listing side by side mods

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Nope, the airflow ring is too big to fit the V2 or V1
Why did the Crown 1 not fit? Was the airflow ring 23mm? Just wondering because I was looking at the Knight V2 for my KF5. It does have a 23mm airflow ring. I’m trying to tame the tower tank that it is. Right now the eleaf Pico is doing that but a side by side would be great.

Reactions: DPLongo22

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Why did the Crown 1 not fit? Was the airflow ring 23mm? Just wondering because I was looking at the Knight V2 for my KF5. It does have a 23mm airflow ring. I’m trying to tame the tower tank that it is. Right now the Eleaf Pico is doing that but a side by side would be great.
    The Crown V1 airflow ring is 24mm.
    I don't have a KF5, but it might squeak by.
    The cage on the Knight V1 and V2 measure 23.35mm.
    Maybe someone here with a KF could try it.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    The Crown V1 airflow ring is 24mm.
    I don't have a KF5, but it might squeak by.
    The cage on the Knight V1 and V2 measure 23.35mm.
    Maybe someone here with a KF could try it.
    Thanks for the info! That makes sense.
    Gonna try to see videos of the exact measurements of the KF5 Think it’s just 23. The Pico can’t handle a 24+mm.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Why did the Crown 1 not fit? Was the airflow ring 23mm? Just wondering because I was looking at the Knight V2 for my KF5. It does have a 23mm airflow ring. I’m trying to tame the tower tank that it is. Right now the Eleaf Pico is doing that but a side by side would be great.

I like the Pico with a small tank on it, such as the Doggy, but for anything larger I find SBS options to be quite valuable. They definitely add weight to the mix, but I have a place for the shorter options in my vapeworld.

Personal decisions, of course, but the Knight may be a great option for the KF5 (given its height).

Reactions: Katdarling

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    I like the Pico with a small tank on it, such as the Doggy, but for anything larger I find SBS options to be quite valuable. They definitely add weight to the mix, but I have a place for the shorter options in my vapeworld.

Personal decisions, of course, but the Knight may be a great option for the KF5 (given its height).

Funny thing.... been looking for a good mod for my KF5 for over a year now. (Do love my iStick Picos, totally reliable) Was watching the You Tube video of the Paris Vape Expo (Phil B) and an interview with, Flo, the designer for Svoemesto was interviewed about the KF Prime, the 5 and the KF 5x2. So...Flo’s fav is the KF5. I was excited to see the mod he was vaping it on. (The tower atty that it is)..Lol... He was rocking it on a Eleaf Pico! Does my quest for a mod for this tank end there or continue...haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Funny thing.... been looking for a good mod for my KF5 for over a year now. (Do love my iStick Picos, totally reliable) Was watching the You Tube video of the Paris Vape Expo (Phil B) and an interview with, Flo, the designer for Svoemesto was interviewed about the KF Prime, the 5 and the KF 5x2. So...Flo’s fav is the KF5. I was excited to see the mod he was vaping it on. (The tower atty that it is)..Lol... He was rocking it on a Eleaf Pico! Does my quest for a mod for this tank end there or continue...haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's EASY. :)

If you're satisfied with it, "Ends". If you find that you need something shorter, "Continues".

I have places for many things. Some days I walk out with an extended Ti Provari and an Erl. It's light, but long, and vapes GREAT (for my style). It all depends on my mood (what comes with me, that is).

One of the many great things about vaping is that there's no "correct" or "incorrect" way to do it. Options exist, but are far from mandatory. Whatever works is the correct way.

If ya like it, do it some more. :cool: :vapor:

skotsour

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 19, 2010
    Hello all! I REALLY want to get my hands on one of the newer Xvosticks but missed out on the last batch. I messaged Mini-Ecig and they said they're not sure when another batch will be started. Bummer. Anyone know someplace that I get get my grubby little mitts on one? I have one of the first versions and a clone that has bit the dust, I just NEED one of the newer ones in my stable...

