listing side by side mods

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Agree, Lex, and even fatter than the eGrip.

Premium and then some! Congrats, dear one. How is the heft? Feels ok to you? Really not too heavy?

Can you shoot it next to another device we'd know? Just for comparison's sake.

It looks fab, sweetie. :)
I'll do that for you in the AM. Took the kiddies to one of those theatres that serve you food & alcohol.....well, not for the chill'ren. They had chicken strips, fries, lemonade & :pop:
I dont know if I'm tired or drunk! ;)

IMG_19691_20160501_012032_zpswcgwavfj.jpg

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I'll do that for you in the AM. Took the kiddies to one of those theatres that serve you food & alcohol.....well, not for the chill'ren. They had chicken strips, fries, lemonade & :pop:
I dont know if I'm tired or drunk! ;)

IMG_19691_20160501_012032_zpswcgwavfj.jpg

Either way, looks like fun, fun, fun, Lex!!! Cute pic, girl!

Arms up...... fingers wigglin'!!

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
I've been following this thread for a while now but wonder, are there any happy Athena Envy 22 owners here?

I did a search but could only find one short thread with some info on it. Is it still to new to be well known or is there another reason why it isn't all that popular perhaps?

I know there is a more refined - or at least better finished version out there that goes by a different name but I just don't like the way that one looks while I love the looks of the Athena.

I'm also curious if the Athena would accommodate a EHPro Bachelor. It is a 22mm tank but it has a slightly wider ring about a cm or so from the bottom.

Any user info one could provide would be appreciated!

I have an Athena envy, and I don't like it all that much. It's quite big (wide) compared to xvo etc. It also looks a bit cheap imo.
The only reason I still have it is because it has a deeper well than the other side by sides, so it can fit taller tanks.
I only recommend it if you have lots of tall tanks and want them to fit flush with the top of your mod.
I only have the mutank in that category, and that one fits it very nice.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
and, just because I love his stuff, here is another review (only 4 min., lots of pictures).

I LOVED THAT REVIEW! I wish all were similar. Subscribing.

Thanks, @pokemom!!!

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
I LOVED THAT REVIEW! I wish all were similar. Subscribing.

Thanks, @pokemom!!!
I like his stuff a lot! Great photos, he seems honest, and there is no personality or mucking about. The background music is also quite relaxing and nice.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I hate pictorial vids cause it forces me to remain seated & pay attn & I usually cant make it thru the 1st 2 min but I did manage to watch it long enough to capture a screenshot for you @Katdarling so thank you @pokemom for posting it.

Screenshot_20160501-104634_zpsdfxbb7kd.png

He said the same thing I said in regards to weight & feel. :thumbs:

Screenshot_20160501-104645_zps5kt7hqmj.png

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Either way, looks like fun, fun, fun, Lex!!! Cute pic, girl!

Arms up...... fingers wigglin'!!
We had fun!!! My g/f is the big kid on the end ;) & she's one of those people that gets everybody involved.
By the time we left, everybody knew who we were.....fun had by all. :lol:

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I have an Athena eNVy 22, and I'm quite pleased. I do not have the Bachelor to test. Send me one, and I'll let you know :) I typically run either my Goblin V1.2 or Bellus in it. Both tanks are 45 mm from base to top. The Goblin has a nipple. The battery life is good. Although it claims to have a 3300 mAh battery inside, I think it's likely a bit underspecced. Or all my other 3xxx internal battery mods are seriously overspecced. There is a review of the mod on my site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback, do you have a link to that review please?

I have an Athena envy, and I don't like it all that much. It's quite big (wide) compared to xvo etc. It also looks a bit cheap imo.
The only reason I still have it is because it has a deeper well than the other side by sides, so it can fit taller tanks.
I only recommend it if you have lots of tall tanks and want them to fit flush with the top of your mod.
I only have the mutank in that category, and that one fits it very nice.

So don't you like it just because of it's looks and dimensions, or do you feel that it doesn't function all too well?

Thanks for chiming in to everyone else!

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I like his stuff a lot! Great photos, he seems honest, and there is no personality or mucking about. The background music is also quite relaxing and nice.

Perfect for me (NOT perfect for @ScandaLeX !). :laugh:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I've been following this thread for a while now but wonder, are there any happy Athena Envy 22 owners here?

