip in it, I might even consider it.

Although the first time it fell forward it might get thrown out a window.

You nailed it. It's all about the chipset. At least for me now, I've got far too many impulse mod buys, with unknown chips that sit in their boxes as I was not impressed with their temp control abilities. In fact most of my Pico's and VTC's, are all shelved, once I got my first few DNA75's. And most of those do a decent job with TC. I've owned a DNA200 for quite some time, but I like the smaller size of the DNA75 mods. As a mostly TC user, it's hard to pickup all those other mods now. If you are a wattage/power user the difference is less apparent, and probably not a noticeable difference. Been waiting a month now for my preordered Vaporshark DNA75, I hope that's a winner as well!

Users who are viewing this thread