(I would've posted this in the Xvostick thread, but this one seems more active)

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Hello all! I REALLY want to get my hands on one of the newer Xvosticks but missed out on the last batch. I messaged Mini-Ecig and they said they're not sure when another batch will be started. Bummer. Anyone know someplace that I get get my grubby little mitts on one? I have one of the first versions and a clone that has bit the dust, I just NEED one of the newer ones in my stable...

(I would've posted this in the Xvostick thread, but this one seems more active)

I'd keep an eye on the classies, both here and "there", along with FB, Mod Trader, and sites/apps like that.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Thanks, DP!

ALWAYS a pleasure, SS. I'll be curious...

I like them too, and was close, but backed off at the end. Great pricing when they dropped - which is probably why they disappeared so quickly.

Mavericktrd

Oct 21, 2015
    I posted here in January. I had ordered a smoant Knight v2 as well as a ranger juppi.

The Knight was amazing. Unfortunately it bit the dust....over the summer I got pushed into my swimming pool and it was in my hand. It completely submerged and after drying out worked for another 3 months. Last month it bit the dust.

So I've been back to using my vtc mini or an ego one mega.

I've been following this thread seeing what's new out there and nearly ordered the eleaf ikonn total.
    Didn't feel like waiting for fasttech so I started to peruse the local brick and mortars.

I found a wismec rx75 for a great price and snagged it.
    My joyetech bases have been most reliable and wismec I believe is affiliated.

I am not sure if this is considered side by side enough, but here is a couple size comparisons

Attachments

• IMG_20171201_133756369~2.jpg
      IMG_20171201_133756369~2.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 119

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I posted here in January. I had ordered a smoant Knight v2 as well as a ranger juppi.

The Knight was amazing. Unfortunately it bit the dust....over the summer I got pushed into my swimming pool and it was in my hand. It completely submerged and after drying out worked for another 3 months. Last month it bit the dust.

So I've been back to using my vtc mini or an ego one mega.

I've been following this thread seeing what's new out there and nearly ordered the eleaf ikonn total.
    Didn't feel like waiting for fasttech so I started to peruse the local brick and mortars.

I found a wismec rx75 for a great price and snagged it.
    My joyetech bases have been most reliable and wismec I believe is affiliated.

I am not sure if this is considered side by side enough, but here is a couple size comparisons
    FT is still selling the Knight V2...good price.
    I'm tempted to get another.
    $28.95 Authentic Smoant Knight V2 80W TC VW APV Mod Kit - 4.5ml / 1-80W / 100-300'C(200-600'F) / 0.5ohm / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Mavericktrd

Oct 21, 2015
    Yeah that's a great price I still might order one too. Great mod for sure.
    The Wismec RX75 ("Rolo" to some of us) is sort of a SBS, and.... congrats! I really like that little thing. (I've got two of them)

I'll have to remember that name! (Rolo) it's catchy.
    And thus far it's insanely impressive. Couldn't be happier.
    It is comical seeing retailers react when they only show you 2-3 battery devices and you insist that a single 18650 is what you want and the smaller the better. Quality trumps a smidgen difference in size for me
    My tank runs dry about the time a battery dies. Perfect time to reload. Furthermore I wear scrubs to work and there's nothing worse then a ton of dead weight in those pockets

tearose50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Tennessee :-)
    LOL I don't like the ROLO. I prefer buttons to squeeze.:)

I did like the Smoant Knight V2 OK and just as I was groovin a bit on that low button after a few days and the chip went wacky. Darn.

The only SBS I've really enjoyed is the teeny tiny (and now old) Tesla Stealth. Stealthy and best pocket mod for me to date. Cant say I'm fond of the Tesla chips---not an all day power source for me, but this has been a very useful purchase.

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    LOL I don't like the ROLO. I prefer buttons to squeeze.:)

The mystery & marvel of this wonderful thing we call "Vape" continues, with plenty to go around for everyone. Even those who like to switch things up now and then. ;) :thumbs:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I did like the Smoant Knight V2 OK and just as I was groovin a bit on that low button after a few days and the chip went wacky. Darn.

Sorry about the bad chip, Tea, and I get the button thing. Somehow and surprisingly, it works.

• Agree
    Reactions: Katdarling

Users who are viewing this thread