I did a search but could only find one short thread with some info on it. Is it still to new to be well known or is there another reason why it isn't all that popular perhaps?

I know there is a more refined - or at least better finished version out there that goes by a different name but I just don't like the way that one looks while I love the looks of the Athena.

I'm also curious if the Athena would accommodate a EHPro Bachelor. It is a 22mm tank but it has a slightly wider ring about a cm or so from the bottom.

Any user info one could provide would be appreciated!
I finally got my Envy22 about a week ago. Took forever to get it from China because I had ordered some batteries with it. During the wait, I had buyers remorse for ever purchasing it but now that I have it, I think that I actually like it. I like that it has a very deep atty well. I am using it with a Cthulhu v2 and it fits perfectly inside the well. I thought that I would have issues with the wattage setting since it only does whole watts but I have tried it on most of my attys and have had no issues finding an appropriate setting for it. Battery life seems to be reasonable. I use both 3000 and 3500mah batteries and it seems to match their life. I would not buy another one but I think that I will get some everyday use out of this one. One thing that does bother me is that you cannot lock your wattage so you have to make sure that you do not accidentally push either of the buttons. I also have an xvostick clone. I think that it is a better setup but would not recommend the clone due to known issues with the chip. I do think that the envy22 is better for larger attys given the deeper well. I only paid $36.50 delivered for the envy22 from FT with a 20% off coupon. They have a sale on today for 15% off using code LABORDAY if you are interested in buying one.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I finally got my Envy22 about a week ago. Took forever to get it from China because I had ordered some batteries with it. During the wait, I had buyers remorse for ever purchasing it but now that I have it, I think that I actually like it. I like that it has a very deep atty well. I am using it with a Cthulhu v2 and it fits perfectly inside the well. I thought that I would have issues with the wattage setting since it only does whole watts but I have tried it on most of my attys and have had no issues finding an appropriate setting for it. Battery life seems to be reasonable. I use both 3000 and 3500mah batteries and it seems to match their life. I would not buy another one but I think that I will get some everyday use out of this one. One thing that does bother me is that you cannot lock your wattage so you have to make sure that you do not accidentally push either of the buttons. I also have an xvostick clone. I think that it is a better setup but would not recommend the clone due to known issues with the chip. I do think that the envy22 is better for larger attys given the deeper well. I only paid $36.50 delivered for the envy22 from FT with a 20% off coupon. They have a sale on today for 15% off using code LABORDAY if you are interested in buying one.

Thanks for the reply and info!

I had a quick look at the Xvostick but it didn't really appeal to me. If it did I would go for the authentic anyway after what I've read about both versions.

Thanks for the coupon code as well but I'm still undecided, I'm considering 3 other mods as well & I'm still looking at what else will hit the market before the fall too. But I probably don't have the patience to order from outside of the EU anyhoe once I've made up my mind :)

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
Thanks for the reply and info!

I had a quick look at the Xvostick but it didn't really appeal to me. If it did I would go for the authentic anyway after what I've read about both versions.

Thanks for the coupon code as well but I'm still undecided, I'm considering 3 other mods as well & I'm still looking at what else will hit the market before the fall too. But I probably don't have the patience to order from outside of the EU anyhoe once I've made up my mind :)
Not sure how I got it but I seem to have the patience to wait. Not many do!! I really like the side by side type mods since the VTR came out. Have a hard time resisting trying them all but I think overall I prefer the evic vtc mini over all other mods. I now have 6 of them and I think they are the perfect mod for me.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
@Katdarling Sorry it took all day. I was out at my other addiction ~ Best Buy!!! ;)
My new kick....smoothies!!! :banana:

So without further delay....ProVari Radius & Smoant Knight V1 size comparisons.
For me the SKv1 wins in size & weight!!

20160501_214037_20160501_214348_zpswsdrekya.jpg

20160501_214058_20160501_214350_zpsylsah6tq.jpg

20160501_214150_20160501_214351_zpsmnhwqit9.jpg

20160501_214223_20160501_214353_zpsfhoont7l.jpg

20160501_214237_20160501_214354_zpso8g2xraj.jpg
I think it wins in the looks department, too. I like Provape, but that semi-translucent plastic (I know it's much more than plain ol' plastic) is just enh...

Users who are viewing this thread