listing side by side mods

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
It's such a shame. I was so excited to pair the union up with my new Skyline rta. Even purchased SS316 wire to give temp control a fair shake (for the first time since Ni200 was all the rage, or rage inducing, one of the two. I think my mind has blocked those memories, trauma and whatnot...). Good news is, the skyline fits perfectly in both my Xvos ;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It's such a shame. I was so excited to pair the union up with my new Skyline rta. Even purchased SS316 wire to give temp control a fair shake (for the first time since Ni200 was all the rage, or rage inducing, one of the two. I think my mind has blocked those memories, trauma and whatnot...). Good news is, the skyline fits perfectly in both my Xvos ;)

I'll be stunned the day I see something better designed than that Xvo that gave me so much heartache. From my perspective, they're perfect.

But I guess that's easy when you're rocking-it with 11 watts of pure, unadulterated POWER. :blush:

Reactions: Katdarling

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
9.5 watts of pure power here!

(and another who finds the Xvo adorbs and perfection)

7294278-188921835_7-s4-v1.png

Reactions: DPLongo22

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
The union stick arrived today. Disappointed is an understatement. The plastic sleeve flies right off with the tiniest shake, and the stitching on the leather sleeve tore while trying to get it on. Contacting VPL today to ship it back for a refund.

I guess the Xvostick spoiled me.

Sorry to hear about your Union. Mine doesn't have the shake problem, it stays put fairly well. I can move the mod section up and down easily, but doesn't come out unless I'm shaking REALLY hard, like:

yE3b0J66wEeQM.gif

I was a little taken aback by the leather sleeve...I was under the impression that it went over the plastic sheath, but it replaces it, and even then it's a tight fit. I haven't really used the Union yet, as none of the top fill tanks I have fit. I just got an Ammit by GeekVape that fits, but I have yet to coil it. You may have been disappointed anyway, because unless I am mistaken, there isn't any TC on this mod, just plain 'ol 50w of VW.

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
I was a little taken aback by the leather sleeve...I was under the impression that it went over the plastic sheath, but it replaces it, and even then it's a tight fit. I haven't really used the Union yet, as none of the top fill tanks I have fit. I just got an Ammit by GeekVape that fits, but I have yet to coil it. You may have been disappointed anyway, because unless I am mistaken, there isn't any TC on this mod, just plain 'ol 50w of VW.

The leather sleeve would have solved the problem with the plastic, if it had been properly sized :(

The Startplat does indeed to TC. Quickly click your fire button three times, the menu should pop up. Tilt the stick to the right/left to go through the menu. What you are looking for is "Thermal Control" presets are available for Ni200, Ti, 304SS, 316L, and a custom setting. :)

Reactions: StealthyTX

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
The leather sleeve would have solved the problem with the plastic, if it had been properly sized :(

The Startplat does indeed to TC. Quickly click your fire button three times, the menu should pop up. Tilt the stick to the right/left to go through the menu. What you are looking for is "Thermal Control" presets are available for Ni200, Ti, 304SS, 316L, and a custom setting. :)

Good to know if I ever decide to try TC. However, if I catch it trying to access my email account it's going in the recycle bin!

Reactions: Katdarling

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Welp, now it's my turn to hate on the union. I coiled up my Geekvape Ammit since it *just* fits, but when I screw the tank in, no matter how careful I am, the act of screwing in the tank closes off airflow and juice controls. This thing, while a great form factor, is totally useless due to the tightness of the area the tank sits in. I would recommend not wasting money on this thing. I had such high hopes, too :(

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Welp, now it's my turn to hate on the union. I coiled up my Geekvape Ammit since it *just* fits, but when I screw the tank in, no matter how careful I am, the act of screwing in the tank closes off airflow and juice controls. This thing, while a great form factor, is totally useless due to the tightness of the area the tank sits in. I would recommend not wasting money on this thing. I had such high hopes, too :(

You've got to be kidding!!!!! Oh, Stealthy... :(

I guess now would be a bad time to tell you there's a pristine black Xvo with SS buttons in the classies, huh?

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
I guess it wasn't a bad time. ;-)

I'll watch for your For Sale thread and bump it.

There will be no for sale thread for this, I don't think I want to make an enemy by selling this to someone, especially for what it cost. :( It goes in the vape junk box.

It was actually very good timing on the XVO, if it really is in great shape, not sure how it has lasted this long.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
There will be no for sale thread for this, I don't think I want to make an enemy by selling this to someone, especially for what it cost. :( It goes in the vape junk box.

It was actually very good timing on the XVO, if it really is in great shape, not sure how it has lasted this long.

I so vehemently disagree!!!!!!! That's YOUR experience, but someone else may use different tanks, and love it. Offer it up!!!!

Don Corleone's is guaranteed to be in good shape. He's a reputable seller, big time. You'll be happy (as long as it too doesn't cause you issues like this one).

The only way one of my Xvo's will ever leave the house is if @Katdarling wants to temporarily swap the blue out for red. Best mod ever (IMO).

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'll give it a try at a low low price. Maybe it will work for someone else's favorite tank, who knows? Glad to hear about your vouch, makes me feel better about buying it.
Don't go much below 75%, then see what you can get. It's a nice mod.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Hopefully the XVO will take those lil Smok Spirals tanks. I kind of like them, even if it's a .6ohm coil. It's probably too short, though, so it will probably stay on my CF18650 unless I get lucky. At least I know it will take my two topfill RTAs with no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread